• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Redesigned Product... Do You Take the Old?

so there is no need to waste time grating. Secondly, we have a variety of graters that make the job a breeze. I have a mini batter bowl that I take with me to grating events and it's perfect for small batches. I also have the larger grater that I use for larger batches. We also have a quik-stir pitcher which is a great option for those with limited storage space. Finally, if transport is a concern, we have a variety of containers that are perfect for transporting the grated cheese.
pckellyd
Gold Member
If you have the old style of a product to you still take it to a show for demo purposes? I'm making the Quiche Lorraine Tartlets for a show tomorrow and just discovered that I do not like the mandolin for grating cheese... can I take the old style rotary grater?

I wouldn't talk a product that they can't buy.

On a side note, I hate grating cheese in front of people, I just do it before the show. Just personal preference.

I agree with Holly never take a product they cannot buy. I too like to grate cheese ahead of time, just because it can be difficult depending on the circumstances.

I take it b/c I do not always buy the new product. I have started only buying if I know I will use it in my own kitche. Mostly if I don't earn it or host my own show to get it for free, I don't get it.

If they ask about it, I tell them how PC improved on it and why.

When they changed the EAD I continued to take the old one but I commented on how they had improved it - some people wondered why I wouldn't get the new one. I was taken aback by that comment. I brushed it off but had to admit that we should be showing what they are buying. I still use the old cheese grater at my home but I take the new one to parties.

I have earned all the new products now for several many seasons and I do talk about the old ones, saying if you already have the old style there's nothing wrong with the old style but PC is constantly looking for ways to make our products even better and they listen to what we say would be better.

The only cheese I ever grate at shows is Parmesan.

Everything else, I just tell my host to get the pre-grated.:eek: OR I sometimes offer to bring the cheese.

In reality, most hosts aren't going to grate other cheeses much anyway. Here, at least, it's just as cheap to buy the pre-grated. I buy my cheese pre-grated at Costco for $9.97 per 5 lbs, and bag it into ziploc freezer bags. It's about $1 per 2 cup bag....(same size bag that the grocery stores sell for $2-$4 per bag.)

I don't like grating any of the soft cheeses with our mandolin. It works better with our Deluxe Cheese grater (the newer version, not the older), but even that can be messy in my opinion. So yes, I'd probably grate it ahead of time or buy already shredded (depending on cost). The harder cheeses, like Cheddar, and of course parmesan/romano, the graters work great. I personally still like my trusty box-grater for the soft cheeses. I waste less (doesn't get all gummed up in the PC graters). And I know you can put it in the freezer for an hour before grating, but I forget! :)

I wouldn't take the old style grater because I think it is better than the new grater. I would hate to sell someone something and have them disappointed, which can happen even if you explain the differences. Obviously I don't say "gee, I think they screwed this up when they changed it" although I will tell someone if they ask which I prefer. Honesty gets me loyal customers who aren't afraid I'm just out to sell them something.

ChefBeckyD said:
The only cheese I ever grate at shows is Parmesan.....
Ditto that! I do not like the mandolin for grating cheese and I'm not overly fond of the the new grater either - unless it's parmesan. At home, I use my trusty box grater!

I tell people I don't recommend the mandolin for grating! I give them other options to use the grater blade such as carrots and potatoes.I have brought items that are really similar like the quik-stir pitcher that was only cosmetically changed, I would never take something as different as the grater.

It's a great opportunity for you to do the grating at home, and take it in one of our
prep bowls. If that is not big enough, take the small batter bowl and talk about how
handy it is to do the grating into, and then for storage, and transport.

WOW. We have so many choices of graters to prepare anything. If you love your box grater at home that's fine but I wouldn't grate at home for a show just to avoid using our products. First of all, in most cases the host is providing the ingredients. I would suggest that you or the host pregrate most or all of the cheese before the guest arrives as part of your set up. Tell the host you're a messy grater and/or that you want to save on the demo time.

Personally I want them to see how the product works but I do prep as much as I can as soon as I get to the house just leaving a little to show them.

Regarding cheese grating .... I will grate cheese with the mandoline WITH THE GUARD OFF. This is because the grater blade does not "engage" when the guard passes over it like the other blades. When I get to about 1/4 of the cheese left in the block, it's generally time to stop.

Regarding other products ... I do not plan to get a new garlic press, for example. The only thing that has changed is the tool that snaps into the handle instead of the top. Looks identical except for the "Barbie Brush." I also don't mind taking older style cut and slice or crinkle cutters, since all that's changed is the handle.

ChefBeckyD said:
The only cheese I ever grate at shows is Parmesan.

Everything else, I just tell my host to get the pre-grated.:eek: OR I sometimes offer to bring the cheese.

In reality, most hosts aren't going to grate other cheeses much anyway. Here, at least, it's just as cheap to buy the pre-grated. I buy my cheese pre-grated at Costco for $9.97 per 5 lbs, and bag it into ziploc freezer bags. It's about $1 per 2 cup bag....(same size bag that the grocery stores sell for $2-$4 per bag.)

Thanks for the tip! I love the way you think, Becky!

Di_Can_Cook said:
Regarding cheese grating .... I will grate cheese with the mandoline WITH THE GUARD OFF. This is because the grater blade does not "engage" when the guard passes over it like the other blades. When I get to about 1/4 of the cheese left in the block, it's generally time to stop.

Regarding other products ... I do not plan to get a new garlic press, for example. The only thing that has changed is the tool that snaps into the handle instead of the top. Looks identical except for the "Barbie Brush." I also don't mind taking older style cut and slice or crinkle cutters, since all that's changed is the handle.

I totally agree. If it's just a simple change you can tell them or let it pass - they won't remember the difference when theirs comes. I do take the new of those too but that's because I have earned them. I would probably not buy those items if I had to pay for them since they are so close.

Never take discontinued products, just like you would never take something that was not Pampered Chef. I love the mandoline. I sell a lot of them, but I would never buy it for the sole purpose of grating cheese, but it nice that it has a grating feature so you do not have to use another kitchen gadget to finish your recipe. Therefore it is a time saver because you only have one item to clean up instead of two. I agree with everyone here to pregrate most of the cheese before the demo, but leave some so you can show the guests grating options. Once you finished grating you can show all the other wonder aspects of the mandoline. Use the grating of the cheese as a segue to sell the mandoline. It is about showing/selling products, not about making the recipe.

Di_Can_Cook said:
Regarding other products ... I do not plan to get a new garlic press, for example. The only thing that has changed is the tool that snaps into the handle instead of the top. Looks identical except for the "Barbie Brush."

Same here. I just got mine with my kit in December, and it is silly to buy a new one just to show. I do not even show it with the gray thingy attached anyway. Still works the same to me.

Whether I take the old or new is dependent on a couple of things: whether I have the new one, and how big a change it was. I wouldn't take the USG instead of the Mandoline. But I have been known to take the old style Mini Serving Spatula when I can't find my new one in the drawer. The handle change is so small and doesn't affect the performance of the product.

chefann said:
Whether I take the old or new is dependent on a couple of things: whether I have the new one, and how big a change it was. I wouldn't take the USG instead of the Mandoline. But I have been known to take the old style Mini Serving Spatula when I can't find my new one in the drawer. The handle change is so small and doesn't affect the performance of the product.

And most of the time, no one is going to notice the difference of a change in a handle.

I've taken my old style mini spatula for the same reason as Ann.:rolleyes: But when something is notably different, I won't take it.
I even had an issue with something I bought from the outlet, and used as a guest prize. Several people at the show wanted to know where it was in the catalog, but the restyled version was so different they were all disappointed that they couldn't get the older version any more. (it was the kitchen shears - I could understand their disappointment!)

What is the redesigned product and do you accept returns of the old version?

The redesigned product refers to an updated version of an existing Pampered Chef product. We do accept returns of the old version within our return policy guidelines.

Will I receive a full refund for my old product when I purchase the redesigned version?

Yes, we offer a full refund for the old product when purchasing the redesigned version. Please refer to our return policy for more information.

Can I exchange my old product for the redesigned version?

Unfortunately, we do not offer exchanges for old products to be replaced with the redesigned version. However, you can return your old product and purchase the redesigned version separately.

Is there a time limit for returning my old product and purchasing the redesigned version?

Our return policy allows for returns of products within 30 days of purchase. However, we do recommend contacting our customer service team to discuss any specific situations or concerns.

Will the redesigned product have the same warranty as the old version?

Yes, the redesigned product will have the same warranty as the old version. We stand by the quality of our products and offer a full warranty for any defects or issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedSD
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
bgchef
  • kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
  • DebPC