• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aFew Random Thoughts in My Head This Morning.whats the Purpose

mostly because DH uses them all the time and I feel like I'm being wasteful if I don't use them as much as he does! ;)
TammyStar
A few random thoughts in my head this morning.

Whats the purpose of the parchment paper for the Chocolate Peanut Butter Torte?

I remember at at PC show some 20 years ago the consultant saying you can grate cheese and throw in some cornmeal and shake it up, then freeze it and the cheese will not stick together so you can grab a handful at a time. Has anyone ever done this? Does it really work. I'm lazy and buy cheese already grated (and measured) so I guess I could grate some and try it myself. But just thought I'd check here and see if anyone else has heard of this.

One more, am I the only person that feels the grinder set is a little pricey? It makes it hard for me to get excited about it. How do you all get excited about products you wouldn't buy for yourself?

Okay done thinking too much today! :yuck:

Re: QuestionsQuestion 1 - no idea

Question 2 - no idea

Question 3 - Do you have it? It is a lot bigger than I thought from the pictures. It is really nice and I think, very classy. I got one with my SAT and my husband LOVES it. He really wants me to buy the other one. He thinks it is totally worth the price. We have bought other "cheaper" ones and he hates the way they work (or don't).

Re: QuestionsGood point I didn't think about the "quality" I did see them at my last cluster meeting. Maybe I will buy one and see what I think.

Thanks, I was just going by how they looked and just wasn't all that impressed but now will keep an open mind until I get one!

I appreciate the input.

Tammy

Re: QuestionsMy answers to your questions are in pink:

Whats the purpose of the parchment paper for the Chocolate Peanut Butter Torte? Keeps the brownie from breaking when you take it out of the pan. It's quite thin and would break or stick when you remove it.

I remember at at PC show some 20 years ago the consultant saying you can grate cheese and throw in some cornmeal and shake it up, then freeze it and the cheese will not stick together so you can grab a handful at a time. Has anyone ever done this? Does it really work. I'm lazy and buy cheese already grated (and measured) so I guess I could grate some and try it myself. But just thought I'd check here and see if anyone else has heard of this. Personally I would think the cheese would be gritty form the cornmeal

One more, am I the only person that feels the grinder set is a little pricey? It makes it hard for me to get excited about it. How do you all get excited about products you wouldn't buy for yourself? This is an awesome product! The grinders are great quality. Remember, you get what you pay for.

Re: QuestionsThe grinders are really nice. I replaced our salt & pepper shakers on the table with them (they look really nice in our Woven pieces!).

I also have a set of salt & pepper shakers by the stove. DH will always walk over to the table and grab the grinders now instead of grabbing for the shakers that are close at hand by the stove. And DH is picky about things - and he loves these!

Re: Questions
TammyStar said:
A few random thoughts in my head this morning.

Whats the purpose of the parchment paper for the Chocolate Peanut Butter Torte?

I remember at at PC show some 20 years ago the consultant saying you can grate cheese and throw in some cornmeal and shake it up, then freeze it and the cheese will not stick together so you can grab a handful at a time. Has anyone ever done this? Does it really work. I'm lazy and buy cheese already grated (and measured) so I guess I could grate some and try it myself. But just thought I'd check here and see if anyone else has heard of this.

One more, am I the only person that feels the grinder set is a little pricey? It makes it hard for me to get excited about it. How do you all get excited about products you wouldn't buy for yourself?

Okay done thinking too much today! :yuck:

I thought they were too until I priced grinders at Williams-Sonoma and found ours to be cheaper.

Re: QuestionsSounds like your first two questions have been answered (and I have never tried the freezing cheese thing, so I don't know that one...)

BUT...I do know that it took me a while to get past the price tags on stuff when I was talking about them. For example, the cookware or DCB. To me, both of those items are A LOT of $$. I would almost "apologize" for the prices, or always say "you can get them for 50% with a show" After hearing Lisa Amblo speak about cookware, and how she uses the 12" Executive Skillet and Lid as her "try me" piece...and how she sells TONS of them at full price because she places such a value on them and doesn't even mention the price...it's just not an issue.

I agree with Linda...the quality is there on our pieces (including the grinders) and they are WAY going to outlast the many other cheaper pieces you would go through in the same time frame...

Hope that all makes sense! Remember...something that is expensive (or silly, or unnecessary) to you may not be to one of your guests. Thankfully, we have a large line of super products so everyone will find something they love!

Re: QuestionsHey Kelly thanks you are correct! I think nothing of $200-$300 for a pair of shoes and I always buy my coffee beans for $15-$20 a pound but I complain about the price of a gallon of milk! Its all what is worth it to us and I did need to be reminded of that.

You guys are so helpful!

Tammy

KellyTheChef said:
Sounds like your first two questions have been answered (and I have never tried the freezing cheese thing, so I don't know that one...)

BUT...I do know that it took me a while to get past the price tags on stuff when I was talking about them. For example, the cookware or DCB. To me, both of those items are A LOT of $$. I would almost "apologize" for the prices, or always say "you can get them for 50% with a show" After hearing Lisa Amblo speak about cookware, and how she uses the 12" Executive Skillet and Lid as her "try me" piece...and how she sells TONS of them at full price because she places such a value on them and doesn't even mention the price...it's just not an issue.
I agree with Linda...the quality is there on our pieces (including the grinders) and they are WAY going to outlast the many other cheaper pieces you would go through in the same time frame...

Hope that all makes sense! Remember...something that is expensive (or silly, or unnecessary) to you may not be to one of your guests. Thankfully, we have a large line of super products so everyone will find something they love!

Oh me too - I have had the pleasure of meeting Lisa quite a few times (she is so funny!) And when she did her cookware speech for us - I literally starting selling that skillet at every show - or got bookings for it as well - When I tell guests that My DH went out 4 years ago and bought a snowblower because it was on sale at Sears and we have only used it about 5 times while it sits in my garage, (not that I am complaining - I hate snow) That my 12 skillet is used almost everyday and year round to boot! Ladies don't ever hesitate getting it or booking a show to get it!!

PamperedDor said:
Oh me too - I have had the pleasure of meeting Lisa quite a few times (she is so funny!) And when she did her cookware speech for us - I literally starting selling that skillet at every show - or got bookings for it as well - When I tell guests that My DH went out 4 years ago and bought a snowblower because it was on sale at Sears and we have only used it about 5 times while it sits in my garage, (not that I am complaining - I hate snow) That my 12 skillet is used almost everyday and year round to boot! Ladies don't ever hesitate getting it or booking a show to get it!!

AH!! Lisa Amblo...I've got more notes from her than alot of other people! Shes Great & like Dor said, you have to see her in person to get the full impact...:D

Ginger428 said:
AH!! Lisa Amblo...I've got more notes from her than alot of other people! Shes Great & like Dor said, you have to see her in person to get the full impact...:D

Oh...I will bet she is a character who uses her hands to talk a lot! She sounds like she is a petite, dark haired, little spit fire!! I would love to meet her...maybe by then she will have a super talk on selling FORGED CUTLERY!!

PamperedDor said:

I live in the Arizona desert the snowblower idea wouldn't work at my shows.

On a lighter note, I just learned how to ignore someone and that makes me happy :)

Tammy

Re: QuestionsWhat I did with the cheese: I grated it and put it on the sheet pan and placed the pan in the freezer. Doesn't take long for cheese to freeze. After it was frozen I put the cheese in a freezer ziploc and put it back in the freezer. It did not stick together. Did I read that tip on CS? Not sure, but it worked great.

JAE said:
What I did with the cheese: I grated it and put it on the sheet pan and placed the pan in the freezer. Doesn't take long for cheese to freeze. After it was frozen I put the cheese in a freezer ziploc and put it back in the freezer. It did not stick together. Did I read that tip on CS? Not sure, but it worked great.

That is good to know! Thanks for sharing that! It makes sense...but I wouldn't have thought about doing that with cheese!

Is there a way to pre-shred cheese and keep it in the frig without it clumping?

Re: QuestionsI do think I read somewhere that you could use flour to keep the cheese from sticking together. You probably wouldn't need very much.

KellyTheChef said:
Oh...I will bet she is a character who uses her hands to talk a lot! She sounds like she is a petite, dark haired, little spit fire!! I would love to meet her...maybe by then she will have a super talk on selling FORGED CUTLERY!!

Dark haired,spit fire, not so petite...;). But the Italian in her makes her talk with her hands alot...I've learned alot of verbiage from her!

TammyStar said:
I live in the Arizona desert the snowblower idea wouldn't work at my shows.

On a lighter note, I just learned how to ignore someone and that makes me happy :)

Tammy

Tammy - it doesn't have to be a snowblower silly - any big ticket item the men buy because they "have to have it" Like a chain saw? How often do they use them if they aren't in the landscaping business - How many go out to buy a new golf club and use it every day... I think you know what I mean.

Lucky you no snow - I am envious - I want to see Arizona so bad - keep telling my DH we should by something there and then move when the kids all are done with school!

Ginger428 said:
Dark haired,spit fire, not so petite...;). But the Italian in her makes her talk with her hands alot...I've learned alot of verbiage from her!

Ha Ginger - I'm telling Lisa!!! LOL!! She is a delight that Lisa and so helpful to everyone she meets - truly a wonderful seller and person! AND quite thrifty when it comes to making meals - she can make 2 meals out of almost anything!! She has a wonderful upline that has helped her and she continues to grow her business and help all of her downline and others downlines as well ! (ok - enough of the Lisa fan club!)

Re: QuestionsDor, I spent last winter in Connecticut (for work). It was the worst winter of my life! I will never do that again. I applaud all of you that love the snow and love to live in the snow and where it is cold. It is not for me! I remember putting gas in my car one day and it was 17 degrees and it was snowing and windy and I actually started crying! All of my friends and family were seriously concerned about me last winter. I love the desert and will never make that mistake again.

I guess the golf club idea would work here, there are tons of golf courses in Phoenix and Vegas.

Tammy

PamperedDor said:
Ha Ginger - I'm telling Lisa!!! LOL!! She is a delight that Lisa and so helpful to everyone she meets - truly a wonderful seller and person! AND quite thrifty when it comes to making meals - she can make 2 meals out of almost anything!! She has a wonderful upline that has helped her and she continues to grow her business and help all of her downline and others downlines as well ! (ok - enough of the Lisa fan club!)

WELL!! Shes not petite....shes not AS TALL as you, but shes maybe 5'6'....;)

PamperedDor said:

That woman deserves a fan club! She has helped TONS OF US via her talk on cookware that was recorded and went around about a year or more ago...

I have adopted her wording on much of my cookware part of my demo, and sell a LOT of those pans...well, her verbiage and the fact that the 12" Executive Skillet and Lid are my FAVORITE PC item! (Every time I say that, I laugh to myself cuz those of you who have been around here for a while know that I say that ALL of the time!!) But really...when you absolutely LOVE a product and use it almost DAILY...you can speak passionately about it and folks can really feel that you are not giving them a spiel just to sell them a $125 item....

KellyTheChef said:
That woman deserves a fan club! She has helped TONS OF US via her talk on cookware that was recorded and went around about a year or more ago...

I have adopted her wording on much of my cookware part of my demo, and sell a LOT of those pans...well, her verbiage and the fact that the 12" Executive Skillet and Lid are my FAVORITE PC item! (Every time I say that, I laugh to myself cuz those of you who have been around here for a while know that I say that ALL of the time!!) But really...when you absolutely LOVE a product and use it almost DAILY...you can speak passionately about it and folks can really feel that you are not giving them a spiel just to sell them a $125 item....[/QUOTE]

Its up to 130 Kelly - You prego girl you! LOL! ;)

Oh I would be President of her fan club - I adore her!

Re: QuestionsMany years ago in my stint at a fast food restaurant, we used corn starch in our shredded cheese to keep it from clumping. We would shred like 10 lbs at a time and then keep it in the fridge in big tubs. You might try that?

PamperedDor said:
KellyTheChef said:

I have adopted her wording on much of my cookware part of my demo, and sell a LOT of those pans...well, her verbiage and the fact that the 12" Executive Skillet and Lid are my FAVORITE PC item! (Every time I say that, I laugh to myself cuz those of you who have been around here for a while know that I say that ALL of the time!!) But really...when you absolutely LOVE a product and use it almost DAILY...you can speak passionately about it and folks can really feel that you are not giving them a spiel just to sell them a $125 item....[/QUOTE]

Its up to 130 Kelly - You prego girl you! LOL! ;)

Oh I would be President of her fan club - I adore her!

We were ALL Hangin at Bubbas.....too bad YOU didn't go....:p:cool::p

Ginger428 said:
PamperedDor said:
We were ALL Hangin at Bubbas.....too bad YOU didn't go....:p:cool::p

I know - rub it in Ginger - rub it in!!!:cry::cry:

Re: QuestionsWhat the heck is going on with the quote thing - Ginger posted - I quoted her and it says I posted?????

lauradahl said:
Many years ago in my stint at a fast food restaurant, we used corn starch in our shredded cheese to keep it from clumping. We would shred like 10 lbs at a time and then keep it in the fridge in big tubs. You might try that?

corn starch makes much more sense than corn meal ;)

TammyStar said:
Dor, I spent last winter in Connecticut (for work). It was the worst winter of my life! I will never do that again. I applaud all of you that love the snow and love to live in the snow and where it is cold. It is not for me! I remember putting gas in my car one day and it was 17 degrees and it was snowing and windy and I actually started crying! All of my friends and family were seriously concerned about me last winter. I love the desert and will never make that mistake again.

I guess the golf club idea would work here, there are tons of golf courses in Phoenix and Vegas.

Tammy

If I don't see snow AT LEAST once a year, I'm not happy!! I have a friend who lives in Scottsdale, keeps asking us to come visit, I keep telling him when it snows!!:D

lauradahl said:
Many years ago in my stint at a fast food restaurant, we used corn starch in our shredded cheese to keep it from clumping. We would shred like 10 lbs at a time and then keep it in the fridge in big tubs. You might try that?
That is good to know. Thanks.

Re: QuestionsI think that the grinders are going to be a great seller.

After hearing/seeing Lisa Amblo speak about cookware, and how she uses the 12" Executive Skillet I've sold so many skillets. I LOVE making the "Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake" at my shows. :)

Re: QuestionsHere's my answer about the Grinders: They're a great deal. Several years ago I got really into freshly-ground pepper. I went looking for a good pepper mill. In my research I discovered that the best grinders are ceramic. They don't corrode, so they can be used well for pepper, salt, and a wide variety of spices. They also last a long time. When I went shopping for those ceramic grinders, I discovered that (at least around here) they started at about $35 each. Most of them were $40-$50 each--waaaaaay too much for me to pay. Our are great quality at a fraction of the cost of comparable grinders. I'm proud of the value we're offering with them.

Re: Questionsfirst thing...does anyone have this wonderful sounding "wording" that Lisa uses to sell skillets? I have sold 2...to my mother. I talk about cookware at every show and people just look at me like I have lost my mind.

As far as price issues...everyone around here has "walmart" mentality. If you can buy it at walmart then everywhere else is "too expensive". I hate WalMart!! I am amazed that people will drive 35 minutes to walmart to buy something...with gas at 4 bucks a gallon...and then complain that milk costs 5 bucks at the local convenience/grocery store. I used to have that mentality when it came to PC but after I touched the products and saw what great quality they are I am sold, sold, sold. I used to buy a new skillet at WalMart at least 3 times every year...$10 each. I did this for years. So, I spent $30 every year on a 10 or 12 inch skillet when I could have paid $100 and bought 1 that will last a lifetime. You get what you pay for.

Unfortunately, no one in my area shops at those expensive type stores...just WalMart.

Shawnna said:
first thing...does anyone have this wonderful sounding "wording" that Lisa uses to sell skillets? I have sold 2...to my mother. I talk about cookware at every show and people just look at me like I have lost my mind.

Lisa's wording:

“Tonight I will show you how to put a meal together in under 30 minutes and how to reinvent leftovers.

Most important tool in the kitchen is the cookware.. Great cookware can actually make you a better cook.

Re: QuestionsShawna - this was sent to our cluster and a bunch of NY clusters (where Lisa is from) Hope it helps! (and hope I downloaded it right!:blushing:)

Attachments

• lisa amplo notes.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 246
Re: QuestionsHere's the link to her cookware talk: Player

Also here's her script.

Attachments

• Sell More Cookware - Lisa Amblo[1].doc
    40.5 KB · Views: 407
Re: QuestionsThanks Linda and Dor!

PamperedDor said:
Shawna - this was sent to our cluster and a bunch of NY clusters (where Lisa is from) Hope it helps! (and hope I downloaded it right!:blushing:)

I sent her some, but I could not find this one...Thanks!!

What is the purpose of the parchment paper for the Chocolate Peanut Butter Torte?

The parchment paper serves as a non-stick surface for the torte to prevent it from sticking to the pan during baking. It also makes it easier to remove the torte from the pan once it has cooled.

Has anyone actually tried grating cheese with cornmeal to prevent clumping?

Yes, some people have tried this trick and have had success with it. However, it may depend on the type of cheese being used and the amount of cornmeal added. It is always recommended to follow the instructions on the package for best results.

Is the grinder set priced too high?

The price of the grinder set may seem high, but it is made with high-quality materials and is designed to last for a long time. It also comes with a lifetime guarantee, making it a worthwhile investment for those who use it regularly in their cooking.

How do you get excited about products you wouldn't buy for yourself?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, we are trained to understand the value and benefits of each product and how it can enhance our customers' cooking experiences. We also often offer promotions and discounts that can make the products more affordable for our customers.

Do you have any other random thoughts about Pampered Chef products?

We love hearing feedback and suggestions from our customers about our products. It helps us improve and develop new and innovative products that meet our customers' needs and desires. So keep those thoughts coming!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dianevill
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kkimpinski
Replies
Views
Stacys
  • BethCooks4U
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies