• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Review: Chicken Penne Al Fresco

In summary, the author suggests a variety of variations of the recipe that all include a stove top component.
lacychef
YUM-O! I thought this was a great recipe! I've been in love with the one pot pasta...this new one is going to be my new go-to recipe I think. So simple, and my whole picky family loved it too.
Finally used the garlic peeler & slicer for it too, & thought they worked great.

I had tried this at a cluster meeting and it was awesome, so last night, even thought it was cold as all and windy to boot, I tossed on my coat and ran to Krogers for some penne pasta. Keep in mind that I only use whole wheat pasta and that was my mistake. Whole wheat pasta turns into something quite yucky in the microwave. It was so gummy/gucky that I had to toss the whole bowl out. And it wasn't that I microwaved it to long because it was still al dente, but tasted like gummy flour.

So morale of the story, don't use whole wheat penne in your microwave.

I learned that the hard way, too!! YUCK!

Good tip on the wheat pasta!
I think this is a great one to advertise meatless also...it's so yummy...just that and a nice salad, not too filling, etc. It's wonderful!

I've been thinking about making this at my upcoming shows. Serve it with cubed-up french bread with the new dipping seasonings w/ olive oil.

I love this recipe!!! I just signed w/ PC and this was the 1st recipe I made with all of my new products. My husband & 19 month old daughter LOVED this!!! And while eating we came up with so many variations to change it up, I think this will be a weekly staple dinner in my house from now on!!!!!:thumbup:

I was impressed with this recipe. I'm not a big fan of "sauceless" pasta. But this was easy to make and had a great flavor!

Good tip on the wheat pasta.

Shoot! I've been wanting to make this at home, but all I have is whole grain pasta, and I have enough of it (Buy it at Costco!) that I'm not rushing out to buy white pasta...plus white pasta wouldn't be something I would buy on a regular basis anyway, so this probably won't be a recipe for me.

bummer.

Thanks for the tip on the wheat pasta!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
Shoot! I've been wanting to make this at home, but all I have is whole grain pasta, and I have enough of it (Buy it at Costco!) that I'm not rushing out to buy white pasta...plus white pasta wouldn't be something I would buy on a regular basis anyway, so this probably won't be a recipe for me.

bummer.

You could maybe make a variation of it on the stove top... not the same WOW factor, but you don't need to wow yourself with the DCB in the micro, you already know that. I bet you could just make your WW pasta like you normally do and maybe do parts of the rest in the microwave... I bet you could make it work...

ChefPaulaB said:
You could maybe make a variation of it on the stove top... not the same WOW factor, but you don't need to wow yourself with the DCB in the micro, you already know that. I bet you could just make your WW pasta like you normally do and maybe do parts of the rest in the microwave... I bet you could make it work...
I was going to suggestanother idea. Sort of the same idea as the creamy one pot pasta or the BLT Mac & Cheese. It should work on the stove top, just make sure to stir it occasionally, and you might need more liquid. Now, you have got me thinking I want that for dinner tonight!

PamperChefCarol said:
I had tried this at a cluster meeting and it was awesome, so last night, even thought it was cold as all and windy to boot, I tossed on my coat and ran to Krogers for some penne pasta. Keep in mind that I only use whole wheat pasta and that was my mistake. Whole wheat pasta turns into something quite yucky in the microwave. It was so gummy/gucky that I had to toss the whole bowl out. And it wasn't that I microwaved it to long because it was still al dente, but tasted like gummy flour.
So morale of the story, don't use whole wheat penne in your microwave.
THANKS for the info on Whole Wheat Pasta. I wouldn't have even given it a thought. That's all I buy.

PamperChefCarol said:
I was going to suggestanother idea. Sort of the same idea as the creamy one pot pasta or the BLT Mac & Cheese. It should work on the stove top, just make sure to stir it occasionally, and you might need more liquid. Now, you have got me thinking I want that for dinner tonight!

I was going to try this on the stove top in the 12" skillet before I offer it as a recipe - just in case a host doesn't have a microwave big enought for the DCB.

So, now with the issue with the Whole Wheat Pasta, I am definitely going to try it on the stove.

kam said:
I was going to try this on the stove top in the 12" skillet before I offer it as a recipe - just in case a host doesn't have a microwave big enought for the DCB.

So, now with the issue with the Whole Wheat Pasta, I am definitely going to try it on the stove.

Hey Kathleen,

Looking forward to hear your results of stovetop method..

