• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for My Dad's Recovery: Can you keep him in your thoughts?

In summary, my Dad was recently hospitalized for an internal infection and may have to have surgery again.
PC For Me 2 Move Out
:angel: Hello all! This is my 1st request for thoughts & prayers on here! This is for my Dad. I'll try to make this as brief as possible I promise! :)
About 28 months ago my Dad was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis, & was immediately put on Prednisone, which seemed to help the flair ups, but not completely. During the next 28 months, he went on numerous medications, & even to the point to where he went on transfusions to help him with his weight, & the flair ups. He is a tall guy, about 5'11", & 175 normally, well, he was down to 140, which for him made him look, very gaunt like. So, finally last October he was admitted for the 4th & 5th time. Well, on the 5th time, the Dr finally said, your not going home until you have the surgery. So they ended up doing an ileostomy, (hope I didn't blotch up the spelling too too much there). Well, he has basically gotten about 98% of his life back. And, let's just say for a 60 year old, he has more energy than me (I'm 26). He was never sick until he got this, so this was like a huge Concrete Wall in front of him.

Well, this morning he woke up in extreme pain in his abdomen area, right below the ileostomy, so my Mom brought him to the local ER. He's having a Cat Scan (CT), so we will hopefully find out SOON!!

So, could you keep him, & my Mother who has been by his side throughout ALL of this, in your thoughts/prayers!! She's his support system, & vice versa! I'mm an only child, so this is hard for me as well, but I don't really live at home, so she's around him 24/7 when she's not working, & he's supposed to be starting work on 4/7. He wants to get back to work, hates being home all the time, bonding with the cat.

I will say a prayer for you and your family as well as for the Dr's to make the right decision about his medical procedures. {{hugs}}

Many prayers for your Dad, you and your family.

Okay, so the CT isn't til 12:30p now, he just drank that nice stuff for the test. His white blood count is high, so there's something brewing!! Thanks to those who're keeping us in your thoughts/prayers!!

Many prayers for your dad and the rest of your family!!!

keep us posted !!! {{hugs}}

keeping you all in my thoughts... wishing for the best. ((hugs))

Hope everything works out for your dad and family, Kim!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} for you and your family, Kim. I have been helping my parents out for the last 2 years get through many things that my Dad has been through. Heart stent, double knee replacements and recently, a reoccurance of lung cancer. (He is doing fine and they caught it early this time and 20 years ago)

I am not an only child, but I am the only girl and the youngest, so at times, I do feel like an only child. Try to look at this in a positive way too. Look at the loving bond you are continuing with your parents. Look at the strength that you will gain from this. Hopefully, soon, you will have answers.

Please keep us posted. Prayers for you and your family.

Well, just found out he has an infection of his stoma. It's an internal infection, cause the outside is fine. So, he had to be transferred to the hospital he had the surgery at. He may have to have surgery again :( to repair it. So, once I find that out, I'll post some updates. He was suposed to start working on 4/7, but if there's surgery, it probably won't be happening..

Thanks, Kim. He must be so frustrated! Hard to see your strong Dad in this position!

Yea, he's a strong guy, but he seems to be pretty weak today. He says if it weren't for bad luck, he wouldn't have any luck.

I am assuming he is a Sox fan!!! That is was a great season last year!! I live in Yankee country but we are rebellious and were cheering the Sox on!!! You tell him he will soon be strong again and be back on track.

baychef said:
I am assuming he is a Sox fan!!! That is was a great season last year!! I live in Yankee country but we are rebellious and were cheering the Sox on!!! You tell him he will soon be strong again and be back on track.
Yes he is, as well as the whole family!! So, I take it you're either in NY or NJ?

I have so been in your place before and know how scary it can be. My dad had a colostomy last year for a while and it was very stressful, we had two pretty major surgeries in about 2 1/2 months...he's back to his old self now (praise God). Know that lots of people of thinking about you and praying for your mom and dad!! Keep us updated!!!

Ugh!Okay, so the Dr at the 1st hospital was partially correct :cry: with the diagnosis. The Drs at Lahey, are saying it's a fluid back up underneath the stoma. Which is a common thing that happens with an ileostomy, but usually happens a little bit after the surgery, not 5 months. So, they'll be running tests today, to find out EXACTLY :confused: what the problem is. Oh, how I love Drs! And, I work at a hospital too!! :(

4/3/08 UpdateSo, yesterday they scoped around to make sure his ileostomy was okay, & it's PERFECT!! So, today he's going to radiology to have the fluid syringed out (if that's the proper way to say it, but that's how they're removing it)! They're going to test the fluid to see if that's what is holding the infection. So, if that's the case, he's going to get some antibiotics, & a kick in the butt home!! I'm just thankful this didn't happen while they were in Disney World at the beginning of March. I would've felt bad, as I was the one who paid for that trip!! Kinda gave him no choice on going, it was a SURPRISE!!

1. How can I submit a prayer or thought for my dad?

To submit a prayer or thought for your dad, you can visit our website and click on the "Prayers for My Dad" section. From there, you can fill out a form with your name, the name of your dad, and your prayer or thought. You can also submit a prayer or thought through our social media accounts.

2. Can I submit a prayer or thought anonymously?

Yes, you can submit a prayer or thought anonymously. On the submission form, there is an option to select "Anonymous" as your name. Your prayer or thought will still be shared on our website and social media, but your name will not be included.

3. How often are the prayers and thoughts shared?

We share new prayers and thoughts for dads every week. Our team reviews and selects a handful of submissions to be shared each week. We also rotate between different categories, such as "Gratitude for My Dad", "Healing for My Dad", and "Strength for My Dad".

4. Can I submit multiple prayers or thoughts for my dad?

Yes, you can submit multiple prayers and thoughts for your dad. We encourage our community to share their thoughts and prayers as often as they feel called to. However, please note that we may not be able to share all submissions due to the high volume of submissions we receive.

5. Can I request for a specific prayer or thought to be shared on a certain date?

While we cannot guarantee that a specific prayer or thought will be shared on a specific date, you can make a request for a certain date in the submission form. Our team will do our best to accommodate such requests, but please understand that we receive a large number of submissions and may not be able to fulfill every request.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat