• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick & Easy Savory Demo Recipes for American Food

In summary, many of the recipes for 4th of July food are Mexican, Italian, Greek, Asian...etc. American food that is quick and easy can be a grilled chesse sandwich, hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, dip. The recipe for the trifle that was found on Joyce's Fine Cooking sounds great for summer picnics or family get togethers.
ChefNic
Any ideas for good demo recipes for savory food?

I think I'll make a red/white/ blue trifle...but what for the savory recipe!?
So many PC recipes are Mexican, Italian, Greek, Asian...etc...
Can someone suggest a good ole American food that would be quick and easy!??!?
I have 8 shows currently on my June schedule...and I want it EASY! but GOOD... and SHOW WORTHY!! :)

Many of the ones I"m seeing ...like potato salad, or the BLT dip...are supposed to refrigerate for 1-2 hours!!

Help!
TIA!

Geez, I'm never good with recipes. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of 4th of July are grilled chesse sandwiches, hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, dip....etc. I'll keep thinking and post as soon as I have it....LOL. Sorry I couldn't be more help right now. Good luck! :eek:

Here's a PC recipe I found on Joyce's Fine Cooking. Sounds great for summer picnics or family get togethers. Or you could do a traditional seven layer salad in the trifle bowl. Either way sounds yummy!

Seven Layer Salad Squares

Ingredients:
2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup spoonable salad dressing (see Cook's Tip)
1 garlic clove, pressed
6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled, divided
1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided
3 plum tomatoes, sliced
2 cups thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Unroll one package of crescent dough across
one end of bar pan with longest sides of dough across width
of pan. Repeat with remaining package of dough, filling pan. Using a baker's
roller, roll dough to seal seams and press up sides to form crust.
Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven to cooling rack;

cool completely.

2. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, salad dressing and
garlic; whisk until smooth. Add half of the bacon and half of the peas;

mix well. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over crust.

3. Slice tomatoes; arrange over cream cheese mixture. Thinly slice lettuce.

Grate cheddar cheese& coarsely chop red onion. Sprinkle remaining bacon,

remaining peas, lettuce, cheddar cheese and onion evenly over tomatoes.

Cut into squares & serve.

Yield: 24 appetizers

Last edited:
BTW - You can make the crust ahead of time.

Hmmmm.... all that is coming to me is great BBQ side dishes or salads. Some of the recipes from teh spin on salads booklet might be good--I've made two of them and really liked them (the grilled chicken/peach one and the candied spinach bacon one). They aren't really the kind of thing I would think to do at a show but maybe those would work. Other salads that don't need chill time--a warm potato salad or some kind of a cole slaw? I'm sure you could find a basic recipe and PC it up to show off products. Or what about making something ahead so it has chill time but then just describing how you made it?

How about something that's related to "Fair Food" - mini corn dogs. Make a cornbread mix and put 1 small scoop into each well of the mini muffin pan. Cut hot dogs into bite size pieces and push one piece into each well. Bake as directed for mini muffins.Since July is usually a good month for keeping the kitchen cool, I also recommend the Clubhouse Chicken Squares (All the Best). You can prebake the crust, and just do the rest. They're really good, show a ton of products, and get rave reviews.

I've made both the Seven Layer Salad Squares and Clubhouse Chicken squares and have gotten rave reviews!

I thought the idea about the mini corn dog things were neat. Remember, HOT DOGS, BASEBALL, APPLE PIE AND CHEVROLET!!

I haven't made either the Seven Layer Salad Squares or the Clubhouse Chicken Squares...but I may have to consider them...
I"m leaning toward the clubhouse ones...hmmm...
Do you all refrigerate it ??? (It says refrigerate 30 minutes)...or just serve it right away at shows?
I'm planning on making a trifle ahead and refrigerating it during the demo...and the appetizer just demo and serve...

The BBQ beef Bundles...from years ago...would be great...but they take too long baking after preparing...and I don't want to heat up the house...It's hot here in SC!!

Thanks for all the suggests...I better go ahead and claim a June recipe !!! So my hosts won't think i've forgotten about them!
LOL

I was thinking you cannot get more American than apple pie! So, maybe something with apples. I have 2 weeks in July that I cannot do shows, so,I am not planning a big July.

Those Seven Layer Salad Sqaures sound good!

And the Mini Corn dogs sound so cute! Especially if kids were going to be around the show.

jrstephens said:
I was thinking you cannot get more American than apple pie! So, maybe something with apples. I have 2 weeks in July that I cannot do shows, so,I am not planning a big July.

I can only do shows the first 8 days of July...the National Conference and an overseas trip...so....I'm not doing much in July either, but I want to do 4th of July in JUNE...to give people ideas of 4th of July recipes...red/white/blue desserts... etc... So this is for my June shows...

Once July hits...it is basically too late to do 4th of July theme shows!

ChefNic said:
I can only do shows the first 8 days of July...the National Conference and an overseas trip...so....I'm not doing much in July either, but I want to do 4th of July in JUNE...to give people ideas of 4th of July recipes...red/white/blue desserts... etc... So this is for my June shows...

Once July hits...it is basically too late to do 4th of July theme shows!

Great Idea! I had not though of that!

ChefNic said:
I haven't made either the Seven Layer Salad Squares or the Clubhouse Chicken Squares...but I may have to consider them...
I"m leaning toward the clubhouse ones...hmmm...
Do you all refrigerate it ??? (It says refrigerate 30 minutes)...or just serve it right away at shows?
At shows, I serve it right away. It's really good....

Cool ...then does Clubhouse Chicken Squares and Triple Berry Trifle sound good?
This is the worst part for me...deciding what to make!!
So if this is the hardest part of my job...I think I'll keep it!

LOL
What are you all making in June?

That sounds good. Do you demo 2 recipes? I've been trying to stick with 1 and a beverage.

The clubhouse chicken squares are very good. I have made them both for an open house and a cooking show. I made the crust ahead of time and just did the toppings. Good demo. I serve them right away. Everyone loved them.

I looked for the Triple Berry Trifle recipe and can't find it in files. Can someone post this for me.

Thanks!!

It can be found in both of the trifle booklets in the files section - simply search for trifle. Here it is copied from the booklet.

Triple Berry Trifle
1 cup LAND O LAKES® Sour Cream
1 3/4 cups milk
1 (0.9-ounce) package vanilla sugar-free instant pudding and pie filling*
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/2 (10-inch) angel food cake, torn into bite-size pieces
2 pints (4 cups) assorted fresh berries (strawberries, hulled and sliced, blueberries and raspberries)
1. Place sour cream in large bowl; gradually stir in milk with wire whisk until smooth. Continue stirring, gradually adding pudding and lemon peel, until well mixed and thickened (1 to 2 minutes).
2. Layer half of cake pieces, 1 1/2 cups berries and half of pudding mixture in 2-quart serving bowl . Repeat layers. Arrange remaining berries on top. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Makes 10 servings.

*Substitute 1 (3 1/2-ounce) package vanilla instant pudding and pie filling.

The Triple Berry Trifle is in S/S SBRC '04 ...the one with the wraps on front.

TRIPLE BERRY TRIFLE
<FRESH BERRIES AND ANGEL FOOD CAKE COME TOGETHER FOR A LIGHT DESSERT WITH A PATRIOTIC TWIST>

1 prepared angel food cake (13 oz)
1 lemon
1 quart strawberries, (about 1 pound) hulled and chopped
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 pint blueberries, divided
8 oz light whipped topping, thawed, divided
2 container (6 oz each ) blended fruit raspberry low-fat yogurt
raspberries for garnish (optional)

1. Cut angel food cake into 1-inch cubes with Serrated Bread Knife, place in large Colander Bowl and set aside.
2. Zest lemon with Lemon Zester/Scorer (or Microplane) to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 Tablespoons juice. Reserve one strawberry for garnish. Hull remaining strawberries using Cook's Corer. Coarsley chop strawberries using Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine lemon zest, juice, strawberries and powdered sugar; mix well using Classic Scraper. Reserve 1/4 cup of the blueberries for garnish. Add remaining blueberries to strawberry mixture; mix gently.
3. In Small Batter Bowl, combine 2 cups of the whipped topping and yogurt using Small Mix "N Scraper. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent Decorator; fill with remaining whipped topping.
4. To assemble trifle, place one-third of the cake cubes into bottom of Chillzanne Bowl(TRIFLE!). Top with one-third of the berry mixture and one-third of the yogurt mixture, spreading evenly. Repeat layers two more times. Pipe rosettes of reserved whipped topping around edge of bowl. Create a strawberry fan with reserved strawberry. Garnish trifle with strawberry fan, reserved blueberries and raspberries, if desired.
Refrigerate 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
YIELD: 10 servings

Ok...I think I fixed all my typos!! LOL

Last edited:
chefann said:
That sounds good. Do you demo 2 recipes? I've been trying to stick with 1 and a beverage.

I know you did not ask me but .......... I only do one. I did two at first when I strated but have cut it to one. It has been good for me. Makes my shows go quicker and has not hurt my sales at all. I do tell my host that I can provide them with a did recipe or something simple if they want to prepare a second one before the show.

I am running a special for June that if they have 12 attending guest, I will do a free dessert trying to up attendance and sales for SellaThon.

Tasha and Nicole, thanks for the trifle recipes. Have either of you made these before? Interersted in how they taste.

I haven't made the trifle...but am confident in PC recipes..it will be good!

I make two recipes. I've had this discussion many times, and the way I see it is ... people know PC has good food, and they come wanting to eat!
I still tell my hosts...'we aren't feeding them a meal'...
I don't want my hosts to feel they need to cook...I want to be able to say "You invite the people, and I'll do the rest" or "I'll cook and take my dirty dishes home!"

When I started PC...it was "Demo TWO recipes" !!! Then a few years back..."Demo one have the other done ahead of time" So I've stuck with that.

The wonderful thing about this company is ...do whatever works for you!

It would make my time at the host house easier and faster... No doubt!!
I DO however...tell my hosts..."If you only want one recipe, that's fine, just let me know which one you want" and I give them the savory and sweet options that I'm doing for the month. If it is their decision to only have one recipe...that's fine. And I don't want them to feel they have to buy a lot of ingredients.

I've asked my director (a SED) about one vs. two recipes...and she still does two...she feels the same as me.

My upline sent me the file she has started using so I figured I would give it a try. Since using this method I have had 2- $1000 shows. Previously I had none. I dont know if its the incentive or what but it seems to be working. If they choose the 3 recipes I make the B & C recipe before the show. I do however go over briefly with guests how I made them then I demo the main recipe. Kristi

Attachments

• Recipe-choice -letter- MAY.doc
    48.5 KB · Views: 395
Hi,
How about the Southwestern 7 layer salad with red beans, Blue corn chips and Monterey Cheese. This recipe was in our old Salad recipe cards and I have done this before for June shows. Enjoy.

Deb Z.

4th of July recipesHi,

How about the Seven-Layer Southwestern Salad using red beans and red pepper, Blue corn chips and Monterey Jack cheese. This recipe was in our old salad recipe cards. It is colorful and perfect for June shows.

Enjoy,

Deb Z.:)

A good recipe for Summer is Smoky BBQ Sandwiches!! They are YUMMY!!! :), Also a great seller for the Deep Covered Baker, and Smoky BBQ Rub....

1 ½ Lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
2 Teaspoon Garlic Oil
1 ½ Tbsp Pampered Chef Smoky BBQ Rub
Large Onion & Pepper
24 Soft Dinner Rolls
Place Chicken in Deep Covered Baker. Brush with Garlic Oil. Sprinkle with BBQ Rub and place in microwave for 13 minutes. Remove and Chop chicken with Food Chopper. Meanwhile cut onion and pepper and sauté on stove top until tender. Slice dinner rolls.
SAUCE:
1 Cup Ketchup
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
¼ Cup of Light Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Pampered Chef Smoky BBQ Rub
Add Vinegar to Small Micro Cooker, Ketchup, sugar and rub. Stir with Nylon Mix N Masher. Microwave 2 minutes. Stir and serve or stir into chopped chicken.
FYI... You can also use a pork loin, and cut the meat with the Salad Chopper

Pamperedpatty68 said:
A good recipe for Summer is Smoky BBQ Sandwiches!! They are YUMMY!!! :), Also a great seller for the Deep Covered Baker, and Smoky BBQ Rub....

1 ½ Lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
2 Teaspoon Garlic Oil
1 ½ Tbsp Pampered Chef Smoky BBQ Rub
Large Onion & Pepper
24 Soft Dinner Rolls
Place Chicken in Deep Covered Baker. Brush with Garlic Oil. Sprinkle with BBQ Rub and place in microwave for 13 minutes. Remove and Chop chicken with Food Chopper. Meanwhile cut onion and pepper and sauté on stove top until tender. Slice dinner rolls.
SAUCE:
1 Cup Ketchup
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
¼ Cup of Light Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Pampered Chef Smoky BBQ Rub
Add Vinegar to Small Micro Cooker, Ketchup, sugar and rub. Stir with Nylon Mix N Masher. Microwave 2 minutes. Stir and serve or stir into chopped chicken.
FYI... You can also use a pork loin, and cut the meat with the Salad Chopper

Couldn't you just put the peppers & onions in the DCB with the chicken and cook it all at the same time, saving time and dishes? Has anyone tried it that way?

ChefPaulaB said:
Couldn't you just put the peppers & onions in the DCB with the chicken and cook it all at the same time, saving time and dishes? Has anyone tried it that way?

Yes I cook onions with the chicken.
Chip w/ salad choppers
Add BBq sauce made with rub.

Nuke another 2 mins to warm it all.

YUM!

Although sauteing on the stove shows cookware

How about the BBQ pork tenderloin in the DCB in the microwave? What is more American than pork BBQ???

I guess because I live in a region that takes it's BBQ seriously, I think of that as one of the most essential American foods!!!

When I was growing up in California, BBQ was anything cooked on a grill, in the South, BBQ is like a cult or religion for some people. Families have been split assunder with the argument of "Is the sauce vinegar based or tomato based?" (just kidding, sort of).

You would not find a real BBQ restaurant anywhere in Eastern Carolina that would serve a tomato based BBQ sauce!!!

shelly.nurse said:
You would not find a real BBQ restaurant anywhere in Eastern Carolina that would serve a tomato based BBQ sauce!!!

That's the truth! And, in the Western part of North Carolina, you'd have a hard time finding BBQ Sauce with vinegar. When I was at Teacher Academy at App. State last summer, they had a BBQ dinner for one night and had 2 sauces labled, East and West for both regions.

1. I think I'll make a red/white/ blue trifle...but what for the savory recipe!?

One idea for a savory recipe to complement your red/white/blue trifle could be a grilled chicken and vegetable skewer. Simply marinate chunks of chicken, bell peppers, onions, and cherry tomatoes in a mixture of olive oil, garlic, and your choice of herbs and spices. Then, skewer and grill until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are slightly charred. This dish is quick, easy, and offers a patriotic touch with the red, white, and blue colors of the vegetables.

2. So many PC recipes are Mexican, Italian, Greek, Asian...etc...

If you're looking for a classic American dish, a BBQ pulled pork sandwich could be a great option. Slow cook a pork shoulder with BBQ sauce and spices until it's tender and easily shredded. Serve on a soft bun with coleslaw and pickles for a delicious and easy American meal.

3. Can someone suggest a good ole American food that would be quick and easy!??!?

Another quick and easy American dish could be a meatloaf. Simply mix ground beef, breadcrumbs, eggs, and your choice of seasonings together, form into a loaf, and bake in the oven. Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans for a classic American meal.

4. I have 8 shows currently on my June schedule...and I want it EASY! but GOOD... and SHOW WORTHY!! :-)

A crowd-pleasing dish that is also easy to prepare and visually appealing could be a loaded baked potato bar. Bake potatoes and set out a variety of toppings such as cheese, bacon, sour cream, chives, and broccoli for guests to create their own loaded potatoes. This dish is easy to prepare and allows for customization to cater to different tastes.

5. Many of the ones I"m seeing ...like potato salad, or the BLT dip...are supposed to refrigerate for 1-2 hours!! Help! TIA!

If you're looking for a savory dish that doesn't require refrigeration, individual mini quiches could be a great option. Simply mix eggs, milk, cheese, and your choice of fillings (such as spinach and feta or ham and cheddar) and pour into a muffin tin. Bake until set and serve as a delicious and portable savory snack.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
avelissar
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kam
  • LBurke