• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Need a Broccoli Salad Recipe

In summary, this recipe is easy to follow, but can be simplified by leaving out some of the ingredients. The recipe also tastes great with fresh cooked bacon added.
kam
Staff member
I am looking for a broccoli salad recipe - preferrably on the "plain" side. I have never made broccoli salad - how much of a pain is it?

Here is a recipe I have from a neighbor. For those who make broccoli salad, how does this recipe look? Could I halve it by not adding cauliflower?

1 head cauliflower
1 bunch broccoli
1 bag shredded cheddar
1 jar Hormel bacon

Dressing:
2 cups mayo
1 cup sugar
5 Tblsp vinegar

Pour dressing over veggies, add cheese right before serving.

Last edited:
This is one of my favites and tastes better the longer it sits...
Ingredients
5 cups fresh chopped broccoli
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped red onion
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons vinegar
1 cup mayonnaise
10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 cup sunflower kernels
Directions
1.In a large bowl, combine broccoli, raisins and onion. In a small bowl, combine sugar, vinegar and mayonnaise. Pour over broccoli; toss to coat. Refrigerate. Just before serving, sprinkle with bacon and sunflower seeds; toss

The second recipe is the same one we use. The one you have makes ALOT of dressing and would be pretty sweet with all that sugar. You can substitute the pre-cooked bacon bits to make it faster.

You cant go wrong with that one.

My recipe is pretty much like Linda's, but I don't use raisins or sunflower seeds.

Mine is like Linda's except for the dressing...I mix 1 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 2 T. white vinegar the night before. Refrigerate overnight. Add to other ingredients 2 hours before serving. We also add dried cranberries and use the precooked bacon in the small bag from the salad dressing aisle. It's yummy!!!

A really simple recipe I like uses broccoli, red onion, bacon, cheddar cheese, and coleslaw dressing. I generally add a bit of sugar to temper the sharpness of the dressing -- that of course depends on what brand of dressing it is.

Precooked bacon can be purchased and makes this really quick. However, cooking it would be a great way to feature the small ridged baker.

When I make this for our family I just eyeball the quantities for the ingredients so I'm not much help there.

otisbg said:
This is one of my favites and tastes better the longer it sits...
Ingredients
5 cups fresh chopped broccoli
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped red onion
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons vinegar
1 cup mayonnaise
10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 cup sunflower kernels
Directions
1.In a large bowl, combine broccoli, raisins and onion. In a small bowl, combine sugar, vinegar and mayonnaise. Pour over broccoli; toss to coat. Refrigerate. Just before serving, sprinkle with bacon and sunflower seeds; toss

Thank you Linda for the recipe. It helps to have a specific qty for the broccoli. And thanks to the others for confirming Linda's recipe.

I am going to try it!! But, I am also going to leave out the sunflower kernels and the raisins. And I am going to add some finely shredded cheddar cheese.

I feel much more confident about this now.
THANKS AGAIN!!

ChefBevShu said:
Mine is like Linda's except for the dressing...I mix 1 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 2 T. white vinegar the night before. Refrigerate overnight. Add to other ingredients 2 hours before serving. We also add dried cranberries and use the precooked bacon in the small bag from the salad dressing aisle. It's yummy!!!

The cranberries sound really good. I think I will try it without them this time, but next time I wll put them in. I like dried cranberries better than raisins.

TrudysOwn said:
A really simple recipe I like uses broccoli, red onion, bacon, cheddar cheese, and coleslaw dressing. I generally add a bit of sugar to temper the sharpness of the dressing -- that of course depends on what brand of dressing it is.

Precooked bacon can be purchased and makes this really quick. However, cooking it would be a great way to feature the small ridged baker.

When I make this for our family I just eyeball the quantities for the ingredients so I'm not much help there.

I am going to use fresh cooked bacon - yes - it is SO easy to do now with the Small Ridged Baker.

Hi there! I'm happy to help with your broccoli salad recipe. This recipe looks great and it's always a good idea to make adjustments according to your personal preferences. If you don't want to add cauliflower, you can definitely leave it out or substitute with another vegetable like carrots or bell peppers. As for the difficulty level, making broccoli salad is actually quite easy and doesn't require a lot of time or effort. Just make sure to chop the broccoli and cauliflower into small bite-sized pieces and mix everything together with the dressing. It's a delicious and healthy side dish that everyone will love. Let me know if you have any other questions! Happy cooking!

1. Can you recommend a simple and quick broccoli salad recipe?

Yes, our Broccoli Grape Salad is a delicious and easy recipe that can be made in just 15 minutes. It only requires 5 ingredients and is perfect for potlucks or as a side dish for weeknight dinners.

2. I am looking for a healthy broccoli salad recipe. Do you have any suggestions?

Absolutely! Our Broccoli Salad with Greek Yogurt Dressing is a healthier take on the classic recipe. The dressing is made with Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise, making it lower in calories and fat, but still packed with flavor.

3. Can I make a broccoli salad without using mayonnaise?

Yes, you can substitute mayonnaise with a variety of ingredients such as Greek yogurt, sour cream, or even avocado. Our Broccoli Salad with Avocado Dressing is a delicious option for those looking for a mayo-free recipe.

4. I want to make a broccoli salad with a twist. Any suggestions?

For a unique spin on the traditional broccoli salad, try our Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Cranberries. The addition of crispy bacon and sweet dried cranberries adds a savory and tangy flavor to the dish.

5. Can I make a broccoli salad ahead of time?

Yes, broccoli salad can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Just be sure to add any delicate ingredients, such as nuts or bacon, right before serving to maintain their crunchiness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kristina16marie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • jrstephens
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies