• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Fear: My First Cold Call Success Story

In summary, the speaker had a garage sale where they gave out catalogs and show benefits flyers. After a period of time, they finally called one of the people who took the catalog and the person seemed receptive to the idea of hosting a party. This was a big step for the speaker, as they were nervous about calling people and had even cried before when trying to do host coaching over the phone. The speaker also shared that they had given a catalog to a high school student doing a car wash and fundraising, which may lead to a future fundraiser. Overall, the speaker received encouraging words from others and felt motivated to continue growing their business and overcoming their fears.
GourmetGirl
Silver Member
So I had a garage sale about 6 weeks ago, 1 person took a catalog, show benefits flyer and I got her info. Well long story short, I had a bit of a drop of the face of the earth period and am now picking myself back up. So tonight, I called her. It wasn't a good time to talk, but she did mention she wasn't completely sure about hosting a party, her husband wasn't so sure on the idea. I told her I have been doing some outdoor parties where you don't even have to clean the house and I would love to call her one day this week and chat with her about some of my ideas. She was really receptive to the call and actually sounded excited. So while nothing has come of this, I just had to share because it is the first time I have ever called someone who I didn't know from a party. (and trust me, until this week even host coaching over the phone has been a big thing for me and has had me in tears getting the courage up to call)

I am actually shaking a little bit right now. I have decided that I am going to have a full schedule for when I get back from conference and as Rae always says I am just going to pull up my big girl panties and do it! So I spent about 20 minutes on the phone, had a brief chat with one host (am calling her back in 2 hours, she wasn't as ready for me as she thought she was), left a message for another and finally called this lead whose information has been sitting in my living room for 6 weeks now!

Thanks for listening to me, and I hope that anyone else out there who is in the same situation as me can use this as you are not alone and it can be done!

Great Job!! I'm nervous about calling people too so you aren't alone :)

Good for you Allison! It can be a challenge sometimes but just doing it is the best!
I am proud of you!

you will get the hang of it. congrats on overccoming it. i hope you get a show from her

I'm so excited for you! And neither of us will be able to "drop off the face of the earth" again because someone will always be watching!

katie0128 said:
I'm so excited for you! And neither of us will be able to "drop off the face of the earth" again because someone will always be watching!

Yep! Thanks Katie! and thanks everyone for your words of kindness. Sometimes you just need others to remind you that people are not going to think poorly of you if you call and ask.

talk about going out on a limb I was in the drive up line at the bsnk and across the street high school kids where doin a car wash and alos asking for donations , so when I pulled out and handed her a dollar for the donatn pale I also gave her a catalog and said they can make alot more if they fo a fundraiser . so dhe is going to pass it on to her teacher. Will see what happens . I can always call the high school in the fall

I really get nervous about calling people too!!!! I don't know what it is but I need to work on it!!!

Great job, Alison! How did the rest of your evening go?

chef131doreen said:
talk about going out on a limb I was in the drive up line at the bsnk and across the street high school kids where doin a car wash and alos asking for donations , so when I pulled out and handed her a dollar for the donatn pale I also gave her a catalog and said they can make alot more if they fo a fundraiser . so dhe is going to pass it on to her teacher. Will see what happens . I can always call the high school in the fall

Congrats to you!!! Of course, they are going to LOVE the idea and do a FR in the fall. But in the very odd chance that they don't, at least you got some practice and found out that limb you climbed on didn't break!

I'm so proud of you, Alison! Whenever we step out and do something we're scared of, we grow a bit. Congratulations, and I hope you head out to NC with a packed calendar awaiting your return!

What is "Just Wanted to Share..."?

"Just Wanted to Share..." is a line of versatile and convenient kitchen tools and gadgets offered by Pampered Chef. These products are designed to make cooking and food preparation easier and more enjoyable for home cooks.

What types of products are included in the "Just Wanted to Share..." line?

The "Just Wanted to Share..." line includes a variety of kitchen tools and gadgets such as knives, measuring cups and spoons, peelers, graters, and mixing bowls. These products are designed to help with tasks such as cutting, measuring, and mixing ingredients.

Are the "Just Wanted to Share..." products dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of the "Just Wanted to Share..." products are dishwasher safe. This makes cleaning up after cooking and food preparation a breeze.

Can I purchase "Just Wanted to Share..." products online?

Yes, "Just Wanted to Share..." products can be purchased online through the Pampered Chef website or through independent consultants. You can also host a Pampered Chef party to earn free and discounted products.

Are "Just Wanted to Share..." products covered by a warranty?

Yes, all "Just Wanted to Share..." products are covered by a satisfaction guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for a full refund or exchange within 30 days of purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
  • Bill Faber
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • kcmckay