• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Random Thoughts: A Fun Thread for Sharing Your Musings

In summary, the conversation discusses both hate and love, random thoughts, how to avoid making mistakes while calling, and how to deal with aggressive drivers.
Not so random thought: July babies are the best! ;)

janetupnorth said:
Not so random thought: July babies are the best! ;)

You tell 'em girl!! ;)

Especially those born on the 29th!!

i'm upset my college football team lost!! :(

Oooooh - a place where people will appreciate random thoughts!! When I say my random thoughts out loud to DH, he thinks I'm a lovable lunatic!

All brands of golf balls, except one, have even-numbered dimples on them, usually 300 - 500.

KellyTheChef said:
You tell 'em girl!! ;)

Especially those born on the 29th!!

And the 22nd! :D

pampcheflisa said:
His b-day is May 24, he's a Gemini and a TRUE one!! Gemini is known as the twins and it's true, he can be like two separate people. Of course, I get the brunt of all his bad behavior, for others, he can be an angel.

On the other hand - MY b-day is July 23 :D

I can't help but love football, I grew up in Football country and was a cheerleader all through elementary/Junior High/and HS!!

I'm a Gemini too, so I know exactly what you're talking about, and I'm sure my DH would sympathize with you! LOL

Cool about the birthday! In labour another 6 hours or so and she would have been born on your birthday! ;)

Lucky you...I always wanted to be a cheerleader, but it's not as big in Canada as it it in the States...not on PEI, anyway!!

Random Thought: Why does my DH have to make us late to EVERYTHING we do. It drives me crazy!!:grumpy: You would think after almost 17 years of marrage I would be used to it. I hate being late for things I will say we have to leave in 1 hour so do what you have to do and lets go. It does not matter we are always late.

When I go places without him I am never late, most days he is late for work and he works 1 mile from home. I don't get it!!!

Chef Michelle D said:
Random Thought: Why does my DH have to make us late to EVERYTHING we do. It drives me crazy!!:grumpy: You would think after almost 17 years of marrage I would be used to it. I hate being late for things I will say we have to leave in 1 hour so do what you have to do and lets go. It does not matter we are always late.

When I go places without him I am never late, most days he is late for work and he works 1 mile from home. I don't get it!!!

That would be annoying!! I'm sure you have, but did you try telling him that you need to be somewhere a half hour before you really do (without him knowing, of course!).

Yes and sometimes it works out. But then I will forget that I told him the wrong time and say the right tiime. I just don't understand why he can't get is butt moving so we can be on time.

How is it that I still feel like the luckiest woman on earth after 21 years of marriage? If anything, I am more happier and in love then I was the day I married my DH!!!

PamperedDor said:
How is it that I still feel like the luckiest woman on earth after 21 years of marriage? If anything, I am more happier and in love then I was the day I married my DH!!!

Dor...that is wonderful to hear.

So many times I will be at a show, or hear others talk about their DH on here and such, and it reminds me HOW LUCKY I AM. Are things in my life perfect? No!! But God has blessed me with a man who is intellegent, funny, supportive, and who has the talent to see "the big picture" and invision his plans and his business 10 years down the road... I try my hardest to tell him how much I love, appreciate, and admire him...but I am sure I don't do it enough. This will just remind me to tell him again today!

Random thought:

How can two adults and one three year old FILL a dishwasher in two days?!! lol

I love my DH so much and can't even think about my life without him:love:. We have been married for almost 17 years and together for 20 years. We get along so well, he makes me laugh all the time and we love spending time together and as a family with my DS.

That being said, he still drives me crazy at times and I am sure I do the same to him. But he is the love of my life and I would not change that for anything.

You guys are lucky....DH and I are going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment, although it's better then it was a few months ago and from a month and a half ago when all hell broke loose! :(

I do hope things get better soon..........

Anyway, enough of that....my random thought for today.....why do my dogs have to loose so much hair?? It's like tumble weed country in my house, even after I vacuum! :grumpy: ....still love my puppies though! :)

KellyTheChef said:
Random thought:

Funny you should say that, I have 2 adults and 2 1/2 yro and a 6 mos old and we fill the dishwasher everyday!! Sad I know

Stef1023 said:
Funny you should say that, I have 2 adults and 2 1/2 yro and a 6 mos old and we fill the dishwasher everyday!! Sad I know

I almost added to that original post that we CAN fill it in less than a day sometimes!! It just depends what I am making and using in the kitchen!!

When my two step kids are here, I can actually run it twice a day sometimes!!

Random thought: How lucky are we to have conveniences like dishwashers, washing machines and dryers, TOILET PAPER and running water, and so many other things that we take for granted that our ancestors didn't have!!

Oh! and DVR's....they are one of the BEST recent inventions!! lol

Yea I have days where I can run it twice also.
My random thought: I feel very blessed to have a "complete" family at the age of 25, and the love of the best hubby ever!!

Stef1023 said:

When my kids were little like yours and Kelly's I would assign them a cup of the day - they would rinse it out after each use and then at night we would put it in the dishwasher for a real cleaning - it cut down on all the juice cups! Sandwiches would be served on a napkin as well as snacks to cut down on dishes -

It worked back then - we won't even mention what happens now that they all help themselves!

Random thought:

How is it possible that one little kid can produce so much Laundry??

KellyTheChef said:
Oh! and DVR's....they are one of the BEST recent inventions!! lol

That is so true, I don't know what I would do without it now that I have it.

I'm ready to watch Christmas Vacation!

KellyTheChef said:
Random thought:

How can two adults and 2 kids fill a dishwasher 3 times in 1 day?!?!?!

PamperedCaniac said:

Are you crazy:D. I am ready for Fall with the cooler weather and the beautiful leaves, but not Christmas. I don't like the cold or snow and I have not even thought about Christmas shopping yet.:eek:

I need to go book another September show......going to pick up the phone NOW! :)

Chef Michelle D said:
Are you crazy:D. I am ready for Fall with the cooler weather and the beautiful leaves, but not Christmas. I don't like the cold or snow and I have not even thought about Christmas shopping yet.:eek:

I LOVE Christmas! Here is NC we generally have Mild winters with only a few snows! However, I was meaning the Christmas Vacation Movie because it is too funny and I need a good ole' laugh!! LOL However I still love Christmas, just not financially!!!

PamperedCaniac said:
I LOVE Christmas! Here is NC we generally have Mild winters with only a few snows! However, I was meaning the Christmas Vacation Movie because it is too funny and I need a good ole' laugh!! LOL However I still love Christmas, just not financially!!!

I have nicknamed my DH Sparky... because for our first kiss, we shoked each other...

I love the Christmas Vacation Movie!!! I might have to go and buy that I could use a laugh as well!!

PamperedCaniac said:

Love that movie! Can't believe it's almost that time again to watch it :eek:, since it is a Christmas tradition in our house!

PamperedCaniac said:

It is a great movie, we watched the Vagas Vacation one the other night. You gotta love Chevy Chase he is too funny. :D

Random Thought: Why is it some days I am full of energy and get lots of stuff done around the house (like today) and then there are the days when I get nothing done?

Chef Michelle D said:
Random Thought: Why is it some days I am full of energy and get lots of stuff done around the house (like today) and then there are the days when I get nothing done?

I totally agree! And I feel so much better about myself when I have those days! Then, it seems like the next day that burst of energy has disappeared!

Why did I put on tanning accelerator for the tanning bed today when it is 90 degrees outside and 110% humidity????????

Why the heck can't my MIL throw a dinner party with enough seating in one room for everyone, and enough of one entree that everyone can have the same thing for dinner?

chefann said:
Why the heck can't my MIL throw a dinner party with enough seating in one room for everyone, and enough of one entree that everyone can have the same thing for dinner?

Hmmm- that is a good question! Was the food at least yummy? :D

Chef Michelle D said:
It is a great movie, we watched the Vagas Vacation one the other night. You gotta love Chevy Chase he is too funny. :D

Random thought (or not so random, 'cause I looked it up), but Chevy is short for Cornelius Crane .... yikes....poor bugger, no wonder he had to be the class clown! :eek:

chefann said:

Guess you're not at my MIL's for dinner!!! There's always enough for the entire town!!! :rolleyes:

PChefPEI said:
Guess you're not at my MIL's for dinner!!! There's always enough for the entire town!!! :rolleyes:

I wish! I swear, the woman thinks she's still cooking for 6, not 13! FIL's birthday dinner was yesterday. They had a bucket of chicken (KFC, which I don't like) and one pizza. And some sides: cole slaw (from KFC), corn on the cob, and mashed potatoes (SIL made them, and they were runny because she uses a mixer to "mash" them, and always adds too much milk and butter). Then there was almost a fight about where the food was going to be set out vs. where people were sitting. It made me lose my appetite, so I didn't eat. Which was a good thing, because there wasn't any chicken or pizza left.

chefann said:
I wish! I swear, the woman thinks she's still cooking for 6, not 13! FIL's birthday dinner was yesterday. They had a bucket of chicken (KFC, which I don't like) and one pizza. And some sides: cole slaw (from KFC), corn on the cob, and mashed potatoes (SIL made them, and they were runny because she uses a mixer to "mash" them, and always adds too much milk and butter). Then there was almost a fight about where the food was going to be set out vs. where people were sitting. It made me lose my appetite, so I didn't eat. Which was a good thing, because there wasn't any chicken or pizza left.

Oh, Ann, that really sucks....doesn't sound like these family dinners are much fun! :( Hope you got to eat when you got home!

Yeah- I made a sandwich for myself. The bigger problem is that I'm the only one who seems to see anything wrong with the way MIL has her family dinners.

Maybe it's because that's all they know! Maybe you need to teach them a thing or two! ;)

Random thought: Why does it always feel like Monday?

chefkristin said:

Um, because it is?

LOL :D

chefkristin said:
ditto on Kelly - um, 'cuz it is.....but also, we are having some wicked storms here in KC, MO and there was a clap of thunder this am that made BOTH of my kids come running, crying to me!! And made my heart beat pretty fast too!

why is there always so much drama at work?

it drains the life force from me....:rolleyes:

it's another monday.... ick!

When I go out for lunch during the week, why do I always eat too much? :yuck: Now I feel gross and feel like having a nap! :indif:

pampcheflisa said:
why is there always so much drama at work?

it drains the life force from me....:rolleyes:

Don't know, I think some people thrive on drama and bad energy.:(

rennea said:
Don't know, I think some people thrive on drama and bad energy.:(

I think you are right! There are some things going on around here that we have no control over and my boss and one of my co-workers have to fight about it every day, and of course I sit right in front of my boss' office, so I have to listen to them bicker all morning long.

Random Thought = I REALLY want a bag of M&M's right now........but do NOT need them.

Another Random Thought = why have I not gone to a WW meeting in almost 6 weeks??? Avoidance????

Why is it that the one fly in the house keeps bothering me?

dianevill said:
Why is it that the one fly in the house keeps bothering me?

You are lucky to only have ONE!!! :rolleyes:

Oh, I've killed the rest, but this little bugger keeps getting away...

Diane - Spray hairspray at it (the super hold kind if you have it ) it gets stuck on their wings and they drop to the floor -

<h2>1. What is the purpose of the "Random Thoughts" thread?</h2><p>The "Random Thoughts" thread is a place for people to share their musings, thoughts, or anything else that comes to mind. It is a way to connect with others and have fun discussions.</p><h2>2. How did the "Random Thoughts" thread start?</h2><p>The "Random Thoughts" thread was started by someone on a different discussion board who wanted a place to share their random thoughts. It has since been adopted by others and has become a popular thread on various online platforms.</p><h2>3. Can anyone post in the "Random Thoughts" thread?</h2><p>Yes, anyone can post in the "Random Thoughts" thread as long as they follow the guidelines and rules set by the specific platform or forum. It is meant to be a fun and inclusive space for everyone.</p><h2>4. Are there any specific topics that can be discussed in the "Random Thoughts" thread?</h2><p>No, there are no specific topics for the "Random Thoughts" thread. It is meant to be a free-flowing conversation where people can share whatever is on their mind at the moment.</p><h2>5. Is there a limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread?</h2><p>No, there is no limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread. However, it is important to be respectful of others and not dominate the conversation. Everyone should have a chance to share their thoughts.</p>

1. What is the purpose of the "Random Thoughts" thread?

The "Random Thoughts" thread is a place for people to share their musings, thoughts, or anything else that comes to mind. It is a way to connect with others and have fun discussions.

2. How did the "Random Thoughts" thread start?

The "Random Thoughts" thread was started by someone on a different discussion board who wanted a place to share their random thoughts. It has since been adopted by others and has become a popular thread on various online platforms.

3. Can anyone post in the "Random Thoughts" thread?

Yes, anyone can post in the "Random Thoughts" thread as long as they follow the guidelines and rules set by the specific platform or forum. It is meant to be a fun and inclusive space for everyone.

4. Are there any specific topics that can be discussed in the "Random Thoughts" thread?

No, there are no specific topics for the "Random Thoughts" thread. It is meant to be a free-flowing conversation where people can share whatever is on their mind at the moment.

5. Is there a limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread?

No, there is no limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread. However, it is important to be respectful of others and not dominate the conversation. Everyone should have a chance to share their thoughts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Hathery
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • kam
  • General Chat
Replies