• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Random Thoughts: A Fun Thread for Sharing Your Musings

In summary, the conversation discusses both hate and love, random thoughts, how to avoid making mistakes while calling, and how to deal with aggressive drivers.
That's funny, Ann! I thought the house my Mom looked at years ago with all the neon coloured walls was bad!!!

Here's my random thought for the day:http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/funny-pictures-your-cat-will-sleep-for-food.jpg

random thought............why do men blow little things totally out of proportion????????????

I hate changing diapers!! :yuck::yuck:Why aren't kids born potty trained??

Will I ever get to watch the new 90210 episode I tivo'd the other night??

chefmeg said:
random thought............why do men blow little things totally out of proportion????????????

I don't blow things out of proportion! I'm highly offended! :) I'm so offended I need to find someone to rant and rave to about blowing this out of proportion. I will make this into a mountian even if it kills me!!... :)

okay I'll put my soap box away begfore I get my butt kicked.... :)

Last edited:
Ollie (our Chocolate Lab) passed his last post op checkup with flying colors! As long as he stays away from panties FOREVER...all will be fine. That is until he finds some other smelly thing to lodge in his intestines!!!

erinyourpclady said:
Ollie (our Chocolate Lab) passed his last post op checkup with flying colors! As long as he stays away from panties FOREVER...all will be fine. That is until he finds some other smelly thing to lodge in his intestines!!!

ROFLOL!!! This made me laugh as our last dog, Nacho, had 2 (yes, 2!!) operations to remove clothing from his stomach! :eek: Poor pooch...just couldn't resist the lace, I guess!

BTW, that's NOT why we had to put him down!

Another random thought.....why do idiots who are obviously quite capable of walking have to park in handicap zones....:grumpy:....that just burns my ar$e!!!

PChefPEI said:
Another random thought.....why do idiots who are obviously quite capable of walking have to park in handicap zones....:grumpy:....that just burns my ar$e!!!

not trying to be combative or anything, but some people need the handicap parking space even if they are not physically disabled. My mother has severe asthma and a low functioning immune system, and sometimes she can get so sick, but "looks fine" and can walk fine, but can't breathe well. Now, if she's feeling well, she won't park there, but there are times she needs to use it and I wonder what people think b/c she doesn't "look" handicapped.

again, not trying to sound combative, just wanted to let you know not everyone is trying to cheat the system.

ETA - if they don't have a handicap sign and still park there - that burns me up too!!!

pampcheflisa said:
not trying to be combative or anything, but some people need the handicap parking space even if they are not physically disabled. My mother has severe asthma and a low functioning immune system, and sometimes she can get so sick, but "looks fine" and can walk fine, but can't breathe well. Now, if she's feeling well, she won't park there, but there are times she needs to use it and I wonder what people think b/c she doesn't "look" handicapped.

again, not trying to sound combative, just wanted to let you know not everyone is trying to cheat the system.

ETA - if they don't have a handicap sign and still park there - that burns me up too!!!

Sorry Lisa....didn't mean to offend...sure wasn't my intention....it's just that coming back to work from lunch, a young, obviously healthy girl, parked in a handicap zone because it was close to the door and it is difficult to get a parking spot close by, I know. The first thing I did look for was a handicap sign in the car. I do realize that some people don't "look" handicapped. My mom had one too and she didn't "look" sick.

Friends? :)

Why does my DH have to start a conversation with me as I am trying to walk out the door?

PChefPEI said:
Sorry Lisa....didn't mean to offend...sure wasn't my intention....it's just that coming back to work from lunch, a young, obviously healthy girl, parked in a handicap zone because it was close to the door and it is difficult to get a parking spot close by, I know. The first thing I did look for was a handicap sign in the car. I do realize that some people don't "look" handicapped. My mom had one too and she didn't "look" sick.

Friends? :)

Oh, I was not offended at all, and people like that really irritate me. This may be kind of awful to say, but when my mom is not feeling well and parks in a handicap spot and I'm with her, I just cringe b/c I am very sensitive to what other people are thinking. I know they probably think we don't need to park there, even though she really does. My boss does this at work, granted it's a private parking lot, but he'll park in the handicap spot if there is not a close one available and it really bothers me. So, if it's being abused, I completely agree with you!! No offense taken at all and of course friends!!!

BTW - random thought.......I visited PEI/NS in '96 and every time I see your screen name, it brings back memories of an awesome vacation!!! Peggy's Cove ROCKS!!!!!

pampcheflisa said:
BTW - random thought.......I visited PEI/NS in '96 and every time I see your screen name, it brings back memories of an awesome vacation!!! Peggy's Cove ROCKS!!!!!

Random thought: my brain totally misread part of this sentence as a dirty word! :eek: (It doesn't help that there's a commercial on TV right now for a male enhancement drug.)

chefann said:
Random thought: my brain totally misread part of this sentence as a dirty word! :eek: (It doesn't help that there's a commercial on TV right now for a male enhancement drug.)

OMG Ann, you are TOO MUCH!!! ROFLOL!!! That is too funny....

And, Lisa, if you ever do come this way again, make sure to look me up! We'll go to the big city of Charlottetown and park way far away from any blue spots!! LOL :p

chefann said:

OMG.......I am rolling on the floor!! I did not realize at all what I typed until you pointed it out. I should edit it and switch it around, but will leave it alone for comedic purposes!!

pampcheflisa said:

I hate when people (who again do not have the sign in their car) say...I am not parking in a handicap spot, I am just stopping and or waiting for someone.

Why must people leave their shopping carts in the handicap spots, the parking lot aisles, etc???

ChefLisa said:
Why must people leave their shopping carts in the handicap spots, the parking lot aisles, etc???

Oooh, this is a HUGE pet peeve of mine!!
Why can't people take the carts where they belong??? Grrrr.

My random thought - why is it when you open a new box of Kleenex, 5 of them come out at first???

chefann said:

I thought the same thing. Dirty minds think a like.:blushing:

I have two random thoughts...

How in the world are you supposed to clean a Playdoh extruder???:cry::eek:
(you know...you push the playdoh through different holes to make different shapes of tubes and such)

AND

Why aren't teenagers given the ability to make decisions that are based on more than just the "now" so they don't mess up their entire ADULT lives?!!? :eek::mad::confused::cry:

why do boys have cooties?

i've been out on 3 double dates with this person. i gave him my phone number saturday. he looked really happy and asked when to call, i said pretty much anytime up till 9:30 pm. it's thurs nite...no call.

why ask when to call when you're not going to call?

keep in mind we are in our 40s!

grrrrrr!

susanr613 said:
why do boys have cooties?

i've been out on 3 double dates with this person. i gave him my phone number saturday. he looked really happy and asked when to call, i said pretty much anytime up till 9:30 pm. it's thurs nite...no call.

why ask when to call when you're not going to call?

keep in mind we are in our 40s!

grrrrrr!

Remember calling later for us mean within 24-48 hours. For them it means within 2 weeks.

40's or not, boys will be boys. ;)

I hate trying to figure out what to make for the next 2 weeks.

Then I have to go grocery shopping. Yuck

thanks for the giggle janet :)

why does flylady send so many d@mn emails??? I signed up and got about 14 emails the 1st day~this is supposed to help me be more productive....NOT!

chefmeg said:
why does flylady send so many d@mn emails??? I signed up and got about 14 emails the 1st day~this is supposed to help me be more productive....NOT!

I block all flylady emails except the emails from Kelly.

chefmeg said:

You don't have to get the emails. :) I like her book "sink reflections".

I did learn a few things from her, I just couldn't keep up with the emails...it was very overwhelming and I stopped the whole thing altogether....I spend enough time on the computer as is :blushing:;):blushing:

chefmeg said:
I did learn a few things from her, I just couldn't keep up with the emails...it was very overwhelming and I stopped the whole thing altogether....I spend enough time on the computer as is :blushing:;):blushing:

That's why I like the book. It was less overwhelming and I was able to go at my own pace. Should still be following it. . .I hate to clean and mostly don't. :blushing:

I will have to check that one out, then! I am with you on the hate to clean boat!

I am baby sitting a monkey right now.

I have a little girl here who climbs on everything. She will climb up bunk beds without a ladder or even a dresser by the bed and she is not even 2

Jennie4PC said:
I have a little girl here who climbs on everything. She will climb up bunk beds without a ladder or even a dresser by the bed and she is not even 2

Well, good luck with that!:eek:

Jennie4PC said:

Okay, so not a REAL monkey.

There is a lady who lives a few blocks from my house who has (had?) a monkey. She is in a wheelchair. I think the monkey was her helper.

I am responsible for .15% of the total posts on CS.

Ann is reponsible for 3.4% of the total posts on CS.

ChefLisa said:

That's way too analytical to be random. ;)

janetupnorth said:
That's way too analytical to be random. ;)

I am randomly analytical!

janetupnorth said:
Well then I must be analytically random. ;)

Now my brain is starting to hurt! I think it might be floating away1:balloon:

ChefLisa said:

How on EARTH did you figure that out? :confused:

kcjodih said:
How on EARTH did you figure that out? :confused:

On the home page, there's a total number of posts. Divide your post count by the total posts, then multiply that result by 100. That's the percentage of total posts that you're responsible for.

For example: 18,255 ÷ 535,158 = .03411; .03411 x 100 = 3.41 = 3.42% of the total posts.

chefmeg said:

I must agree. That's why I stopped getting her emails. I do have my routines layed out though....now to follow them!! HA HA :rolleyes:

Jennie4PC said:

Makes me think of my DD who plays trick ridder on her rocking horse! Guess I shouldn't have taken her to see them during our fair this summer!! :p I guess as long as she doesn't get another busted lip, we'll be fine! :)

Why does my DD always want what I don't have at the moment?? For example, last night, there was one egg left. So this is how the conversation went:
Me: "Do you want it hard boiled or fried?"
DD: "I want two"
Me: "There's only one egg, how do you want it?"
Okay, so you get the picture. I just ignored her after a while and she finally made up her mind...had it fried! :) What a girl!

PChefPEI said:
Why does my DD always want what I don't have at the moment?? For example, last night, there was one egg left. So this is how the conversation went:
Me: "Do you want it hard boiled or fried?"
Okay, so you get the picture. I just ignored her after a while and she finally made up her mind...had it fried! :) What a girl!

Do you think your DD and my DS were separated at birth, I have conversations like these every day. I agree that after a few times, just ignore it. My DS knows how to play me like a fiddle and he's FOUR!!!

Random Thought - Are you ready for some FOOTBALL??
I am!!! Go COWBOYS!!!!!

pampcheflisa said:
Do you think your DD and my DS were separated at birth, I have conversations like these every day. I agree that after a few times, just ignore it. My DS knows how to play me like a fiddle and he's FOUR!!!
Random Thought - Are you ready for some FOOTBALL??
I am!!! Go COWBOYS!!!!!

YEP! I think they were....sounds like they're twins. When's his birhday? My DD is July 22. She only acts like this with me too....and the fact that she gets what she wants with everyone else does not help! :grumpy:

No, no football...not a big fan....

Random thought - Why can I be married to Keith Urban?? :p :love:

PChefPEI said:
YEP! I think they were....sounds like they're twins. When's his birhday? My DD is July 22. She only acts like this with me too....and the fact that she gets what she wants with everyone else does not help! :grumpy:

No, no football...not a big fan....

Random thought - Why can I be married to Keith Urban?? :p :love:

His b-day is May 24, he's a Gemini and a TRUE one!! Gemini is known as the twins and it's true, he can be like two separate people. Of course, I get the brunt of all his bad behavior, for others, he can be an angel.

On the other hand - MY b-day is July 23 :D

I can't help but love football, I grew up in Football country and was a cheerleader all through elementary/Junior High/and HS!!

<h2>1. What is the purpose of the "Random Thoughts" thread?</h2><p>The "Random Thoughts" thread is a place for people to share their musings, thoughts, or anything else that comes to mind. It is a way to connect with others and have fun discussions.</p><h2>2. How did the "Random Thoughts" thread start?</h2><p>The "Random Thoughts" thread was started by someone on a different discussion board who wanted a place to share their random thoughts. It has since been adopted by others and has become a popular thread on various online platforms.</p><h2>3. Can anyone post in the "Random Thoughts" thread?</h2><p>Yes, anyone can post in the "Random Thoughts" thread as long as they follow the guidelines and rules set by the specific platform or forum. It is meant to be a fun and inclusive space for everyone.</p><h2>4. Are there any specific topics that can be discussed in the "Random Thoughts" thread?</h2><p>No, there are no specific topics for the "Random Thoughts" thread. It is meant to be a free-flowing conversation where people can share whatever is on their mind at the moment.</p><h2>5. Is there a limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread?</h2><p>No, there is no limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread. However, it is important to be respectful of others and not dominate the conversation. Everyone should have a chance to share their thoughts.</p>

Related to Random Thoughts: A Fun Thread for Sharing Your Musings

1. What is the purpose of the "Random Thoughts" thread?

The "Random Thoughts" thread is a place for people to share their musings, thoughts, or anything else that comes to mind. It is a way to connect with others and have fun discussions.

2. How did the "Random Thoughts" thread start?

The "Random Thoughts" thread was started by someone on a different discussion board who wanted a place to share their random thoughts. It has since been adopted by others and has become a popular thread on various online platforms.

3. Can anyone post in the "Random Thoughts" thread?

Yes, anyone can post in the "Random Thoughts" thread as long as they follow the guidelines and rules set by the specific platform or forum. It is meant to be a fun and inclusive space for everyone.

4. Are there any specific topics that can be discussed in the "Random Thoughts" thread?

No, there are no specific topics for the "Random Thoughts" thread. It is meant to be a free-flowing conversation where people can share whatever is on their mind at the moment.

5. Is there a limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread?

No, there is no limit to how many random thoughts can be shared in the thread. However, it is important to be respectful of others and not dominate the conversation. Everyone should have a chance to share their thoughts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Hathery
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • kam
  • General Chat
Replies