• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Realizing How Much We Miss the Things We Love

In summary, Rae was happy to have Chef Success back online, but was disappointed that she couldn't access it for a day because of her withdrawals. She also missed her fellow cheffers. Carolyn, Jennifer, and Cathy called her and Rae was excited to talk to them. Rae was also happy to hear that Chef Success was back online.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
So happy to have CS back...
it's amazing how you realize how much you adore something...when you can't have it for an entire day.
::::scratching head:::::::
maybe I should leave DH for a day so he realizes how much he'd miss me!

dannyzmom said:
So happy to have Chef Success back...
it's amazing how you realize how much you adore something...when you can't have it for an entire day.
::::scratching head:::::::
maybe I should leave DH for a day so he realizes how much he'd miss me!

I tried leaving mine for a week end, when I came home I said Did you miss me? He said...were you gone!!!!:eek: :grumpy: ;)

OMG!!! I was freaking out!!! What happened????:eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm just glad to know it wasn't me alone.

I missed all of my cheffers too! My CS withdrawls were bad - didn't realize that I would miss you all so much. Thank goodness I had saved some of your email addresses - I'm starting a new addressbook in my Outlook just for cheffers!

It was really nice talking to Carolyn, Jennifer and Cathy on the phone!

raebates said:
I'm just glad to know it wasn't me alone.
Rae, you are a Cheffer, we have a special bond - you are never alone! :love:

I must have hit refresh a million times yesterday just hoping the site would come back !

Oh my gosh it was killing me yesterday. I am soooo glad you are all back.

OMG I was dying. Ok, not really, but close!

We are so SLOW at work right now so I was bored all day yesterday and had to actually go do physical labor (not used to doing that - my shoulder is completely sore today). I thought they finally kicked me off of here at work until it didn't work at home too!

Oh man I know! I tried to get on here several times; thought I was missing some good chatting!

pamperedlinda said:
Rae, you are a Cheffer, we have a special bond - you are never alone! :love:

Awwww, gee, thanks. :love:

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad it's back up!! I was already upset because I couldn't go to Leadership then not being able to access CS was terrible!!

I missed everyone!!

I think the shakes from my withdrawals are starting to subside!!!!!! It is so good to be back with all my fellow cheffers!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad Chef Success is back!!! I don't post a lot but I am here everyday! :chef:

I wanted to get a few things off of here for my show last night, I was so bummed!!

pattikake said:
I must have hit refresh a million times yesterday just hoping the site would come back !
Lookit that - a noob with only 18 posts has a jones as bad as the rest of us.

I was freaking out yesterday knowing that new announcements were being made at Leadership, and our "sources" weren't able to give us the scoop!

Yep, ChefAnn called me about 4:30 with info, but except for a few email addresses I had on file (I had started a list, but didn't have it finished) I couldn't get on to give the rest of you the info....I knew you must be dying to know!

by the time I got back on this morning, it had all been posted....:rolleyes:

Yesterday was a hard day! I realized how much I rely on CS, not just for the friendships - but also for all of the info. More than once I needed something, and realized that it was a file on CS, and I couldn't get to it!:grumpy:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Lookit that - a noob with only 18 posts has a jones as bad as the rest of us.

Which goes to show how immediately addictive this site is.....

C'mon, try it.....one little taste isn't going to hurt.....

Addicted is such an ugly word. How about "head-over-heels in love with"?

Last edited:
I'm not addicted. I can walk away any time.
Not.

LOL, is acceptance the first step?:p

Oh my gosh, I must have refreshed 53million times yesterday. Of all of the flippin days of the year for it to be down!!!!!Oh, well. I'm glad we're back up and together. :)

straitfan said:
I was freaking out yesterday knowing that new announcements were being made at Leadership, and our "sources" weren't able to give us the scoop!

That's what made it SO MUCH worse than a normal day.

Glad to be back with all of you!

I, too, am glad to know that I wasn't the only one having problems with the site. I was so excited to get my internet back last night and then to not be able to log on.

Yeah, I'm like you guys - totally freaking out when the site wasn't loading. I ended up doing a google search for chefann's blog and posting a comment to see if she could get in touch that way. My thought was that maybe HO forced the site to be down? Or maybe not.

Leigh0725 said:
Yeah, I'm like you guys - totally freaking out when the site wasn't loading. I ended up doing a google search for chefann's blog and posting a comment to see if she could get in touch that way. My thought was that maybe HO forced the site to be down? Or maybe not.

I'm pretty sure HO doesn't have that power. I think the server just crashed and it took a while to get it back up. Possibly Greg didn't know about it for a while....

I joked with some other Cheffers yesterday about it being on purpose - but I don't believe that it was. But of all the days for the server to crash!

wadesgirl said:
We are so SLOW at work right now so I was bored all day yesterday and had to actually go do physical labor (not used to doing that - my shoulder is completely sore today). I thought they finally kicked me off of here at work until it didn't work at home too!

LOL!! Me too! I was getting a little panicky, but gald to see all is back to normal now and I can check in from work! ;)

TPC has absolutely no control over this site and has no ability to shut it down.Unless the US Constitution went away yesterday, too.

Leigh0725 said:

After I spent all day obsessively checking, refreshing, restarting, and suffering withdrawals from this site....DH came home and asked me about the leadership announcements. After bemoaning the loss of my new favorite site (addicted newbie here), I told him how many Cheffers have the theory that some HO people troll the site...so perhaps they had shut the site down during leadership...only theory that made sense to me!

First thing I did this morning when I got up? Check the site! :D I was soooo happy to have it back. Several times last night once DD was in bed and I was organizing my office and doing stuff for my shows, I kept thinking...I need to go to c.s. to see this flyer, or research this info, or ask this question...only to remember...there was no c.s. :cry:

Yeah - back to reading, chatting, and enjoying all of you guys! I may not post a ton, but I really do enjoy this site! :D :love: :D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
TPC has absolutely no control over this site and has no ability to shut it down.

Unless the US Constitution went away yesterday, too.

I didn't think they had the power...but thought maybe they had approached Greg and Deb and asked...

Soooo glad it was just a server crash or something simple like that! I'm dying to know the trip I'm trying to earn!!! :D

ChefJoyJ said:
After I spent all day obsessively checking, refreshing, restarting, and suffering withdrawals from this site....DH came home and asked me about the leadership announcements. After bemoaning the loss of my new favorite site (addicted newbie here), I told him how many Cheffers have the theory that some HO people troll the site...so perhaps they had shut the site down during leadership...only theory that made sense to me!

First thing I did this morning when I got up? Check the site! :D I was soooo happy to have it back. Several times last night once DD was in bed and I was organizing my office and doing stuff for my shows, I kept thinking...I need to go to c.s. to see this flyer, or research this info, or ask this question...only to remember...there was no c.s. :cry:

Yeah - back to reading, chatting, and enjoying all of you guys! I may not post a ton, but I really do enjoy this site! :D :love: :D

That part is not a theory, it is true. Many HO staff have user-ids, some in the Solution Center, pretty much all the techies and a few others.

About them shutting it down, that is false...just a coincidence of technical difficulties... I'd be more inclined to believe it crashed from overload... :rolleyes:

janetupnorth said:
That part is not a theory, it is true. Many HO staff have user-ids, some in the Solution Center, pretty much all the techies and a few others.

About them shutting it down, that is false...just a coincidence of technical difficulties... I'd be more inclined to believe it crashed from overload... :rolleyes:

Overload? We wouldn't do that!! hehe..... ;)

I too was freaking out all day. My husband came home and found it all quite amuzing. So, this morning my daughter was a couple minutes late to school b/c I was trying to read the posts abt the new products.

Glad to talk to you all again!!

Wow this day is better all ready. I am new here and didn't realize how "addicted" I was.....I LOVE to sit are read all the threads..... Glad you are all back in my life today!!!!!

Happy Friday! :sing:

Related to Realizing How Much We Miss the Things We Love

1. Why do we miss things we love so much?

It's human nature to appreciate and value the things that bring us joy and happiness. When we are unable to have those things, we realize just how much they mean to us.

2. How can we show our appreciation for the things we love?

One way is to take a step back and reflect on how much they mean to us. We can also express our gratitude and make time for them in our lives.

3. Why do we sometimes take things we love for granted?

In the hustle and bustle of daily life, it's easy to overlook the things that bring us joy. We may become accustomed to having them and forget to show our appreciation.

4. What can we do to prevent taking things for granted?

We can make a conscious effort to be mindful and grateful for the things we love. We can also make an effort to regularly incorporate them into our lives.

5. Is it necessary to be without something to realize how much we love it?

No, it's not necessary. However, sometimes being without something can give us a new perspective and make us appreciate it even more when we have it again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lauradahl
  • susanr613
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • NooraK