• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Tried Tastykakes? Share Your Thoughts!

In summary, people around the Philly to Jersey area seem to be craving them, but they are expensive to purchase in stores. There is a company that will send them to whoever requests them.
ragschef
does anyone around the philly to jersey area have access to tastykakes? I am craving them!!! One of the girls here at work is saving bags for me for a project that i am doing and I kept running across the drake's logo on some of the bags. then we got to talkin bout how there was really nothing better than a drake's coffee cake except a tastykake. any kind of tastykake... now i'm craving and there is NO WHERE in N Carolina to buy them that I know of and I really dont want to pay upwards of $45 for a large assortment. So if you have access to some yummy tastykakes, please email me at [email protected]

Thanks so much,

Go to their website, they will ship them to you!! I send them to troops downrange several times a year. They are super yummy and everyone (from the east coast or not) loves them!!

yeah but i dont want to pay that much. they were half the price they are now online when i bought them just 5 or 6 yrs ago. are they that expensive in the stores too?

We have Tastykakes here. I loved them as a kid, but when I've gotten them as an adult they just don't seem the same. What kind do you like? I can look into sending you some. I'll PM you. :)

I don't think that $20 is that bad for 25 cakes in the small classic collection. I don't know how much they are in stores. I have never lived on the east coast but I have been overseas for 4 years, so I can't even gauge the idea of what Little Debbie's go for anymore.

I miss Tastykakes too. I'm from Jersey, and we go to visit up there we always bring back porkroll and tastykakes. Also, if people want to visit they need to bring Jersey spoils before we let them in the door. ;)

babywings76 said:
We have Tastykakes here. I loved them as a kid, but when I've gotten them as an adult they just don't seem the same. What kind do you like? I can look into sending you some. I'll PM you. :)

You're WONDERFUL!!! THANK YOU!

niclowther said:
I miss Tastykakes too. I'm from Jersey, and we go to visit up there we always bring back porkroll and tastykakes. Also, if people want to visit they need to bring Jersey spoils before we let them in the door. ;)

Ahh! Yummy! Pork Roll!!! I grew up in Jersey, so we had pork roll a lot! I remember when I went away for college and would come back home I'd have a long list of foods that I wanted. Baked Ziti was one of them. Just couldn't find ziti noodles in Utah back then (I know they are more accessible out there now.) On the day I'd fly home, we'd stop at a local bagel shop and get "real" bagels and then we'd go to Dunkin Donuts (another place that didn't exist there). There was one time when I took back Pork Roll with me, too! :D

Real bagles...my fav. I love bread! And dunkin donuts never survive the 7hr drive back to WV. :p

Oh yes, Taylor Pork roll is so yummy!
When I was living in China (junior year of college, 1985) my parents sent me Tastycakes. They arrived spoiled, so I wrote a long letter to the company about how I was this Philly girl living on the other side of the world, and I missed my Tastycakes. A week or so later I got a big case delivered by express mail! I DID share with my dormmates - it was great!

I love Butterscotch Krimpets and Kandy Kakes.

Whenever I visit my parents, we have pizzasteaks and hoagies and pizza one night. We order one of each and share. DS loves east coast pizza (and Chicago-style too). It's also a treat for my parents, who are both on heart-healthy and diabetic-friendly diets.

Hm, those sound really familiar but I live on the West Coast, so I doubt I have ever tried any! lol

There was a company on-line that had a lot of items (food) they can send anywhere. These are things you remember as a kid - like candy you can't find anymore. Anyone remember wax lips - oh I'm showing my age!!

I'll have to try to find this site. I had it book marked on my old computer.

Wow, I haven't thought of wax lips for years. If I close my eyes, I can still smell them. (I don't know why I have to close my eyes to smell them, so don't ask.)

Well, I've never heard of tastykakes, but this thread has got me craving things that I only get when I head back to visit my family twice a year.

The Hot Dog Shoppe, Bruno's Pizza (my DS refers to it as the square pizza) and Snyder's potato chips

Everytime my friend comes "home" from Florida, I have to treat her to Happy Joe's taco pizza, and a Whitey's ice cream. They are sooo good. I couldn't imagine moving away from my 2 favorite places. LOL

I've never heard of tastykakes, what are they like?

I soo remember waxy lips! :p

erinb said:
Well, I've never heard of tastykakes, but this thread has got me craving things that I only get when I head back to visit my family twice a year.

The Hot Dog Shoppe, Bruno's Pizza (my DS refers to it as the square pizza) and Snyder's potato chips

We have Snyder's here in WV. And Mister Bee's- which I hate. I'm a Herr's girl!

I LOVE the tastykakes. There are no words how much. I now live near Pittsburgh and when I first moved here there were NONE. Can you believe I am on the other side of the state or the World??? No cheesesteaks, but there was something called a Philly Cheesesteak that was made with cubed steak and lettuce and tomato...No self respecting Philly girl would think about eating THAT!!

One glorious day I saw a truck that was like a mirage. A Tastykake truck, I followed it and there was a distribution plant right down the street from my apt. How could I have missed this?? Now I have them ALL the time!! If we could only work on the cheesesteak situation!

If you get to the Upstate of South Carolina we have them here! Wal-Mart has them!

Tastycakes. Never had one. But they must be good because every Janet Evanovich book w/Stephanie Plum has the girl solving all of her problems eating them.

That was my only thought when you said "Tastycakes"

They must be incredible...jusy like the books...when does the next one come out??????

1. What are Tastykakes and where can I find them?

Tastykakes are a brand of snack cakes that are popular in the Philadelphia and New Jersey area. They come in a variety of flavors such as chocolate, butterscotch, and peanut butter. You can find them at most grocery stores and convenience stores in the Philly and Jersey area.

2. Are Tastykakes better than Drake's Coffee Cakes?

This is a subjective question and it really depends on personal preference. Some people may prefer the taste of Tastykakes while others may prefer Drake's Coffee Cakes. It's best to try both and decide for yourself!

3. Can I find Tastykakes in North Carolina?

Unfortunately, Tastykakes are not widely available in North Carolina. You may be able to find them at specialty stores or online, but they may be more expensive than in the Philly and Jersey area.

4. Is it worth paying $45 for a large assortment of Tastykakes?

This also depends on personal preference. Some people may think it's worth it to satisfy their Tastykake cravings, while others may not want to spend that much money. It's ultimately up to you and your budget.

5. Can someone in the Philly or Jersey area send me some Tastykakes?

It's possible that someone in the Philly or Jersey area may be willing to send you some Tastykakes, but it's not guaranteed. It may be easier and more cost-effective to try and find them online or at a specialty store. However, if you have a friend or family member in the area, it never hurts to ask!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Laura4
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
CAPCnewbie
  • pamperedbecky
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Mel5497
  • DebbieSAChef