• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Random Thoughts: A Fun Thread for Sharing Your Musings

In summary, the conversation discusses both hate and love, random thoughts, how to avoid making mistakes while calling, and how to deal with aggressive drivers.
why am I on CS when I should be on the phone?

janetupnorth said:
Just play some music back! ;)

Ha! Since I posted its been a music war!!! He has his Polka - I blasted Billy Joel - He threw on Abba (which I do enjoy!) But had to blast my Jimmy Buffet - He just gave up when my 80' s cd came out - HA! I won!!

Random thought: The 80's totally rock!

I couldn't agree more, Dor (look, I made a rhyme...I'm a poet, and didn't know it....Ok, I'll stop!

My DH is constantly asking me if I will ever get into the millenium with t he music I listen to.....NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a proud moment today~DD & I were in the van, and I was surfing the music channels....."Miss American Pie" came on and she started singing along.........she is 8! Gotta love it!

Its all about the 80's in my house -
Best show ever ............ Don't forget the Lyrics -

Come Monday - it will be alright......... ( I know tomorrow is Tuesday, but it will feel like a Monday!)

I miss JB...............................don't rub it in, Dor!

Sorry Meg - he is just in the blood - Summer is over today so we need to keep it alive with him!!

Go see him - bring the kids - we are thinking of getting a bus next time - he only comes round every other year to Jones Beach -

always come to talk to me when the coast is clear!............

So last night we went to bed late about midnight, I just get settled in and all I can here is some people talking outside. A house a cross the street was having a party and there went outside and were getting loud. I think they had a few too many to drink. Then that stopped after about 20 min. and then my lovely DH started to snore:eek: and snore:eek: and snore:eek:.

I was ready to kill him in his sleep, so nedles to say I got next to no sleep :cry:last night. If he snores tonight I will kick him out of bed and send him down stairs to the couch.

I need some cooking shows!!!

Why aren't there coupons in the Sunday paper on holiday weekends?

JAE said:
Are you referring to this past weekend's paper? I got 1 set of coupons in the paper.

Well the Holland paper never has them on holiday weekends. But, after I typed that post, I opened up the Grand Rapids Sunday paper (yes I know it's Wednesday today), and there is a P&Gbrandsaver coupon magazine. It had what I was looking for, thankfully. I didn't see any other coupons, like smart source or the other regular ones.

PamperedDor said:
Random thought: The 80's totally rock!

I agree 1000%!!!!!
It is my favorite era of music. I usually tend to like the new wave aspect of it best (The Smiths, Depeche Mode, U2, INXS, etc). But, I love it ALL!!! I also love all the One-Hit Wonder songs!!!

My Random thought for the day is I can't stand my job and I can't stand my boss even more!!

pampcheflisa said:
I agree 1000%!!!!!
It is my favorite era of music. I usually tend to like the new wave aspect of it best (The Smiths, Depeche Mode, U2, INXS, etc). But, I love it ALL!!! I also love all the One-Hit Wonder songs!!!

My Random thought for the day is I can't stand my job and I can't stand my boss even more!!
I really like a lot of 80's music too, mostly mid to late.

I'm sorry you dislike your job and that you're grumpy. I still haven't taken a shower, yet, and I'm glad I was able to exercise this morning rather than rushing off to a job. I've never done well with a boss. But, I really do need to get off here and shower and get to the grocery store.

Maybe you can sing 80's tunes to yourself at work to make you happier. I have to admit that I really liked Duran Duran in junior high, which was late 83 through 85. That's when I really started listening to pop/rock. I liked Madonna, Michael Jackson, Bon Jovi and others too. Before that time I only listened to country music because that's what my dad listened to.

It's kind of funny because I was born in '76, so really I was little in the 80's, but I got "into" music at a very young age and asked for a radio for my room when I was 6. I liked "pop" music until I was in the 4th/5th grade and discovered INXS/U2/Duran Duran, etc and then I really got into that side of it. Today, my musical interests are very broad (with the exception of rap/r&b). I tolerate country and know a lot about it simply b/c of where I live. To this day though, I still tend to go to the "alternative" side, but I like a lot of stuff from classic rock to Josh Groban (though I am slightly embarrassed to admit)!!!

Ah well, the job thing....most of my grumpy-ness revolves around my boss being such a jerk. He has power/control issues and has ZERO respect for women. It's incredibly frustrating, but at this point I need my f/t job. One day, I'll be able to quit and stay home with my boys!!!

JAE said:

Different dates are scheduled to get different inserts. Sometimes there are none, one, or all of them!! Here is 2008 schedule:

V = Valassis
SS = SmartSource
2SS = two unique SmartSource inserts
P&G = Proctor and Gamble

January
6 — 2 SS; 2 V
13 — 2 SS
20 — SS; V; P&G
27 — SS; V

February
3 — SS; V
10 — SS; V
17 — SS; P&G
24 — SS; V

March
2 — SS; V; P&G
9 — SS; V
16 — SS; V
23 — No Inserts (Easter)
30 — SS; V

April
6 — SS; V; P&G
13 — SS; V
20 — SS; V (?)
27 — SS; V

May
4 — SS; V; P&G
11 — SS; V
18 — SS; V
25 — No Inserts (Memorial Day)

June
1 — SS; V; P&G
8 — SS; V
15 — SS
22 — SS; V
29 — SS; V

July
6 — No Inserts (July 4th); P&G (possibly)
13 — SS; V
20 — SS
27 — SS; V

August
3 — SS; V; P&G
10 — SS; V
17 — SS; V
24 — SS; V
31 — No Inserts (Labor Day)

September
7 — SS; V; P&G
14 — SS; V
21 — SS; V
28 — SS; V

October
5 — SS; V; P&G
12 — SS; V
19 — SS; V
26 — SS; V

November
2 — SS; V; P&G
9 — SS; V
16 — SS; V
23 — SS
30 — No Inserts (Thanksgiving)

December
7 — SS; V; P&G
14 — SS; V
21 — No Inserts (Christmas)
28 — No Inserts (New Year’s Day)

You may be getting older if you remember this song...

Shaun Cassidy - Da Doo Ron Ron...I heard it on XM radio this morning.

Why do the grocery store baggers always think I'm nuts when I don't want any bags? I don't need bags for just a couple items!

Laura420 said:
Why is it... the Dog always kisses you right after he has licked his b***s?

Cats always seem to do this too!

ChefLisa said:

When I was much younger, like maybe elementary school, my dad took me shopping to buy a Shawn Cassidy album. I loved Da Doo Ron Ron! My name is in the song.:love:

ChefLisa said:

OMGosh!I loved Shaun Cassidy! My sisters were gaga over his older brother, David!

Yep, I'm getting old!;)

kcjodih said:
Sorry, it's another way for saying 'idiot'.

AND I'm going in earlier today than he expects me to to start a discussion/have a confrontation with him. So not looking forward to it but woke up twice last night because some things were really bugging me so I have to air them and get it off my chest. Will I have a job at the end of the day? Who knows! Yesterday he was banging things around and started swearing after I replied to a comment he made and it sure wasn't pretty. He eventually apologized but after he left I thought of so many other things that needed to be said and cleared up that I'm not letting it go this time and it's on like donkey kong!

Wish me luck :)

Gee, he does sound like a knob!! Maybe doing PC full time would be a good thing for you! :)

feeling old here now with all the talk of the 80s.... (late 70's early 80's) for me... :)
bee Gee's, J giles band... etc....

Sarah, did you see the drummer having to chew his sticks to keep from losing it???!!!

That was a great skit~perked up my afternoon!

Just found this thread....great idea!

Random thoughts

My 4 YO DD is walking around with a fat lip after clowning around in the living room and smashing her teeth through her lip (not ALL the way...Thank God!).

I wish we had a Taco Bell on PEI!

Oh, and Keith Urban is HOT!!! Saw him in concert in Halifax on the weekend.....:love:

why are school days so short?????????????? off to get the kids now...........

chefmeg said:
Sarah, did you see the drummer having to chew his sticks to keep from losing it???!!!

That was a great skit~perked up my afternoon!

YES!! rofl. It's my favorite SNL skit.

"I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!!" :D

ChefLisa said:

Ha - that was my first ever concert!!!! I loved Shaun! My sister was the David Cassidy lover!

Who remembers the Bay City Rollers - I loved them!! LOL

chefmeg said:
why are school days so short?????????????? off to get the kids now...........

Mine don't start till tommorrow - Thank goodness for after school sports! 2 are gone at 6:30 am and back home at 4:30!

Why did my 4 yr old spray herself in the eye w my body spritz this afternoon?? Oh the drama...

why are teenagers SOOOO dramatic???:eek:

why am I procrastinating while the kids are sleeping??? I should be getting ready for my fall kick in Saturday.

wow.. my UPS man is HOT!!!!!:D:D:love:

PamperedDor said:
Ha - that was my first ever concert!!!! I loved Shaun! My sister was the David Cassidy lover!

Who remembers the Bay City Rollers - I loved them!! LOL

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y...night!!!!!!!!!

Oh Meg and I have WAYYYYY tooo much in common - could we be twins separated at birth? Hmmmmm...........

I called Les - he was my dream boy! LOL!

