• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theLonger I Live, the More I Realize the Impact of Attitude on

In summary, it is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. Our attitude is in charge of our success or failure. We can choose to be happy or unhappy, but our attitude will always be a determining factor.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude is more important than the facts.

It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do.

It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home. (a business)

The remarkable thing is,

we have a choice everyday

regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.

We cannot change our past ... we cannot change the inevitable.

The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have,

and that is our attitude.

I am convinced that life is

10% what happens to me and

90% how I react to it.

And, so it is with you ...

We are in charge of our attitudes.

-- Chuck Swindoll

Re: AttitudeThat is great and very appropriate for things going on in my life right now.

Re: AttitudeIt seems to always be appropriate for me. :) It's one of my all time favorite quotes.

Re: AttitudeI love this!!!!! He is such an awesome motivator and writer, and is great with helping me keep life in perspective. Thanks for the reminder.

Re: AttitudeEvery time it comes up, the timing is just right for me. I should just print it up and put it over my desk. Thanks for sharing.

Re: Attitude
BlueMoon said:
Every time it comes up, the timing is just right for me. I should just print it up and put it over my desk. Thanks for sharing.

My director gave me this quote back when I first started with PC - I put it over my desk, and it's been there ever since.

Re: AttitudeOne of our associate pastors used to quote this before most of our Bible studies. Good reminder.

Re: AttitudeFrom this moment forward, I will accept responsibility for my past. I understand that the beginning of wisdom is to accept the responsibility for my own problems and that by accepting responsibility for my past, I free myself to move into a bigger, brighter future of my own choosing.Never again will I blame my parents, my spouse, my boss, or employees for my present situation.
Neither my education or lack of one, my genetics, or the circumstantial ebb and flow of everyday life will affect my future in a negative way. If I allow myself to blame these uncontrollable forces for my lack of success, I will be forever caught in a web of the past. I will look forward. I will not let my history control my destiny.The buck stops here. I accept responsibility for my past. I am responsible for my success. I am where I am today—mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, and financially—because of
decisions I have made. My decisions have always been governed by my thinking. Therefore, I am where I am today—mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, and financially—because of how
I think. Today I will begin the process of changing where I am—mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, and financially—by changing the way I think.My thoughts will be constructive, never destructive. My mind will live in the solutions of the
future. It will not dwell in the problems of the past. I will seek the association of those who are working and striving to bring about positive changes in the world. I will never seek comfort by
associating with those who have decided to be comfortable.When faced with the opportunity to make a decision, I will make one. I understand that God did not put in me the ability to always make right decisions. He did, however, put in me the ability to make a decision and then make it right. The rise and fall of my emotional tide will not deter me from my course. When I make a decision, I will stand behind it. My energy will go into making the decision. I will waste none on second thoughts. My life will not be an apology. It will be a statement.The buck stops here. I control my thoughts. I control my emotions.
In the future, when I am tempted to ask the question “Why me?”, I will immediately counter with
the answer: “Why not me?” Challenges are a gift, an opportunity to learn. Problems are the common thread running through the lives of great men and women. In times of adversity, I will not have a problem to deal with, I will have a choice to make.
My thoughts will be clear. I will make the right choice. Adversity is preparation for greatness. I will accept the preparation. Why me?
Why not me? I will be prepared for something great!I accept responsibility for my past. I control my thoughts. I control my emotions. I am responsible for my success.
The buck stops here.~Andy Andrews

Re: AttitudeOoh, that's good, too. Thanks, Kacey.

