1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Recipe request - chicken & broccoli braid

1. Hi

When I attended my first PC show, the recipe that the consultant made was a "Chicken/Broccoli Braid/Wreath" and the "Death by Chocolate Chocolate Cake" - 2 of which were fantastic.

Do any seasoned PC consultants here have those recipes? I would love to make them at one of my future shows although I know we have plenty of new ones.

Nov 4, 2005
  2. chefmary

chefmary Member Gold Member

Here's the Chicken and Broccoli Braid... a perennial favorite! If anyone else has the Death By Chocolate Cake, I'd love to see that one, too. It's sounds like it's right up my alley :D !

Chicken & Broccoli Braid

12 oz cooked chicken
    1 cup broccoli, chopped
    1/2 cup red bell pepper
    1 garlic clove
    4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, about 1 cup
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    2 tsp Pampered Chef All-Purpose Dill Mix
    1/4 tsp salt
    2 packages (8 oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
    1 egg white, lightly beaten (optional)
    2 tbsp silvered almonds (optional)

Preheat oven to 375F.

1. Chop chicken and broccoli using Food Chopper. Place in
    Classic Batter Bowl. Chop bell pepper using 5" Utility Knife, add to batter bowl. Press garlic over vegetable mixture using Garlic Press. Shred cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater and add to vegetable mixture. Mix gently. Add mayo , dill mix and salt. Mix well using Mix N Scraper.
    2. nroll 1 package of crescent dough - do not separate. Arrange longest side of dough across width 12 x 15 rectangle baking stone repeat with the remaining package of dough.
    3. Using Bakers Roller, roll dough to seal perforations. On longest side of baking stone, CUT dough into stripes 1- 1/2 in apart 3 in deep using pizza cutter (there will be 6 inches in the center for the filling) Spread filling evenly over middle of dough. To braid, lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip on turn. Continue alternating strips to form a braid . Tuck ends under to seal at end of braid.
    4. Brush egg white over dough using pastry brush. Sprinkle with almonds. BAKE 25 - 28 mins or until deep golden brown. Cut and serve using Slice N Serve.

Nov 4, 2005
Have something to add?