• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Random Thoughts: A Fun Thread for Sharing Your Musings

In summary, the conversation discusses both hate and love, random thoughts, how to avoid making mistakes while calling, and how to deal with aggressive drivers.
JAE said:
Where is Janet? I was laughing so hard that I was crying, literally, when I read her post about the drive thru worker asking her if she wanted her food for here or to go. Now I can't find the post, so I couldn't reply to it. My dh was seriously wondering what was my problem. I couldn't even read the post to him and tears were coming out of my eyes. I could barely breathe. Sometimes things just strike me that funny. Not very often.

that's funny! :) I think it was in this thread, but now I can't remember either.

ChefBeckyD said:
I would have liked to have seen that.

And your monopoly post was funny! I can just see your boys trying to get set up in the back seat!

Next time - tell them to play Battleship!:D
We were rushing out the door and younger ds comes up from the basement with a Rubbermaid tote lid. I've learned to just not ask, but I thought it was because he was hoping to play Phase 10 with himself. (Yes that's strange too, but you'd have to know my younger ds.) Anyway, just the fact that my boys were going to play a game together in the car was strange in and of itself. So older ds drops his car token where he can't reach it and decides he won't play at all. We were less than 10 minutes from home. Didn't I say "you'll drop the pieces and lose them..."?

Okay - it's time to stop being random...and just go to bed!

'Night everyone! Pleasant dreams!:indif::indif::indif:

I'm kind of intimidated about starting Homeschooling on Tuesday. Its preschool to my DD who is so happy and loves to do anything 'school like'. I have all but 10 classes done in a primary education degree (k5-6th grade). My hubby thinks it's funny that I can sub for a class of thirty no problem. Ask me to teach my three and a half year old and I get nervous. I'm doing about 2 hours three days a week. Nothing big. I have good curriculum and I am excited but still nervous. sorry to ramble :)

chefmoseley said:
I'm kind of intimidated about starting Homeschooling on Tuesday. Its preschool to my DD who is so happy and loves to do anything 'school like'. I have all but 10 classes done in a primary education degree (k5-6th grade). My hubby thinks it's funny that I can sub for a class of thirty no problem. Ask me to teach my three and a half year old and I get nervous. I'm doing about 2 hours three days a week. Nothing big. I have good curriculum and I am excited but still nervous. sorry to ramble :)

You will do great.

I want some icecream

Why does the bagger at my local store always ask me if I want my milk in a bag??

elizabethfox said:
Why does the bagger at my local store always ask me if I want my milk in a bag??

I know!!!!

I hope the grocery store isn't crowded this morning.... I hate the grocery store.....

why do some of my neighbors let their dogs poop in others yards and don't pick it up while walking their dogs~ HOW RUDE!!! I am looking out the window and watched it happen just now.

PamperedDor said:
Na you missed our texting Meg -

Did you see my response pages ago to you in this thread about the 5 oclock??

I did! We love JB~my DH's car tag is FNS2DLF.....get it???
We haven't been to a concert in ages, but I made him promise that next year would be different! Pre-kids, we would go every year! We even had 2nd row seats one year............oh, those were the days!

chefmeg said:
I did! We love JB~my DH's car tag is FNS2DLF.....get it???
We haven't been to a concert in ages, but I made him promise that next year would be different! Pre-kids, we would go every year! We even had 2nd row seats one year............oh, those were the days!

I love the license plate!! YOur should be to the right!!! LOL - that was my ringback tone for 2 years ( I just switched to Billy Joel "onlythe good die young") Come Monday was my ring tone -

We had 3rd row this year! Nothing better then a little JB to finish the summer right!

Why is it we can't wait for our kids to start to talk and then when they do, we sometimes wish they would shut up!!

I did have FNS2DRT until I switched to KNEADPC!!!!

"Margaritaville" is my ringtone and "Come Monday" is DH's........."Come Monday" was even our 1st dance as a married couple at our wedding reception!

ChefBeckyD said:
Love and Logic Magic For Early Childhood by Jim & Charles Fay has revolutionized my parenting!

I Soooo Need to take this class! It is offered here thru comunity ed.

etteluap70PC said:
I Soooo Need to take this class! It is offered here thru comunity ed.

Paulette - I haven't taken the class - I would love to now though! I bought the book last weekend in desperation (I have an EXTREMELY strong-willed child!) and devoured it. This week has been the most peaceful, fun, enjoyable week of parenting. That book has changed our household!

We tried every kind of discipline imaginable and nothing was working until this book. It's better than Super Nanny!

ChefBeckyD said:
Paulette - I haven't taken the class - I would love to now though! I bought the book last weekend in desperation (I have an EXTREMELY strong-willed child!) and devoured it. This week has been the most peaceful, fun, enjoyable week of parenting. That book has changed our household!

We tried every kind of discipline imaginable and nothing was working until this book. It's better than Super Nanny!
Wow! I'll have to look into it. My kids and I are quite impressed with Super Nanny. It's funny to listen to my kids watch that show because they start telling the parents what they should be doing to make the kids behave.

My love and logic is do what I tell you are you'll be sorry! My kids believe it because I follow through. That's the logic. :)

JAE said:
Wow! I'll have to look into it. My kids and I are quite impressed with Super Nanny. It's funny to listen to my kids watch that show because they start telling the parents what they should be doing to make the kids behave.

My love and logic is do what I tell you are you'll be sorry! My kids believe it because I follow through. That's the logic. :)

Unfortunately, that doesn't work with mine. He KNOWS I follow through, but it doesn't effect his behavior. Nanny's Time Out Chair, or corner, or mat....none of that worked either. Same thing with school too. He didn't care about the consequences, because he feels the rules apply to everyone but him. He thinks HE knows the right way things should be done, and everyone should listen to him...including authority figures.:eek: (yeah - we're not letting that go unchecked.....that's why I bought the book.)

So, Becky...what changes did you apply this week that have worked for you?

My random thought: I have decided I don't like fresh sage.

I seriously want to go kick some a$$es at my husband's business. One of the lesser shareholders committed to assume some major duties this summer, then totally bailed, leaving my DH (primary shareholder) to it all. Needless to say, we have hardly seen him this summer. He's been working 6-7 days/wk, going in by 7 a.m. and not usually home til after 10 pm.
Today, he was only going in for "an hour or 2" to dispatch the guys. Well, 3 guys didn't show up, now he's there for the day & my kids are going to be so disappointed.
This summer's been a total bust & I just want to cry.

My daschund is getting on my nerves barking!!! Anyone want a FAT 7 year old, slightly greying daschund??? LOL

KellyTheChef said:
So, Becky...what changes did you apply this week that have worked for you?

Kelly - I'll get back to you with some this evening!

I have to get to the post office and the bank this morning, and it will be a long post!

ChefBeckyD said:
Unfortunately, that doesn't work with mine. He KNOWS I follow through, but it doesn't effect his behavior. Nanny's Time Out Chair, or corner, or mat....none of that worked either. Same thing with school too. He didn't care about the consequences, because he feels the rules apply to everyone but him. He thinks HE knows the right way things should be done, and everyone should listen to him...including authority figures.:eek: (yeah - we're not letting that go unchecked.....that's why I bought the book.)
I know you know me and know I wasn't implying that you don't follow through, but I thought I should explain it to everyone else who reads this. Besides, I was just being silly. I've never read the book. I've had it very briefly explained to me a couple times. I'm not really that patient, though I should work on it.

ChefBeckyD said:
Kelly - I'll get back to you with some this evening!

I have to get to the post office and the bank this morning, and it will be a long post!

np! I need to get off of here (and stay off till later tonight) cuz I have a show that I am leaving at 5:15 for, and I have LOTS of stuff to do around the house, plus pack for the show!

chefjeanine said:
Don't you just hate it when one of your past hosts shows up as someone else's recruit. . . .

I am feeling SO discouraged and sad.

Ohhh I soooooo know exactly how you feel!

JAE said:
I know you know me and know I wasn't implying that you don't follow through, but I thought I should explain it to everyone else who reads this. Besides, I was just being silly. I've never read the book. I've had it very briefly explained to me a couple times. I'm not really that patient, though I should work on it.

Yep - I knew that!;) So - everyone....I wasn't responding to JAE because I thought she was implying anything..... She knows my DS....so she knows how strong-willed he can be. (although he's pretty good with her - he adores Miss J.:love:)

random thought:

why are there never enough batteries in the house??????

chefmeg said:
random thought:

why are there never enough batteries in the house??????

LOL....and why are the only batteries you can find in the house always the size you DON'T need?

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL....and why are the only batteries you can find in the house always the size you DON'T need?

I'm a true nerd! I keep 2 packages of all battery sizes in the house at all times. When one pack is used, another is purchased so we always have plenty. Now, snacks- I have a hard time keeping those stocked up. ;)

Kitchen Diva said:
I'm a true nerd! I keep 2 packages of all battery sizes in the house at all times. When one pack is used, another is purchased so we always have plenty. Now, snacks- I have a hard time keeping those stocked up. ;)

We never had a battery issue here until we acquired a thousand toys with remote controls, moving parts, vocal abilities, and minds of their own.:rolleyes: including 2 different train sets, an Army tank, 2 tug boats, a race car, an Elmo that sings and dances, a gas pump with 2 cars that charge from it, a helicopter, a tractor, a microscope w/ a light, a headlamp, and various other battery guzzling toys and gadgets!:eek:

STOP THE MADNESS!:eek::eek::eek:

ChefBeckyD said:
We never had a battery issue here until we acquired a thousand toys with remote controls, moving parts, vocal abilities, and minds of their own.:rolleyes: including 2 different train sets, an Army tank, 2 tug boats, a race car, an Elmo that sings and dances, a gas pump with 2 cars that charge from it, a helicopter, a tractor, a microscope w/ a light, a headlamp, and various other battery guzzling toys and gadgets!:eek:

STOP THE MADNESS!:eek::eek::eek:

Oh heavens! It's battery Mayhem and Foolishness at Becky's house! LOL Shoot- I'm gonna come and play at your house! You have all the cool toys!

Kitchen Diva said:
Oh heavens! It's battery Mayhem and Foolishness at Becky's house! LOL Shoot- I'm gonna come and play at your house! You have all the cool toys!

I bet Micah would love to have you come play with him! But you should probably bring your own batteries!:D

(part of the problem is he likes to disassemble things, and then not put them back together, and batteries disappear when that happens!)

I hate it when I make a list of things I need to get at the store and then leave it at home.

Chef Michelle D said:
I hate it when I make a list of things I need to get at the store and then leave it at home.

.....along with all of my coupons.:grumpy:

Why do I have so many cables but I can't find the ONE that I'm looking for?

ChefBeckyD said:

And why do my kids always take batteries out of our remotes for their games!!! (PS2 in particular!) AGH!

ChefBeckyD said:
I bet Micah would love to have you come play with him! But you should probably bring your own batteries!:D

(part of the problem is he likes to disassemble things, and then not put them back together, and batteries disappear when that happens!)

1. It's all about rechargeable batteries, ESPECIALLY with the trains!!!!
2. Tools have to go back where they came from. DS knows if he takes it apart, it has to be put back. (Now how can he do that with parts, but leave clothes and toys everywhere... :grumpy:)

janetupnorth said:
2. Tools have to go back where they came from. DS knows if he takes it apart, it has to be put back. (Now how can he do that with parts, but leave clothes and toys everywhere... :grumpy:)

Maybe your DS can teach MY DH!

Kitchen Diva said:
Why are husband's so difficult?

Why did I think my DH was soooo smart when I first met him 15 years ago, and now I'm wondering if I'm not maybe smarter?

In my case, it's why was my DH so much more funny when I first met him?
Now, he is NOT funny at all!!!
Or, as he tells me, why have I lost my sense of humor since I've become a mom??

Desserts are not meant to be fat-free.

:yuck::yuck::yuck:

janetupnorth said:

He has his own tool box. He puts his tools back - he just doesn't put the toys back together. He likes having "parts". He takes things apart to try make them into other "inventions". He is always trying to take wheels off from one toy to see if they will fit on other toys....I have wheels all over the house!

dianevill said:
Maybe your DS can teach MY DH!

Oh he SO has to teach his own dad first!!!!

DH is TERRIBLE at that. I had tons of tools before I got married, now I can barely find a regular screwdriver... :(

I KNOW the tools are around but where is the question...in his truck, on a bench, in a cup holder, on a shelf... :confused::confused:

ChefBeckyD said:
He has his own tool box. He puts his tools back - he just doesn't put the toys back together. He likes having "parts". He takes things apart to try make them into other "inventions". He is always trying to take wheels off from one toy to see if they will fit on other toys....I have wheels all over the house!

Someday our boys will have to meet, but it will be a crazy day for us! I think we'd have "inventions" everywhere! Kyle does that too!

janetupnorth said:
Someday our boys will have to meet, but it will be a crazy day for us! I think we'd have "inventions" everywhere! Kyle does that too!

OR it could be a very quiet day for us! We would just have to be prepared for what would greet us when we opened the door where they were "inventing".

On that note - I've now had 2 educators suggest I have him tested, but I don't want to. I'm not sure I want to know his IQ.

ChefBeckyD said:
OR it could be a very quiet day for us! We would just have to be prepared for what would greet us when we opened the door where they were "inventing".

On that note - I've now had 2 educators suggest I have him tested, but I don't want to. I'm not sure I want to know his IQ.

Naw, just let him be a kid! IQ is not going to tell his success in the future. Let him play, "invent", make puzzles, be a boy, etc. I'm sending Kyle to preschool 2 days a week ONLY because he is bored, but he is going to start kindergarten a few months before he turns 6 (Dec. birthday) and I'm not pushing him on anything.

One thing, he does GREAT in Cubbies...and I figure it won't hurt him to learn verses young. :)

janetupnorth said:
Naw, just let him be a kid! IQ is not going to tell his success in the future. Let him play, "invent", make puzzles, be a boy, etc. I'm sending Kyle to preschool 2 days a week ONLY because he is bored, but he is going to start kindergarten a few months before he turns 6 (Dec. birthday) and I'm not pushing him on anything.

One thing, he does GREAT in Cubbies...and I figure it won't hurt him to learn verses young. :)

That's my feeling on it too. I send Micah to preschool because he needs to learn to play well with other children!

I wish we still sold the cake tester.

I wish the weekend was always 3 days long.

Becky's salsa recipe is tasting good!(I snuck a taste.)

how come I am the only one in my house that can make a bed?

janetupnorth said:
Oh he SO has to teach his own dad first!!!!

DH is TERRIBLE at that. I had tons of tools before I got married, now I can barely find a regular screwdriver... :(

I KNOW the tools are around but where is the question...in his truck, on a bench, in a cup holder, on a shelf... :confused::confused:

My BF will come to my house and take my tools and I have to then go to his house to "borrow" a tool b/c they are now "his" b/c he is the "man"...

:yuck:Why does the dog need to constantly fart and stink up my house...this last one made my eyes water and I started gagging...YUCK!!!:yuck:

<h2>1. What is the purpose of the "Random Thoughts" thread?</h2><p>The "Random Thoughts" thread is a place for people to share their musings, thoughts, or anything else that comes to mind. It is a way to connect with others and have fun discussions.</p><h2>2. How did the "Random Thoughts" thread start?</h2><p>The "Random Thoughts" thread was started by someone on a different discussion board who wanted a place to share their random thoughts. It has since been adopted by others and has become a popular thread on various online platforms.</p><h2>3. Can anyone post in the "Random Thoughts" thread?</h2><p>Yes, anyone can post in the "Random Thoughts" thread as long as they follow the guidelines and rules set by the specific platform or forum. It is meant to be a fun and inclusive space for everyone.</p><h2>4. Are there any specific topics that can be discussed in the "Random Thoughts" thread?</h2><p>No, there are no specific topics for the "Random Thoughts" thread. It is meant to be a free-flowing conversation where people can share whatever is on their mind at the moment.</p><h2>5. Is there a limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread?</h2><p>No, there is no limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread. However, it is important to be respectful of others and not dominate the conversation. Everyone should have a chance to share their thoughts.</p>

Related to Random Thoughts: A Fun Thread for Sharing Your Musings

1. What is the purpose of the "Random Thoughts" thread?

The "Random Thoughts" thread is a place for people to share their musings, thoughts, or anything else that comes to mind. It is a way to connect with others and have fun discussions.

2. How did the "Random Thoughts" thread start?

The "Random Thoughts" thread was started by someone on a different discussion board who wanted a place to share their random thoughts. It has since been adopted by others and has become a popular thread on various online platforms.

3. Can anyone post in the "Random Thoughts" thread?

Yes, anyone can post in the "Random Thoughts" thread as long as they follow the guidelines and rules set by the specific platform or forum. It is meant to be a fun and inclusive space for everyone.

4. Are there any specific topics that can be discussed in the "Random Thoughts" thread?

No, there are no specific topics for the "Random Thoughts" thread. It is meant to be a free-flowing conversation where people can share whatever is on their mind at the moment.

5. Is there a limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread?

No, there is no limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread. However, it is important to be respectful of others and not dominate the conversation. Everyone should have a chance to share their thoughts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Hathery
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • kam
  • General Chat
Replies