• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Random Thoughts: A Fun Thread for Sharing Your Musings

In summary, the conversation discusses both hate and love, random thoughts, how to avoid making mistakes while calling, and how to deal with aggressive drivers.
PamperedDor said:
Diane - Spray hairspray at it (the super hold kind if you have it ) it gets stuck on their wings and they drop to the floor -

smiley_lol.gif

Why does my husband think I am hot with blonde hair? Is it a man thing or what? I have finally given in and colored it today...Blonde.

Kelly - It really works!

Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
Why does my husband think I am hot with blonde hair? Is it a man thing or what? I have finally given in and colored it today...Blonde.

Marilyn Monroe complex!
Do YOU like yourself w blone hair?

PamperedDor said:
Diane - Spray hairspray at it (the super hold kind if you have it ) it gets stuck on their wings and they drop to the floor -

Paul Mitchell's Freeze and Shine oughtta do it, hey?

I'm Game!

why did my new CUTE shoes give me blisters? Now I have to take the darn things back................

Oh no! Don't you have beautiful auburn hair? Tell your DH that other ladies go to the beautician to get hair the color of YOURS!!

It's gotta be a guy thing. Long and blonde and they are gaga. Woman thing: clean my house or wash the dishes and I am gaga!! lol

dianevill said:
Paul Mitchell's Freeze and Shine oughtta do it, hey?

I'm Game!

Oh that should work just fine!!!;)

Why is it I tell people I need something, in this case orders by in this case 8 PM so I can place the party order and it is almost 9 pm and 2 people still haven't called me back. 1 is my mystery host, her stuff is free $315.00 worth. The other is the gal who got the 60% off cookware.
Why is it people have no respect for others time???

merego said:
Why is it I tell people I need something, in this case orders by in this case 8 PM so I can place the party order and it is almost 9 pm and 2 people still haven't called me back. 1 is my mystery host, her stuff is free $315.00 worth. The other is the gal who got the 60% off cookware.
Why is it people have no respect for others time???

Okay, now what is really wrong with people?!? If I was getting that much stuff FREE, I'd make a point of calling back by your deadline!! Some people's kids! :rolleyes:

Oh, if she doesn't call, can I be your mystery host?? hehe ;)

Hope she calls you soon so you can close your show!

Random thought...why am I addicted to this site?? I should be doing a little bit of PC admin stuff and going to bed! 5:20 is gonna come early!

The ladies on The View are really annoying me again today! LOL Thank goodness for Elisabeth!

PamperedCaniac said:
The ladies on The View are really annoying me again today! LOL Thank goodness for Elisabeth!

I finally stopped watching it about 6 months ago. I DO miss Elisabeth, and some of the animated conversations! (At least it's not like it was when there was a different co-host on there that REALLY made me nuts sometimes!)

Four year olds playing soccer for the first time is HILARIOUS!!!
I am still giggling from Saturday's "game"!!!

PamperedDor said:

just don't use a lighter to make it a flame thrower!!! THAT could be bad for your home... :)

Not so Random thought....I am taking a course today and the instructor is ANNOYING!!! :grumpy: Every phrase he ends with either OR BOTH "in that case"/"in that context".........I'm gonna scream!!!!!!! AND, I have to listen to him for THREE entire days!!!!! :yuck:

They are installed new carpet in my girls room. Be glad when there stuff in back into their rooms and I can part in the garage again!

Ann R.

KellyTheChef said:
Oh no! Don't you have beautiful auburn hair? Tell your DH that other ladies go to the beautician to get hair the color of YOURS!!

It's gotta be a guy thing. Long and blond and they are gaga. Woman thing: clean my house or wash the dishes and I am gaga!! lol

Yea, gals do go to the salon to get hair auburn! I did keep some of the auburn, but most of it is blond and it is now waist long (it's been a while since my avatar picture)--officially long and blond.. I like it blond too, it's just different. I was really blond as a teenager, but it got darker after I had kiddos. I do have a husband who refuses to let me scrub the toilet! It is officially his job. He even call in the boys when he is doing it and asks them "why does dad scrub the toilet?_ The answer is always "because he loves mom". Now That is hot! Jealous gals?

Yea, gals do go to the salon to get hair auburn! I did keep some of the auburn, but most of it is blond and it is now waist long (it's been a while since my avatar picture)--officially long and blond.. I like it blond too, it's just different. I was really blond as a teenager, but it got darker after I had kiddos. I do have a husband who refuses to let me scrub the toilet! It is officially his job. He even call in the boys when he is doing it and asks them "why does dad scrub the toilet?_ The answer is always "because he loves mom". Now That is hot! Jealous gals?

Wow! You are one lucky gal!! I don't think my DH would know where to find the toilet brush!! LOL But my DD likes to help and always wants to scrub the toilet...hope it lasts into her teenage years! :p

Random Thought: Why must children tell lies when they know if/when they get caught they will be punished? I hate giving punishments but I have to follow through...

Chef Michelle D said:
Random Thought: Why must children tell lies when they know if/when they get caught they will be punished? I hate giving punishments but I have to follow through...

That infuriates me! Even though I know it's what we have to do as parents, I still feel bad! What's up with that???:eek:

Mine cleans the toilet too! Actually all 4 toilets, 2 tubs, jacuzzi tub and one stand up shower. And of course the sinks too. Just wish he'd clean the baseboards and windowsills as well so I don't have to go back in there to do those but hey! I guess I shouldn't complain :)

Today's random lolcat:http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/funny-pictures-cat-shares-his-vet-experiences.jpg

Ann, you are hilarious!!! That is really funny!! LOL

Ugggh, My throat hurts!

chefmeg said:
why did my new CUTE shoes give me blisters? Now I have to take the darn things back................

Try covering the blister areas with liquid bandaid - that usually works for me and I can wear them until my feet get used to them!

Random thought....with all the fun cell phone ringtones nowadays, why do people still use the boring old "normal phone" ring tone?

PChefPEI said:
Random thought....with all the fun cell phone ringtones nowadays, why do people still use the boring old "normal phone" ring tone?

that reminds me I need to change mine!!

Random Thought = why does every day at work feel like the exact same day over and over again? (I think I finally have "gotten" the movie Groundhog Day......)

PChefPEI said:

Because some of us find all of those "fun" ringtones highly annoying. :p

Actually, I find cell phones in general annoying most of the time. (my own personal moment of crankiness!:rolleyes:)

ChefBeckyD said:

Amen, sister!

A former coworker had "fun" ringtones on his phone, which he'd leave out on the desk when he went to meetings. Which of course is when it would ring. So everyone in the surrounding area would be treated to a 90-second snippet of Raiders of the Lost Ark, James Bond, or something else annoying, every 10 minutes. (There was another guy in the same office who had the Sex and the City theme as a tone on his phone. He claimed it was the tone for his wife, but we all thought it was fairly strong evidence that he was gay.)

chefann said:
Amen, sister!

A former coworker had "fun" ringtones on his phone, which he'd leave out on the desk when he went to meetings. Which of course is when it would ring. So everyone in the surrounding area would be treated to a 90-second snippet of Raiders of the Lost Ark, James Bond, or something else annoying, every 10 minutes. (There was another guy in the same office who had the Sex and the City theme as a tone on his phone. He claimed it was the tone for his wife, but we all thought it was fairly strong evidence that he was gay.)

that would definitely be annoying!!

Attention people = if you're going to have your cell phone turned on at work, pretty please turn it to vibrate!!
Thank you!!

pampcheflisa said:
that would definitely be annoying!!

Attention people = if you're going to have your cell phone turned on at work, pretty please turn it to vibrate!!
Thank you!!

I agree! I have fun ringtones, but turn sound off if I leave my phone on my desk. Sounds is set on low anyway, if I forget!! :blushing:

I was really just saying that (or venting really) about my lovely co-workers!!! I really do my best to just tune things out, but one co-worker of mine had this ringtone that was a message of her DD talking. It said "Mom, pick up the phone, it's for you"....over and over again. After a few weeks of this, I wanted to smash her phone..grrr!!

LOL!!! That would be really annoying, Lisa!!

ChefBeckyD said:

Actually, I find cell phones in general annoying most of the time. (my own personal moment of crankiness!:rolleyes:)

Oh I am SOoooooo glad I am not the only one!

I have mine set to the Austin Powers theme song so I make sure to silence my phone when I'm in public. Just because I love that song doesn't mean everyone does. At work I silence it and then leave my phone on my desk. If someone calls or texts me the screen lights up. Works for me and doesn't bother anyone else. :)

My phone plays Têtes à claques skits. If you've never heard of it, check out http://www.tac.tv/index.php for English and http://www.tac.tv/index.php for French. These guys are hilarious....IMHO!!

My random thought of the day is "why can't all Forums be as nicely set up as this one?". There's a forum on organization that I really like, but it's so dull and boring and doesn't seem as "homey and cozy" as this one. Of course, you guys are pretty special, so it's kinda hard to top that!! :D So, thanks Greg for all your work on this Forum! It ROCKS! :)

My random thought for the day is why do women who smoke (so much their pores are oozing of cigarettes and their mere presence in the waiting room is making it smell like a bar) get mammograms??? If a person is concerned enough about getting breast cancer they actually come in and get the test done wouldn't you think they'd give a rats A$$ about LUNG CANCER??? Quote from the Mayo Clinic "According to the American Cancer Society, the most common cause of cancer death in U.S. women is lung cancer."
And the number one way to reduce your risk of getting lung cancer "DON"T SMOKE CIGARETTES!!!"

okay just needed to get that off my chest

I agree with you Tammy! I'm so glad that smoking in public establishments is banned here!!

PChefPEI said:
My phone plays Têtes à claques skits. If you've never heard of it, check out http://www.tac.tv/index.php for English and http://www.tac.tv/index.php for French. These guys are hilarious....IMHO!!

I am taking it from this that you are bilingual??
I am fascinated by people who are bilingual (wish I was!!)
So, I have a random question for you? When you think to yourself, do you think in English or French? I have always wondered about that for people who speak multiple languages, which one they think in (or talk to themselves in).

I'm putting this here, because it's random, but interesting.http://www.veryshortlist.com/web/daily.cfm/review/615/Website/american-ethnic-geography/
That link has a description of a project created from data from the 2000 US census. There is a link to another page that has a bunch of maps outlining the ethnic makeup of the US, county by county. They're fascinating.

pampcheflisa said:
I am taking it from this that you are bilingual??
I am fascinated by people who are bilingual (wish I was!!)
So, I have a random question for you? When you think to yourself, do you think in English or French? I have always wondered about that for people who speak multiple languages, which one they think in (or talk to themselves in).

You guessed right! :) I was raised in French (in Québec) and when I was 11, my parents divorced and Mom moved us to PEI, where I learned English. The first sentence my brother and I learned was "I don't speak English"...LOL!! Didn't take us long to pick it up though.

To answer your question, I mostly think in English. Eventhough I am fully binlingual, I am more comfortable with English, because that is what I studied in school from grade 7 to University.

Oh, and I can count to 8 in Spanish (thanks to "Handy Manny"), so does that make me almost tri-lingual?? .....guess not, hey? ;)

That is just so fascinating to me!
I live in TX, so there are so many bilingual people here (English/Spanish), and I always wonder what language people think in or dream in or talk to themselves in. I took 3 years of Spanish in HS and 4 semesters in college and probably know enough to semi-communicate, but I always wish I took it more seriously and could speak it fluently. It would definitely make things easier here.

chefann said:
I'm putting this here, because it's random, but interesting.

http://www.veryshortlist.com/web/daily.cfm/review/615/Website/american-ethnic-geography/
That link has a description of a project created from data from the 2000 US census. There is a link to another page that has a bunch of maps outlining the ethnic makeup of the US, county by county. They're fascinating.

That is FASCINATING! I love charts and graphs - I am such a nerd!:rolleyes:

I could spend all afternoon comparing those maps!:eek:

ChefBeckyD said:
That is FASCINATING! I love charts and graphs - I am such a nerd!:rolleyes:

I could spend all afternoon comparing those maps!:eek:

Me too!!!
I've been going over them, I love stuff like this!!
Thanks, Ann!

pampcheflisa said:
That is just so fascinating to me!
I live in TX, so there are so many bilingual people here (English/Spanish), and I always wonder what language people think in or dream in or talk to themselves in. I took 3 years of Spanish in HS and 4 semesters in college and probably know enough to semi-communicate, but I always wish I took it more seriously and could speak it fluently. It would definitely make things easier here.

I'd love to be able to speak Spanish! I'm learning a few words watching Dora, Diego and Handy Manny though!! LOL!

My thought this morning:

Why does everyone keep telling me that I can always "try again" or "are you going to try again". I just lost my baby, give me time to grieve please!!!

So to vent but people are so rude!!!

PChefPEI said:
I'd love to be able to speak Spanish! I'm learning a few words watching Dora, Diego and Handy Manny though!! LOL!

Well, I cannot speak Spanish!! I wish I could!!
I can count to at least over 100, say the Spanish alphabet, sing a song that names all the countries/capitols in S. America and know a bunch of vocabulary words. But, speaking it is completely different!! I have heard though, that people who are bilingual in particular with English/French or English/Spanish have an easier time picking up the third.

Random Thought = I'm listening to 80's music right now and it's saving me from being in an awful mood!!!

rennea said:
My thought this morning:

Why does everyone keep telling me that I can always "try again" or "are you going to try again". I just lost my baby, give me time to grieve please!!!

So to vent but people are so rude!!!

That sucks, Rennea. People can be so insentive sometimes. :( People just talk to talk....if they would just shut up, it would be a lot better!

pampcheflisa said:
Well, I cannot speak Spanish!! I wish I could!!
I can count to at least over 100, say the Spanish alphabet, sing a song that names all the countries/capitols in S. America and know a bunch of vocabulary words. But, speaking it is completely different!! I have heard though, that people who are bilingual in particular with English/French or English/Spanish have an easier time picking up the third.

Random Thought = I'm listening to 80's music right now and it's saving me from being in an awful mood!!!

I have heard that too. I have noticed some similarities between Spanish and French. Maybe I'll give it a whirl someday! :)

<h2>1. What is the purpose of the "Random Thoughts" thread?</h2><p>The "Random Thoughts" thread is a place for people to share their musings, thoughts, or anything else that comes to mind. It is a way to connect with others and have fun discussions.</p><h2>2. How did the "Random Thoughts" thread start?</h2><p>The "Random Thoughts" thread was started by someone on a different discussion board who wanted a place to share their random thoughts. It has since been adopted by others and has become a popular thread on various online platforms.</p><h2>3. Can anyone post in the "Random Thoughts" thread?</h2><p>Yes, anyone can post in the "Random Thoughts" thread as long as they follow the guidelines and rules set by the specific platform or forum. It is meant to be a fun and inclusive space for everyone.</p><h2>4. Are there any specific topics that can be discussed in the "Random Thoughts" thread?</h2><p>No, there are no specific topics for the "Random Thoughts" thread. It is meant to be a free-flowing conversation where people can share whatever is on their mind at the moment.</p><h2>5. Is there a limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread?</h2><p>No, there is no limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread. However, it is important to be respectful of others and not dominate the conversation. Everyone should have a chance to share their thoughts.</p>

1. What is the purpose of the "Random Thoughts" thread?

The "Random Thoughts" thread is a place for people to share their musings, thoughts, or anything else that comes to mind. It is a way to connect with others and have fun discussions.

2. How did the "Random Thoughts" thread start?

The "Random Thoughts" thread was started by someone on a different discussion board who wanted a place to share their random thoughts. It has since been adopted by others and has become a popular thread on various online platforms.

3. Can anyone post in the "Random Thoughts" thread?

Yes, anyone can post in the "Random Thoughts" thread as long as they follow the guidelines and rules set by the specific platform or forum. It is meant to be a fun and inclusive space for everyone.

4. Are there any specific topics that can be discussed in the "Random Thoughts" thread?

No, there are no specific topics for the "Random Thoughts" thread. It is meant to be a free-flowing conversation where people can share whatever is on their mind at the moment.

5. Is there a limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread?

No, there is no limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread. However, it is important to be respectful of others and not dominate the conversation. Everyone should have a chance to share their thoughts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Hathery
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • kam
  • General Chat
Replies