• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Attitude: The Key to Success and Happiness - Charles Swindoll Quote

In summary, the conversation is about a quote on attitude by Charles Swindoll that the speaker had seen in church. The quote emphasizes the importance of attitude in life and how it can make or break a person's experiences. The speaker then shares their personal connection to the quote and how they plan to share it with others.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I know there was a thread on hear about fav. quotes - but for some reason can't find it. Anyway, here is a quote that I had forgotten about, but yesterday in church, my pastor had a laminated card for everyone with this quote on it - and I love it!

ATTITUDE
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than acts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. IT is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church....a home......
The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past....we cannot change the fact that people will act a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. the only thing we can do is play on that one string we have, and that is our attitude....I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you.....We are in charge of our attitudes."

- Charles Swindoll

I have always loved that quote since being a child - of course I've always liked Chuck Swindoll too!

Funny thing today too...as I was driving to work feeling absolutely icky...I have an interview at 10 and fly to MI at about 4:30...and am not feeling up to leaving my kids and doing either, I was still smiling on the way to work for some reason...

...then as I'm passing people, I realize that 90% of the people I pass in vehicles are all frowning today...dreading going to work or whatever...how sad that most of society is miserable on a Monday morning.

I'm a big Swindoll fan too........and I think this quote is so appropriate for every area of our lives! I am going to send a laminated copy to all my recruits from now on!

What exactly does the quote by Charles Swindoll mean?

The quote by Charles Swindoll, "Attitude: The Key to Success and Happiness" means that having a positive attitude is crucial for achieving success and finding happiness in life. Our attitude towards situations and challenges can greatly impact the outcomes and our overall satisfaction with life.

Why is having a positive attitude important?

Having a positive attitude can greatly improve our mental and emotional well-being. It allows us to focus on the good in our lives and find solutions to problems instead of dwelling on negative thoughts and feelings. A positive attitude can also attract positive outcomes and opportunities.

How can I maintain a positive attitude?

Maintaining a positive attitude requires self-awareness, acceptance, and a willingness to change negative thought patterns. It also involves surrounding yourself with positive influences, practicing gratitude and mindfulness, and finding joy in everyday moments.

Can having a positive attitude really lead to success and happiness?

Yes, having a positive attitude can greatly contribute to success and happiness. Studies have shown that individuals with a positive mindset are more likely to achieve their goals, have better relationships, and experience greater overall satisfaction in life.

What are some practical ways to improve my attitude?

There are many ways to improve your attitude, such as practicing positive self-talk, setting realistic goals, taking care of your physical and emotional health, and surrounding yourself with supportive and positive people. Additionally, finding activities and hobbies that bring you joy and purpose can also help improve your attitude.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg