• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Random Thoughts: A Fun Thread for Sharing Your Musings

In summary, the conversation discusses both hate and love, random thoughts, how to avoid making mistakes while calling, and how to deal with aggressive drivers.
Will my DDs friends call her Tiffy, Tiff, T or by her name... Tiffany

Why are husbands clueless? (Is it a random thought if I have it quite often?)

Why is it... the Dog always kisses you right after he has licked his b***s?

Why did they stop making MARS bars?

pampered.chris said:
:yuck:Why does the dog need to constantly fart and stink up my house...this last one made my eyes water and I started gagging...YUCK!!!:yuck:

All I have to say is EWWWWWW!! Dog farts are the worst!

Is that why you have "sick" as your emoticon?

Laura420 said:
Why is it... the Dog always kisses you right after he has licked his b***s?

OMG - I almost just peed myself; that is too hilarious, but sadly, so correct!

JAE said:

I also wonder this daily... :confused:

pampcheflisa said:
In my case, it's why was my DH so much more funny when I first met him?
Now, he is NOT funny at all!!!
Or, as he tells me, why have I lost my sense of humor since I've become a mom??

My DH tells me this too....

He could not understand why I did not think it was funny when he shot a 2" nerf ball out of a gun at my shoulder.... Hmmmm could it be I was holding our 3 month old sone and the ball hit inches from his head! Yeah that's hilarious! But I'm no fun anymore... (this happened 3 years ago and yeah it still ticks me off a bit)

KellyTheChef said:

They stopped making Mars Bars? I thought for sure I saw a bag of them at the grocery store this week...and also some Mars Midnite bars (the ones that are dark chocolate)

Do you need some Kelly?

Want me to send you some?

Sometimes I am too lazy to get up to get a bowl of ice cream!

ChefLisa said:
Sometimes I am too lazy to get up to get a bowl of ice cream!

Thanks for reminding me. . .I have a Dilly Bar in the freezer.:)

chefjeanine said:
Thanks for reminding me. . .I have a Dilly Bar in the freezer.:)

Glad to help!

ChefBeckyD said:
OR it could be a very quiet day for us! We would just have to be prepared for what would greet us when we opened the door where they were "inventing".

On that note - I've now had 2 educators suggest I have him tested, but I don't want to. I'm not sure I want to know his IQ.

Do it--- my folks did it for me, and it was helpful info! :) It was only to better know what classes to put me in, etc... granted my testing was done later in my schooling career...so I agree with Janet...let him be a kid :)

JAE said:

OMG!!! That has to be the best random thought yet. I don't know but it's so true!!! I love my DH but sometimes I just want to kill him, we have been married almost 17 years and he still doesn't get it sometimes. But I do love him and can't live without him.:love:

Don't you just feel so much better after a nice hot shower.

Chef Michelle D said:
OMG!!! That has to be the best random thought yet. I don't know but it's so true!!! I love my DH but sometimes I just want to kill him, we have been married almost 17 years and he still doesn't get it sometimes. But I do love him and can't live without him.:love:

Mine just put a huge hole in the side of my newly sided house AND started a fire in between the walls! Don't get me started on clueless men who play with blow torches on a WINDY day! :grumpy: :cry:

ChefBeckyD said:
They stopped making Mars Bars? I thought for sure I saw a bag of them at the grocery store this week...and also some Mars Midnite bars (the ones that are dark chocolate)

Do you need some Kelly?

Want me to send you some?

Becky...if you find me MARS bars and send me some I will LOVE YOU FOR LIFE! Well, you are my friend, so I already do...but I will LOVE YOU MORE!!

What do I have here in Hartville that YOU need? We can trade!

Chef Michelle D said:
Don't you just feel so much better after a nice hot shower.

Not tonight! It's hotter than anything in my house right now!

I thought fall was here!

Speaking of ice cream...why did they change HALF GALLON containers to 1.5 qts? What a scam!!

BTW- I am eating a YUMMY sundae...chocolate ice cream, choc hard shell topping, almonds, and Becky's PB/maple/marshmallow mixture on top! (Yes...I like lots of different textures and flavors with my ice cream!!)

There was a Mars bar in the United States, but it was discontinued in 2000. It was then relaunched under the new name the Snickers Almond bar.

KellyTheChef said:
Becky...if you find me MARS bars and send me some I will LOVE YOU FOR LIFE! Well, you are my friend, so I already do...but I will LOVE YOU MORE!!

What do I have here in Hartville that YOU need? We can trade!

Kelly - I'm sorry! I was getting it confused with the Milky Way! Sorry to get your hopes up!:cry:

Mars.....Milky Way....it's all part of outer space - I'm blonde, so it's easy to see how I'd get them confused. ;)

janetupnorth said:
There was a Mars bar in the United States, but it was discontinued in 2000. It was then relaunched under the new name the Snickers Almond bar.

No way! They are just NOT the same...Mars bars had MORE "nougat" and it was more white in color...and more "vanilla" in flavor. Maybe it's all in my head...but I have had the snickers almond and they are NO MARS BAR!!

Dumb candy companies....

ChefBeckyD said:
Kelly - I'm sorry! I was getting it confused with the Milky Way! Sorry to get your hopes up!:cry:

Mars.....Milky Way....it's all part of outer space - I'm blonde, so it's easy to see how I'd get them confused. ;)

Ugh! Becky! How could you do that to me??????

lol

I will still be your friend. Even though you messed with the hopes of a candy obsessed pregant woman!!:p;)

KellyTheChef said:
No way! They are just NOT the same...Mars bars had MORE "nougat" and it was more white in color...and more "vanilla" in flavor. Maybe it's all in my head...but I have had the snickers almond and they are NO MARS BAR!!

Dumb candy companies....

Oh, I won't argue that they aren't the same...they made changes and "re-marketed" them, they are "supposedly" the same though...

But Kelly, if you find a Mars bar - don't eat it!!!! It's about 8 years old! :yuck:

Janet...you have permanently dashed my hopes! I kept thinking that perhaps they were still being made, just not sold in our area anymore! Any time we travel, I look for them!

Grrr...even if I find one, I promise I won't buy it!! I am pretty sure that even with chemicals and preservatives, that an 8 year old candy bar would be NASTY!! lol

KellyTheChef said:
Speaking of ice cream...why did they change HALF GALLON containers to 1.5 qts? What a scam!!

BTW- I am eating a YUMMY sundae...chocolate ice cream, choc hard shell topping, almonds, and Becky's PB/maple/marshmallow mixture on top! (Yes...I like lots of different textures and flavors with my ice cream!!)

Here in Georgia we have ice cream that still comes in the half gallon size. It is the store brand for Publix grocery store. It is very yummy! I love Publix!

Random thought # 278... Today was DH bday. I made him homemade apple pie for dessert. His mom and dad cooked steak. They knew I was bringing dessert... and made a blueberry cobbler anyways. I felt like Deborah at Thanksgiving from everybody loves Raymond when Marie (mil) showed up with a turkey. LOL

QUOTE=tabnat80;538370]Random thought # 278... Today was DH bday. I made him homemade apple pie for dessert. His mom and dad cooked steak. They knew I was bringing dessert... and made a blueberry cobbler anyways. I felt like Deborah at Thanksgiving from everybody loves Raymond when Marie (mil) showed up with a turkey. LOL[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hate when that happens! - I love my MIL, but she pulls that kind of thing all the time. Or in reverse....like today we were invited over there, and she says to me "No - don't bring anything, really, I don't want you to bring anything." I get there, and both of my SIL have brought something anyway, making me look like the slacker.:grumpy:

How am I supposed to know that "No don't bring anything" is code for "Oh, just bring any side dish you'd like to make."?

LOL That's so my mil. She does that all the time. I always feel as if I have to be the dishes slave to make up for not bringing anything.

Yeah, I hate when that happens! - I love my MIL, but she pulls that kind of thing all the time. Or in reverse....like today we were invited over there, and she says to me "No - don't bring anything, really, I don't want you to bring anything." I get there, and both of my SIL have brought something anyway, making me look like the slacker.:grumpy:

How am I supposed to know that "No don't bring anything" is code for "Oh, just bring any side dish you'd like to make."?[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
tabnat80 said:
LOL That's so my mil. She does that all the time. I always feel as if I have to be the dishes slave to make up for not bringing anything.

Ummm, were you at my MIL's today while I was doing dishes?:D

My BF's family lives 3 hours away...so I don't ever really get to bring anything, but when I do bring something no one eats it anyhow...they look and stare at it as if it was from a foreign planet. My BF always says, make something they'll eat...um...I won't eat most of what they LOVE. (His family is German and too much kraut if you ask me) I will try each meal they make, but c'mon, they won't even try mine.

So I quit making and bringing anything...I just show up and say...oops...I'll go get some soda.

Mars bars--try a Brit import food shop, orhttp://www.britishfoodshop.com/keyword.asp?product=mars&gclid=CI7D2dbWuZUCFRIcawod-m9QPwHopefully it's still the same TRIED and TRUE recipe.

I have dishpan hands from that woman. I'll have you know, at my house, we dump em in the dishwasher, food and all. For 5 years, it hasn't clogged up yet. MIL insists and even redoes if I don't do right, that we prewash by hand so that they will get clean. THis was her excuse with her old dishwasher b/c she said it didnt' clean properly, but now with the new one, who knows. We just do it:blushing:

ChefBeckyD said:
Ummm, were you at my MIL's today while I was doing dishes?:D

LOL I know what you mean. My grandmother is German and whenever we've eatten over there it was always something with kraut.
pampered.chris said:
My BF's family lives 3 hours away...so I don't ever really get to bring anything, but when I do bring something no one eats it anyhow...they look and stare at it as if it was from a foreign planet. My BF always says, make something they'll eat...um...I won't eat most of what they LOVE. (His family is German and too much kraut if you ask me) I will try each meal they make, but c'mon, they won't even try mine.

So I quit making and bringing anything...I just show up and say...oops...I'll go get some soda.