~G

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS RECIPE!!!! Made it for the first time this past week. I was darn near salivating the whole time it was cookings. Smelled so yummy!!!:blushing: Doing this one at ALL my march shows. I can't wait.

Ha - now I did it and used the whole wheat pasta and I had way to much liquid - (I guess I should have measured too.) Do you use a whole box of reg pasta etc -do you use different measurements for the chicken broth and wine - and do you think we could use veg stock and no chicken (maybe grilled shrimp?) and it would be ok for a Lent recipe??

PamperedDor said:
Ha - now I did it and used the whole wheat pasta and I had way to much liquid - (I guess I should have measured too.) Do you use a whole box of reg pasta etc -do you use different measurements for the chicken broth and wine - and do you think we could use veg stock and no chicken (maybe grilled shrimp?) and it would be ok for a Lent recipe??
My director is doing that exact thing this Friday at her show (funny - we just had the conversation about it a little while ago!). I'll have to check in with her and let you know how it goes!

I've done the Creamy One Pot Pasta with veg broth, and it was delicious! I don't see why you couldn't use it in this recipe.

Would any of you happen to have this recipe off hand? I need to fwd it to a hostess and I don't have it with me? I was thinking of making it next week!! It would be my first time...do you think I should try it at home first? Or is it pretty easy??

PCCHeather0506 said:
Would any of you happen to have this recipe off hand? I need to fwd it to a hostess and I don't have it with me? I was thinking of making it next week!! It would be my first time...do you think I should try it at home first? Or is it pretty easy??

It's on CC - under Season's Best recipes. Then you can email the recipe and shopping list to the host.

Did anyone email test kitchens about the wheat pasta issue? Maybe they would have a suggestion to make it work.

ChefBeckyD said:
It's on CC - under Season's Best recipes. Then you can email the recipe and shopping list to the host.

THANKS BECKY!!!! That's PERFECT!!

Oh my, oh my, oh my!!!! I just tried this tonight (no wine) and it was so oh-so-totally awesome!@!!!!!!@@@!!! I kept "mmmmmm-ing" the whole dinner!!!! My daughter loved it and hubby will have it late tonight when he gets home from work. But wow, what flavor - and how simple is this recipe!!! I did use our Italian Seasoning instead of just basil and when I grilled the chicken breasts, I used s/p and a little bit of the Asian for more flavor.

Did discover that your garlic needs to be fresh and not some that you've had for almost 2 weeks!!! The first few cloves I tried in the slicer kept getting "mushed", and then I scraped them out and got cloves from a new bulb I had just bought and it worked like a charm. This is so flavorful and yummy!!!!!

I loved this recipe as well. I sprayed the baker with our Basil Blend Canola oil in the Spritzer, too. Then, I decided to double the sauce part, so there'd be plenty....yum!!

Paula

I have yet to spray my baker with anything. I hate the spritzer and don't want to take the time with the silicone brush LOL I would probably do so for my parties this month but at home I never do. And I don't know about anyone else but rather than measuring the tomatoes I just use two packages of them. I find it hard to measure things like this since each tomato may be a different size or whatever. So I figure, eh, more tomatoes the better LOL I also add 1 tablespoon of the sun dried tomato herb dip :)

What are the ingredients in Chicken Penne Al Fresco?

The ingredients in Chicken Penne Al Fresco include penne pasta, chicken breast, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese.

How do you prepare Chicken Penne Al Fresco?

To prepare Chicken Penne Al Fresco, cook the penne pasta according to package instructions. Meanwhile, cook the chicken breast in a separate pan until fully cooked. In a saucepan, heat olive oil and sauté sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and garlic. Add the cooked penne pasta and chicken to the saucepan and toss to combine. Serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese.

Is Chicken Penne Al Fresco suitable for vegetarians?

No, Chicken Penne Al Fresco contains chicken breast and is not suitable for vegetarians.

What are the nutritional facts for Chicken Penne Al Fresco?

The nutritional facts for Chicken Penne Al Fresco vary depending on the specific ingredients and serving size. However, it is generally a good source of protein, carbohydrates, and fats. To get a more accurate nutritional breakdown, you can input the ingredients and serving size into a nutrition calculator.

Can I make Chicken Penne Al Fresco ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Chicken Penne Al Fresco ahead of time. Simply follow the preparation instructions and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Loveh20mi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Debbie.A.NOC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Fluffy215
  • legacypc46