• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Savory Salad Recipe Should I Make in a Trifle Bowl?

on top?Yes, it would be super fun! You could put a layer of potatoes, then eggs, then biscuits and gravy.
janezapchef
Gold Member
Hi there,
What is your favorite salad or savory recipe to make in the trifle bowl? I'm having my open house Saturday, and I want to showcase the trifle bowl. I'm making the pb trifle (Janet's), but I want something savory in it too. I looked at the trifle bowl salads file, but there are so many recipes there I can't choose. Any insight into the good ones would be great!
TIA,
Jane :)

you can make an italian 3 bean salad in it... this way it will look christmassy too. Layer the green beans, then chickpeas, and red kidney beans...

MANDARIN ORANGE SALAD 3 to 4 c. salad greens broken (leaf, Bibb lettuce, spinach)
1/4 c. sliced onions
1 (11 oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained
1/4 c. slivered almonds, toasted in butter
1/4 c. vegetable oil
2 tbsp. vinegar
2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepperCombine the greens, onions, mandarin oranges and almonds.Make the dressing with the vegetable oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours before tossing with the salad ingredients.

Mmmmmm, that sounds awesome! Have you actually made it before? Does it fill up the bowl nicely? THat's my biggest concern with some of these recipes is how they will fill up the bowl (or not).

Seven Layer Southwestern Salad - only double up the layers (so you have 2 layers of each ingredient) and add corn as an extra layer. This is my FAVORITE! You can serve it with tortillas and let people make it into wrap sandwiches if they'd like.

Attachments

• SevenLayer Southwestern Salad.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 369
janetupnorth said:
MANDARIN ORANGE SALAD

3 to 4 c. salad greens broken (leaf, Bibb lettuce, spinach)
1/4 c. sliced onions
1 (11 oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained
1/4 c. slivered almonds, toasted in butter
1/4 c. vegetable oil
2 tbsp. vinegar
2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Combine the greens, onions, mandarin oranges and almonds.

Make the dressing with the vegetable oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours before tossing with the salad ingredients.

I have a recipe almost like this - I think it came from TOH, only it also calls for chow mein noodles. DH loves this salad!

Just so I understand for the Southwestern Salad... Do you acutally DOUBLE the amount of ingredients, or do you just split the layers in half so they are doubled in the bowl? Does that make any sense at all? I hope so. This is one of my all-time favorite salads!

janezapchef said:
Just so I understand... Do you acutally DOUBLE the amount of ingredients, or do you just split the layers in half so they are doubled in the bowl? Does that make any sense at all? I hope so.

Split the layers in half. The Trifle Bowl is deep, and it's hard to get some of all the layers when there is only one layer of each ingredient. If I don't do this in the Trifle bowl, I do it in the large Square SA bowl, or the Large Dots Bowl.

Yeah, SA is where I usually make it too, but I'm excited to try the trifle bowl!

So what salad did you make....and how did your open house go?

I serve the sour cream on the side with the SW salad because I hate it ... everyone who likes sour cream says it needs it, though ... We recently did it the regular way, and it looked kinda gross to me ...

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Favorite Trifle Bowl Salad?

The ingredients for the Favorite Trifle Bowl Salad include fresh mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, crumbled feta cheese, cooked and diced chicken breast, and a homemade vinaigrette dressing.

2. Can I make the Favorite Trifle Bowl Salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the salad ahead of time by prepping all the ingredients and storing them separately. Assemble the salad in the trifle bowl right before serving for the best presentation.

3. How long can I keep the Favorite Trifle Bowl Salad in the fridge?

The salad can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days if stored in an airtight container. Keep the dressing separate and add it just before serving to prevent the greens from getting soggy.

4. Can I substitute the chicken with another protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with other proteins such as grilled shrimp, tofu, or even canned tuna. Just make sure to adjust the seasoning and cooking method accordingly.

5. How many servings does the Favorite Trifle Bowl Salad recipe make?

This recipe makes about 6-8 servings, depending on the size of your trifle bowl and how much each person eats. You can also easily double the recipe for a larger crowd.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• IAmChefJ
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
itsjustCarla
  • sarahmarie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
yummy4tummy
  • janezapchef