KellyTheChef said:

Kelly, have they really stopped making them or are they just not available where you are? We have them everywhere here, and there always refilled so unless they're still working on stock from 8 years ago I think they're still being made.

I'd be happy to send you some :)

ETA: Okay I just looked it up and see what you and Janet mean. Discontinued in the US in 2000 and replaced/renamed Snickers Almond Bar as you mentioned which is retarded! There's no almonds in a Mars Bar. Anyway, let me know and I'll send you a bunch!

CookingwithMary said:
Mars bars--try a Brit import food shop, or

http://www.britishfoodshop.com/keyword.asp?product=mars&gclid=CI7D2dbWuZUCFRIcawod-m9QPw

Hopefully it's still the same TRIED and TRUE recipe.

Thanks Mary!

kcjodih said:
Kelly, have they really stopped making them or are they just not available where you are? We have them everywhere here, and there always refilled so unless they're still working on stock from 8 years ago I think they're still being made.

I'd be happy to send you some :)

ETA: Okay I just looked it up and see what you and Janet mean. Discontinued in the US in 2000 and replaced/renamed Snickers Almond Bar as you mentioned which is retarded! There's no almonds in a Mars Bar. Anyway, let me know and I'll send you a bunch!

Hmmm... here in the states they DID have almonds. Darn! Foiled again!

my kids go back to school in less than 24 hours..............

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_33.gif

DH goes back to work in less than 24 hrs..LOL, sorry, he's driving me nuts this weekend! There's only so much "together time" I can take! :blushing:

Kelly- I remember the MARS bar! I loved them! You are right, the nougat was whiter than the Snicker's with almonds...and there was more of it- very good candy bar if you ask me because I love almonds!

If I ever see one, I'll check the date on the wrapper and send one off to you- as long as it wasn't made back in 2000! :) LOL

Ok.... time for DH to go back to work! LOL

Will my lovely neighbor ever stop playing this Polka music? Its been 3 hours - non stop and its the same cd over and over and over!

PamperedDor said:
Will my lovely neighbor ever stop playing this Polka music? Its been 3 hours - non stop and its the same cd over and over and over!

Poor you!! Oh my!! LOL LOL:sing::sing::sing:

PamperedDor said:

Just play some music back! ;)

Why is it that the sun only hits places I am already tan? For crimany sake...I went on a 4 MILE kayak ride and all that white is still white and tan is now red!

Add on to above post.....why didn't someone told me that after four miles on a kayak my shoulders would feel like this?

PamperedDor said:

that's criminal.............it might be time to break out some AC/DC or Black Sabbath full blast

chefmeg said:
that's criminal.............it might be time to break out some AC/DC or Black Sabbath full blast

I was just going to say you should break out some Mormon Tabernacle Choir music!

Or, just put the theme song to The Lone Ranger on repeat and the volume on high! :)

Heck- start playing Holiday Music!

<h2>1. What is the purpose of the "Random Thoughts" thread?</h2><p>The "Random Thoughts" thread is a place for people to share their musings, thoughts, or anything else that comes to mind. It is a way to connect with others and have fun discussions.</p><h2>2. How did the "Random Thoughts" thread start?</h2><p>The "Random Thoughts" thread was started by someone on a different discussion board who wanted a place to share their random thoughts. It has since been adopted by others and has become a popular thread on various online platforms.</p><h2>3. Can anyone post in the "Random Thoughts" thread?</h2><p>Yes, anyone can post in the "Random Thoughts" thread as long as they follow the guidelines and rules set by the specific platform or forum. It is meant to be a fun and inclusive space for everyone.</p><h2>4. Are there any specific topics that can be discussed in the "Random Thoughts" thread?</h2><p>No, there are no specific topics for the "Random Thoughts" thread. It is meant to be a free-flowing conversation where people can share whatever is on their mind at the moment.</p><h2>5. Is there a limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread?</h2><p>No, there is no limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread. However, it is important to be respectful of others and not dominate the conversation. Everyone should have a chance to share their thoughts.</p>

1. What is the purpose of the "Random Thoughts" thread?

The "Random Thoughts" thread is a place for people to share their musings, thoughts, or anything else that comes to mind. It is a way to connect with others and have fun discussions.

2. How did the "Random Thoughts" thread start?

The "Random Thoughts" thread was started by someone on a different discussion board who wanted a place to share their random thoughts. It has since been adopted by others and has become a popular thread on various online platforms.

3. Can anyone post in the "Random Thoughts" thread?

Yes, anyone can post in the "Random Thoughts" thread as long as they follow the guidelines and rules set by the specific platform or forum. It is meant to be a fun and inclusive space for everyone.

4. Are there any specific topics that can be discussed in the "Random Thoughts" thread?

No, there are no specific topics for the "Random Thoughts" thread. It is meant to be a free-flowing conversation where people can share whatever is on their mind at the moment.

5. Is there a limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread?

No, there is no limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread. However, it is important to be respectful of others and not dominate the conversation. Everyone should have a chance to share their thoughts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Hathery
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • kam
  • General Chat
Replies