• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About the Penne Al Fresco

In summary, decreasing the amount of liquid reduces the thickness of the sauce, while increasing the amount of liquid thickens the sauce. This recipe can be made with or without chicken.
missyciccolella
Ok, I looked through the posts and didn't really find an answer to this...I made this a while back but didn't add the chicken to the recipe. I thought it was fairly runny for a "sauce-less pasta". I followed the directions minus the chicken so my question is does the chicken really make that big of a difference or is there suppose to be liquid left in the DCB? On the other hand, I loved the liquid and thought it was perfect for bread! :love:
I have 2 shows this weekend both wanting this recipe...any other tips since I've never actually prepared this at a show? Thanks!

I made this "chicken-less" on Saturday and only used 2 1/2 c liquid total. It was perfect. Even when I make it with the chicken, I cut it down to 3 c liquid total. It's way too liquid-y otherwise.

Thanks...I guess I'm not alone in too much liquid.

I thought the first time it was a little liquid-y, but the next time I warmed up, the pasta had soaked up a tone of the liquid and the flavor was even better!!!! I actually even let mine sit for about 10-12 minutes the first time I made it (with chicken though) and it wasn't all that runny to me. However, I did use a full 1lb. of penne and 4 c. of broth - maybe that was the difference. Loved it, loved it, loved it!!

I use 4 cups of noodles and a little less liquid and it's great.

Oh thank goodness this has happen to others!!! I thought I did something wrong. I followed the directions except I used the add'l chicken broth instead of the wine. LOTS of juice in the DCB. I'm going to try your suggestions the next time.

Something that I learned last week when I made this for a show. The first time I made it I left out the wine and just used Broth, but for the show, I thought I'd actually follow the recipe! I went to the liquor store and told my friend that works there that I just needed about 3/4's of a cup of Chardonnay to cook with, and I didn't want any left over b/c I don't like to drink that kind. She came back with this tiny bottle of Sutter's Home, that was EXACTLY the right amount, and it only cost like $1.83!!!! And I do think it added a lot to the flavor of the dish. Thought I'd post this for those who shied away from the wine........

I noticed as it set more it soaked up more of the juice.

We had this at our meeting Friday - used the wine, used the full amount of liquid, used the full box of pasta (the gal hosting couldn't see keeping that little teeny bit that was left), and let it sit for about 10 minutes before we ate. It was juicy, but good. We also added sliced mushrooms instead of the chicken.

I also use the entire box of pasta and 4 cups of broth. Of courst, more chicken, tomato, basil and cheese make it even better!!!

I made this for a show last Saturday, which the host was anticipating 10 or more guests so I multiplied the recipe by 1-1/2. When I first made the increased recipe at home it was too soupy so I cut down the liquid by 1/2 cup at the show. Unfortunately my hosts microwave must have been much more powerful than mine and it boiled all over her microwave :eek: making quite the mess. But in the end everyone loved the pasta. We served it with slices of bruschetta and the Garlic Parmesan Dipping Seasoning in OO, and a simple salad and the guests had a wonderful meal.

1. What is Penne Al Fresco?

Penne Al Fresco is a delicious Italian dish made with penne pasta, fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic, and mozzarella cheese. It is typically served as a main course and is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.

2. How do you make Penne Al Fresco?

To make Penne Al Fresco, start by cooking the penne pasta according to package instructions. In a separate pan, sauté diced tomatoes, minced garlic, and chopped basil in olive oil. Once the tomatoes have softened, add the cooked pasta to the pan and mix together. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and let it melt before serving.

3. Is Penne Al Fresco a vegetarian dish?

Yes, Penne Al Fresco can be made as a vegetarian dish. Simply omit the mozzarella cheese or use a vegetarian-friendly alternative.

4. Can I add meat to Penne Al Fresco?

Yes, you can add meat to Penne Al Fresco if desired. Cooked chicken, shrimp, or Italian sausage are all great options to add protein to the dish.

5. Can I make Penne Al Fresco ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Penne Al Fresco ahead of time. Simply store the cooked pasta and tomato mixture separately and combine when ready to serve. You can also reheat leftovers in the microwave or on the stovetop.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Loveh20mi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • legacypc46
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
elizabethfox
  • Debbie.A.NOC