Re: AttitudeBecky, Rae!!!
I need a road trip to the east - I need a double dose of attitude adjustment and you two always seem to be the ones who get on my case the most! Although I know a little lady in Georgia who would willingly kick my attitude into shape too! Thanks for posting this Becky and Rae thanks for adding to it. I really need to stop feeling sorry for myself and do something about it. Heck, I did better when I got sick and was thinking I would loose my leg! Losing a job should have been easy to deal with since I have PC to fall back on. the only problem is that I have been listening to all the little voices in my head that keep telling me I need a "real" job. "Sybil dear, you do not have to let them do that to you!". Make them stop!!!

pampered1224 said:
Becky, Rae!!!
I need a road trip to the east - I need a double dose of attitude adjustment and you two always seem to be the ones who get on my case the most! Although I know a little lady in Georgia who would willingly kick my attitude into shape too! Thanks for posting this Becky and Rae thanks for adding to it. I really need to stop feeling sorry for myself and do something about it. Heck, I did better when I got sick and was thinking I would loose my leg! Losing a job should have been easy to deal with since I have PC to fall back on. the only problem is that I have been listening to all the little voices in my head that keep telling me I need a "real" job. "Sybil dear, you do not have to let them do that to you!". Make them stop!!!

John...you (and possibly your voices in your head!:D) always make me laugh!

I'll be praying for you friend, that God will show you a clear path of direction!

Re: AttitudeThanks Becky and say it about 10 more times because I think I found a couple of more!

Re: AttitudeJohn, I enjoy you so much. And, I'm glad I had a chance to meet you at NC. I know you can do this. I know you can make a change to those voices in your head. How do I know? I've battled them myself and won. The key? Every time you hear those voices talk back to them. Decide now what you'll say. Counter their lies and half-truths with what's really true. You can do this. And, when you need a kick in the tush you know where to find us. ;)

Re: AttitudeCool thanks Rae. I never realized just how much our pasts can really screw up our future! I was raised to get a good job, do it to the best of your ability and as long as someone else is telling you what to do, you will be happy! I realized about 6 months ago that I have NOT BEEN HAPPY DOING COMPUTER WORK and that I have only been going through the motions! IT SUCKS!!!!! I love doing PC but those dang voices keep bringing up that old crap and make me scared to death to try to make PC work! You know the ones, Oh direct Sales, you have to depend on you to make a living, that won't happen you are not capable of doing it, people think it is too expensive, no one will buy it, it is too hard to get bookings, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. I've decided that "blah" is a form of swear word! So as of today, I am going to try to control those little voices in my head. I have Gary Coxe's book, "Don't let others rent space in your head". I need a reread. It worked for a bit when I first read it but then I settled back into my old ways because I had a comfortable full time job. Now I NEED IT more than ever so I have to find it and get reading and booking and selling. If not, I may just have to take that trip to Indiana and Michigan and just knock on your doors and bend over!

Re: AttitudeEven after years and years of choosing more positive thoughts that ugly voice is always ready to take up residence again. The good news is that I recognize it faster and am better at beating it back than in the past.

Re: AttitudeYa got that "beatin back" stick handy?

Re: AttitudeKaycey stopped by? Gosh. I feel so special!

pampered1224 said:
Ya got that "beatin back" stick handy?

It starts with simply saying out loud, "Shut up!" whenever those thoughts enter. The added bonus is that anyone near you when you do this thinks you're crazy and leaves you alone.

What is the meaning behind the quote "The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on"?

The quote means that as a person grows older and gains more life experience, they come to understand the significant influence that their attitude has on their life and the lives of those around them.

How does attitude affect our daily lives?

Attitude can greatly impact our daily lives as it influences our thoughts, emotions, and behaviors. A positive attitude can lead to better relationships, improved mental and physical health, and increased success and happiness.

Can attitude be changed?

Yes, attitude can be changed. While it may not be easy, with effort and determination, a person can work on shifting their attitude from negative to positive. This can involve practicing gratitude, reframing negative thoughts, and surrounding oneself with positive influences.

What are some benefits of having a positive attitude?

Having a positive attitude can lead to improved relationships, better problem-solving skills, increased resilience, and overall better mental and physical health. It can also attract more positive experiences and opportunities into one's life.

How can I maintain a positive attitude?

Maintaining a positive attitude involves practicing self-care, surrounding oneself with positive influences, finding joy in small things, and learning to let go of negative thoughts and emotions. It is also helpful to set realistic goals and focus on progress rather than perfection.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
lacychef
Replies
Views
lacychef
Replies
Views