• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Random Thoughts: A Fun Thread for Sharing Your Musings

In summary, the conversation discusses both hate and love, random thoughts, how to avoid making mistakes while calling, and how to deal with aggressive drivers.
I made it through MS orientation and didn't cry!

Ann~you know what Janet says about the gene pool, right???? Sounds like the "new" wife AND the ex-DH didn't have lifeguards for their pools!

I hate laundry.................

chefmeg said:
I hate laundry.................

Ugh! Me too - it never ends! I get this feeling of satisfaction when everything is folded and put away, and then I walk into the laundry room, and it's all back again!:cry:

chefmeg said:
Ann~you know what Janet says about the gene pool, right???? Sounds like the "new" wife AND the ex-DH didn't have lifeguards for their pools!

...and..."You can't fix stupid." ;)

Amen to that Janet!

At the orientation last night, I thought my eyes were going to fly out of the back of my head from rolling them so much....here are a few sample questions from the PARENTS of soon to be Middle School GIFTED kids:

~can my kid bring hand sanitizer to school? our kids have NEVER been able to bring this because of the zero tolerance policy on alcohol...hand sanitizer is loaded with Isopropyl!
~well, how will they keep their hands clean if they can't bring hand sanitizer? have your ever heard of soap & water???
~if my child doesn't have a cell phone, how will they get in touch with me if there is a problem at school? ever heard of a land line?

ChefBeckyD said:
DS just woke up, and wandered out to the living room, and asked "Are you looking for your snuggle-boy?"

I love snuggles in the morning!:love:

Oh, how sweet! :love: I miss that (my baby is gonna be 20)**. :eek:

**but he still gives me big hugs and tells me he loves me every time he talks to me! :love:

Last edited:
Why can't this day be over with already (I mean the work day)?
Why do I stress about EVERYTHING (even things I have no control over and no business stressing about)?

How come when I am really stressed, all I want to do is eat chocolate chip cookies? (I really do know the biological answer to this, but it's so hard to restrain myself when I'm all wound up).

this is silly - even though I did not got to UT (Univ of Texas) and have never really been a UT fan, why did I teach my two year old to say "Hook 'em Horns" and make him repeat to everyone I know, b/c it sounds so darned cute when he says it!!!

chefmeg said:
Amen to that Janet!

At the orientation last night, I thought my eyes were going to fly out of the back of my head from rolling them so much....here are a few sample questions from the PARENTS of soon to be Middle School GIFTED kids:

~can my kid bring hand sanitizer to school? our kids have NEVER been able to bring this because of the zero tolerance policy on alcohol...hand sanitizer is loaded with Isopropyl!
~well, how will they keep their hands clean if they can't bring hand sanitizer? have your ever heard of soap & water???
~if my child doesn't have a cell phone, how will they get in touch with me if there is a problem at school? ever heard of a land line?

How did the PARENTS survive when THEY were in school? No cell phones there! Oh! We had to wash our hands in that nasty water and use old fashioned soap, too...how did we ever make it?!?? lol

I think it's ridiculous how sooooooooooo many kids have cell phones now. It is NOT a necessity...it is an EXTRA that is UN-NECESSARY. Besides, unless they become FREE at some point, I am not wasting my money on that! We have even discussed getting my step daughter one, so we can stay in contact with her in another state but here's my thoughts on that: if she can't call us USING FREE LONG DISTANCE why should we PAY for a cell phone so she can call all her friends and STILL ignore us? NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

chefbeckyd said:
lol! Last Week At The Fair, My Sil And I Were Waving To Our Boys (5 & 4) As They Went Around On A Ride. Then The Next Time They Came Around, They Were Both Bent Over Licking The Safety Bar Of The Ride.:yuck::yuck::yuck: We Were Both So Grossed Out...imagining Everything That Must Be On That Bar!:yuck::yuck::yuck:

eeewwwww!!

McDonald's new chicken biscuits taste REALLY good with a slice of homegrown tomato, salt and pepper!

KellyTheChef said:
McDonald's new chicken biscuits taste REALLY good with a slice of homegrown tomato, salt and pepper!

mmm... THAT'S what they're missing! DH got us some for b'fast this morning (there was a coupon in the Sunday paper 2 weeks ago for a free one). They're good, but were missing something a little tart and a little moist.

I'm out of coffee...I NEED COFFEE!!!

I am determined to pass my tests tomorrow a.m.!

Up with nightmares throughout the night (DS's not mine!) and now wondering what DH let DS watch before bedtime!

I'm tired.

Kristina21 said:
I'm out of coffee...I NEED COFFEE!!!

As in none in your cup or. . . none in the building? Aaaahhhhhh! :eek:

I had an entire year when I would not drink coffee. It was awful.

I love the way it smells. I love the way it tastes. I don't really care about the caffeine (but I think it tastes better when there is caffeine in it).

I wish coffee tasted as good as it SMELLS! I think it tastes NASTY!!

(sorry coffee drinkers!)

chefmeg said:
Amen to that Janet!

A favorite quote of mine is "No since being stupid if you can't show it". What did we do when we were in school. There was no hand sanitizer and no cell phones and we are okay. I don't understand people sometimes!!:eek:

KellyTheChef said:

(sorry coffee drinkers!)

My husband agrees with you. He enjoys the smell. . .then he opens his Diet Coke.

I wish I could stop my mind from thinking so much. It stresses me out.

chefjeanine said:
As in none in your cup or. . . none in the building? Aaaahhhhhh! :eek:

I had an entire year when I would not drink coffee. It was awful.

I love the way it smells. I love the way it tastes. I don't really care about the caffeine (but I think it tastes better when there is caffeine in it).

The day I found out I was pregnant, I quit coffee cold-turkey.

The morning after I had my son - the first thing I had was a cup of wonderful, hot, strong, black coffee.

I LOVE coffee!

The McRib is back at McDonalds! Saw the sign today! LOL

Chef Michelle D said:
I wish I could stop my mind from thinking so much. It stresses me out.

This is ME exactly!!!
My mind TORTURES me!!!

88 days til Disney!

ChefBeckyD said:
DS just woke up, and wandered out to the living room, and asked "Are you looking for your snuggle-boy?"

I love snuggles in the morning!:love:

This is soo cute!!! These innocent comment really get you. :)

My sister and brother in law are divorcing and I'm sad. BIL loves my kids and would often play with them. One day he grabbed my son in headlock playing around and told him "say uncle", my son oblivious to that expression later grabbed my BIL from behind and said "say nephew!!" LOL

Addie4TLC said:
This is soo cute!!! These innocent comment really get you. :)

My sister and brother in law are divorcing and I'm sad. BIL loves my kids and would often play with them. One day he grabbed my son in headlock playing around and told him "say uncle", my son oblivious to that expression later grabbed my BIL from behind and said "say nephew!!" LOL

That is so precious! How sweet and innocent. I'm sorry about the divorce in your family - I'm sure your kids are sad too.

I hate divorce.:grumpy:

ChefBeckyD said:
That is so precious! How sweet and innocent. I'm sorry about the divorce in your family - I'm sure your kids are sad too.

I hate divorce.:grumpy:

Tell me about it!!! My daughter tells me that more than 1/2 of her friends at school tell her that she is so lucky that her parents are still together!!

In my sister case it was her fault she took him for granted, he was a wonderful guy. They were married 12 years, no kids (good thing.)

I wonder if I will have nightmares about those creepy snakes we saw at the reptile house at the zoo today.

Will this headache go away??

Will my and PamperedDor's new sitcom be a hit??

LOL!!! OUR sitcom will be a hit!!!

Who goes first to accept the grammy award, Me or Mere?? I say Laverne!!!

sitcom???? did I miss a thread???
I hate when that happens!

Na you missed our texting Meg -

Did you see my response pages ago to you in this thread about the 5 oclock??

Will I ever get rid of this cold? Will my fever break?

chefmeg said:

That made me laugh! Thanks!

Who will be cast as Pinky? Squiggy? Lenny?? Fonzie??

I hate potty training

Yes - Potty training stinks - BREATHE!!!

They don't go to college in Diapers!

Jennie4PC said:
I hate potty training

I am right there with you.... Our Pediatriacian ( who was also mine when I was a baby... yes he is ancient and still practicing) said your kids never go off to school with a bottle, binky or not potty trained. I got the 2 out of the 3 and I figure when she is ready, she will tell me, she pees, wont poop. Oldest DS was trained by 3, I know she will get there, they all do, just doesn't seem like it :)

PamperedDor said:
LOL!!! OUR sitcom will be a hit!!!

Who goes first to accept the grammy award, Me or Mere?? I say Laverne!!!

Why do you get to do everything 1st??? Laverne is BOSSY :););)

KellyTheChef said:
How did the PARENTS survive when THEY were in school? No cell phones there! Oh! We had to wash our hands in that nasty water and use old fashioned soap, too...how did we ever make it?!?? lol

I think it's ridiculous how sooooooooooo many kids have cell phones now. It is NOT a necessity...it is an EXTRA that is UN-NECESSARY. Besides, unless they become FREE at some point, I am not wasting my money on that! We have even discussed getting my step daughter one, so we can stay in contact with her in another state but here's my thoughts on that: if she can't call us USING FREE LONG DISTANCE why should we PAY for a cell phone so she can call all her friends and STILL ignore us? NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

There are cell phone that have 4 #'2 on them and you can program them mom dad step mom or whatever you need to and then they cant call enyone else but those 4 people

I hate it when people call you and just hang up

I hate telemarketers that keep calling and telling me I have over 6k in credit card debt(which I dont)

KellyTheChef said:

(sorry coffee drinkers!)

I agree...you could put one teaspoon of coffee into a mug with 10 ounces of milk and 2 tablespoons of sugar and it would still be bitter and I could still taste it.

I love hot cocoa! :) (and the real stuff from high quality semi sweet chocolate shavings!)

pampered.chris said:
Will I ever get rid of this cold? Will my fever break?

I'm sorry you don't feel well! I'll pray for you my friend! :)

Why would my kids think it would work to play Monopoly in the car? (No, it didn't work, though they tried despite my objections....)

Tomorrow I get to store my son's piano @ our house for who knows how long.....now I'll have 2 pianos in one small 'piano room' along w/a desk and this laptop, a cabinet filled w/videos, a cabinet filled w/music, and a beautiful side board. ....I'm not a good player, but maybe I can play the player piano and play on my son's piano and 'rock' the house down!

Why are husband's so difficult?

Why did I think my DH was soooo smart when I first met him 15 years ago, and now I'm wondering if I'm not maybe smarter?

Why do I think I'm smarter?

Why don't sheep shrink in the rain?

Why are clouds white but rain is clear?

Why are hot plates called hot plates when they aren't a plate?

When is a cup a glass and when is a glass a cup? Why are the glasses we wear to see better not able to hold milk, like the glasses we drink out of?

Where did manners go? I don't see people practicing them anymore?

If patience is a virtue, do we not have any virtuous people around anymore?

Where is Janet? I was laughing so hard that I was crying, literally, when I read her post about the drive thru worker asking her if she wanted her food for here or to go. Now I can't find the post, so I couldn't reply to it. My dh was seriously wondering what was my problem. I couldn't even read the post to him and tears were coming out of my eyes. I could barely breathe. Sometimes things just strike me that funny. Not very often.

JAE said:
Where is Janet? I was laughing so hard that I was crying, literally, when I read her post about the drive thru worker asking her if she wanted her food for here or to go. Now I can't find the post, so I couldn't reply to it. My dh was seriously wondering what was my problem. I couldn't even read the post to him and tears were coming out of my eyes. I could barely breathe. Sometimes things just strike me that funny. Not very often.

I would have liked to have seen that.

And your monopoly post was funny! I can just see your boys trying to get set up in the back seat!

Next time - tell them to play Battleship!:D

<h2>1. What is the purpose of the "Random Thoughts" thread?</h2><p>The "Random Thoughts" thread is a place for people to share their musings, thoughts, or anything else that comes to mind. It is a way to connect with others and have fun discussions.</p><h2>2. How did the "Random Thoughts" thread start?</h2><p>The "Random Thoughts" thread was started by someone on a different discussion board who wanted a place to share their random thoughts. It has since been adopted by others and has become a popular thread on various online platforms.</p><h2>3. Can anyone post in the "Random Thoughts" thread?</h2><p>Yes, anyone can post in the "Random Thoughts" thread as long as they follow the guidelines and rules set by the specific platform or forum. It is meant to be a fun and inclusive space for everyone.</p><h2>4. Are there any specific topics that can be discussed in the "Random Thoughts" thread?</h2><p>No, there are no specific topics for the "Random Thoughts" thread. It is meant to be a free-flowing conversation where people can share whatever is on their mind at the moment.</p><h2>5. Is there a limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread?</h2><p>No, there is no limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread. However, it is important to be respectful of others and not dominate the conversation. Everyone should have a chance to share their thoughts.</p>

Related to Random Thoughts: A Fun Thread for Sharing Your Musings

1. What is the purpose of the "Random Thoughts" thread?

The "Random Thoughts" thread is a place for people to share their musings, thoughts, or anything else that comes to mind. It is a way to connect with others and have fun discussions.

2. How did the "Random Thoughts" thread start?

The "Random Thoughts" thread was started by someone on a different discussion board who wanted a place to share their random thoughts. It has since been adopted by others and has become a popular thread on various online platforms.

3. Can anyone post in the "Random Thoughts" thread?

Yes, anyone can post in the "Random Thoughts" thread as long as they follow the guidelines and rules set by the specific platform or forum. It is meant to be a fun and inclusive space for everyone.

4. Are there any specific topics that can be discussed in the "Random Thoughts" thread?

No, there are no specific topics for the "Random Thoughts" thread. It is meant to be a free-flowing conversation where people can share whatever is on their mind at the moment.

5. Is there a limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread?

No, there is no limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread. However, it is important to be respectful of others and not dominate the conversation. Everyone should have a chance to share their thoughts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Hathery
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • kam
  • General Chat
Replies