And to think Men looked that good in Plaid!

PChefPEI said:
I wish we had a Taco Bell on PEI!

How do you survive?????? That's our #1 fast food place.

Is PEI where Anne of Green Gables takes place or am I getting my books mixed up?

chefjeanine said:
How do you survive?????? That's our #1 fast food place.

Is PEI where Anne of Green Gables takes place or am I getting my books mixed up?

You are correct!

We went there on a vacation when I was a kid. It was so pretty but I did not appreciate it. A few years later I discovered the books, LOVE them!!!!

...what if I'm too stupid? :confused: I'm really nervous... :(

Registering for my GED tonight... 11 years later.

Good for you! You are not stupid, you've shown that by taking the first step. When I get nervous I give myself the best peptalk.. Like I'm a tough A$$ B____ and I'm going to kick butt on what ever it is because I can and I don't give up! Prove it to YOU not anyone else. And do it for YOU!
Good luck and I will be here rooting for you!
Tammy

Admin Greg is great! :)

you can pick your friends ... and you can pick your nose ... but you cant wipe your friends on the back of the couch

I can't wait for all the shows to be back on tv. I love :love: sitcoms.

chefjeanine said:
Thanks! This was great. :D

By the way, I love the picture of your kitty. How many cats do you have? We have two.

I have seven cats! I started with two then started rescuing cats and well, lol.. occupational hazzard. :) They are all sweet and wonderful cats and luckily they all get along.

Today's random thought....why do people always have to paint their ceilings white?

PChefPEI said:
Today's random thought....why do people always have to paint their ceilings white?
That's to give the illusion that it's higher than it is, opening up the room and making it feel bigger.

When DH and I were househunting before we got married, one home we went through had a fairly small bathroom that was completely wallpapered with a black-background paper - including the ceiling! The room felt even smaller than it was because it was like walking into a cave.

chefann said:
That's to give the illusion that it's higher than it is, opening up the room and making it feel bigger.

When DH and I were househunting before we got married, one home we went through had a fairly small bathroom that was completely wallpapered with a black-background paper - including the ceiling! The room felt even smaller than it was because it was like walking into a cave.

Thanks Ann.....but really, wallpapered ceiling???? Who DOES THAT?? :confused:

That was our thought, too. It was black paper with little teeny purple flowers on it. And all the fixtures in the bathroom were purple. So much like walking into a hole!

<h2>1. What is the purpose of the "Random Thoughts" thread?</h2><p>The "Random Thoughts" thread is a place for people to share their musings, thoughts, or anything else that comes to mind. It is a way to connect with others and have fun discussions.</p><h2>2. How did the "Random Thoughts" thread start?</h2><p>The "Random Thoughts" thread was started by someone on a different discussion board who wanted a place to share their random thoughts. It has since been adopted by others and has become a popular thread on various online platforms.</p><h2>3. Can anyone post in the "Random Thoughts" thread?</h2><p>Yes, anyone can post in the "Random Thoughts" thread as long as they follow the guidelines and rules set by the specific platform or forum. It is meant to be a fun and inclusive space for everyone.</p><h2>4. Are there any specific topics that can be discussed in the "Random Thoughts" thread?</h2><p>No, there are no specific topics for the "Random Thoughts" thread. It is meant to be a free-flowing conversation where people can share whatever is on their mind at the moment.</p><h2>5. Is there a limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread?</h2><p>No, there is no limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread. However, it is important to be respectful of others and not dominate the conversation. Everyone should have a chance to share their thoughts.</p>

Related to Random Thoughts: A Fun Thread for Sharing Your Musings

1. What is the purpose of the "Random Thoughts" thread?

The "Random Thoughts" thread is a place for people to share their musings, thoughts, or anything else that comes to mind. It is a way to connect with others and have fun discussions.

2. How did the "Random Thoughts" thread start?

The "Random Thoughts" thread was started by someone on a different discussion board who wanted a place to share their random thoughts. It has since been adopted by others and has become a popular thread on various online platforms.

3. Can anyone post in the "Random Thoughts" thread?

Yes, anyone can post in the "Random Thoughts" thread as long as they follow the guidelines and rules set by the specific platform or forum. It is meant to be a fun and inclusive space for everyone.

4. Are there any specific topics that can be discussed in the "Random Thoughts" thread?

No, there are no specific topics for the "Random Thoughts" thread. It is meant to be a free-flowing conversation where people can share whatever is on their mind at the moment.

5. Is there a limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread?

No, there is no limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread. However, it is important to be respectful of others and not dominate the conversation. Everyone should have a chance to share their thoughts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Hathery
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • kam
  • General Chat
Replies