• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trifle Bowl Recipe Salad or Dessert?

In summary, the conversation is about finding a unique dessert or salad recipe to use in a trifle bowl for an upcoming show. The original poster suggests a layered taco salad, but then asks for a recipe specifically from PC. Another poster suggests the Seven-Layer Southwestern Salad, which is a recipe from PC that has been used in a trifle bowl before. There is some discussion about variations of the recipe, including the use of ranch dressing and the addition of hot peppers and garlic. Overall, the posters seem to agree that the Seven-Layer Southwestern Salad is a good option for the trifle bowl.
elizabethfox
Gold Member
I have a show coming up and I wanted to showcase the trifle bowl since it is on special this month. Problem is... a lady from my mom's church is hosting.. and i have already done the strawberry creme trifle and peanut butter trifle at other shows for the same ladies! So i was wondering if there is a delicious layered salad recipe or some unique dessert I could do just to make things a little different??

There are a lot of trifle recipes out there, including in the files of this forum. I'm attaching (hopefully) a 53-page document with some of them listed.

Attachments

• 53_pages_of_Trifle_Punch_Bowl_Recipes_from_the_Pampered_Chef_1_ - Copy - Copy.doc
    446 KB · Views: 1,176
Yeah all I am seeing in the files are dessert trifles.. I kind of want to find a layered salad recipe or something to do. I know I have seen pictures on the website of a layered salad in the trifle bowl.. I just am having a hard time locating a recipe.

Can anyone help?

You can do a layered taco salad.Start with broken chips on the bottom, followed by lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, meat of choice, sour cream, quac, top with more chips. You can do a second layer if needed to get it to the top of the bowl.

That sounds yummy but I am looking for an actual layered salad recipe from PC. I swear I have seen a pic of one! Does anyone have any layered salad recipe from PC?

What about the 7-Layer Southwestern Salad? I think it has been done in the Trifle bowl by others. I've not personally done it- yet...but read of some who have.Here's a thread where it was discussed too: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f7/7-layer-southwest-salad-trifle-bowl-36297/
Seven-Layer Southwestern Salad
1 ½ cups sour cream¾ cut thick and chunky salsa1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed1 large green bell pepper, diced2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced½ cup thinly sliced green onions with tops1 package (16 ounces) iceberg lettuce salad mix (10 cups)1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese1 ½ cups corn chips (optional)In Small Batter Bowl, combine sour cream and salsa; mix well and set asideDrain and rinse beans using large Colander. Using Chef’s Knife, dice bell pepper and tomatoes; thinly slice green onions. Layer beans, bell pepper, lettuce, tomatoes and green onions in Simple Additions Large Bowl.Spoon sour cream mixture over top using Small Mix ‘N ScraperSpreading evenly. Grate cheese over top using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with corn chips, if desired, and serve8 servings

Thanks for posting this Bobbi! Taste of Home did a big thing last month on using a trifle and had tons of recipes. I'm going to use this one for a pot luck at work this week!

In the files section, there is a "Trifle Salads" file. Maybe you'll like something listed in that one, too.

So I am seeing a few different variations for the Seven Layer Southwest Salad.. some have a ranch dressing with it and some don't. Which recipe is best?

elizabethfox said:
So I am seeing a few different variations for the Seven Layer Southwest Salad.. some have a ranch dressing with it and some don't. Which recipe is best?

The original recipe doesn't call for Ranch dressing. This was a recipe that was in the Super Salads (I think that's what it was called) recipe cards. I've made that recipe for years for my summer parties, and people always love it. I do it often as a WW show, using lowfat sour cream and cheese. If I added Ranch dressing it would add to the calories and fat. (I couldn't use FF Ranch...that stuff is just too nasty for me!)

My director made the Southwest Salad for my kick off show and it was delicious. We used the Ranch Dressing. I forgot to put the hot peppers and garlic in the corn muffin mix, so she just mixed both with the dressing mixture and my director said it tasted a lot better made that way. She had made it with the hot peppers and garlic in the corn muffin and said the taste of it in the dressing was much better. It looks and sounds weird and I was scared to try it, but it was very good!

jjsima said:
My director made the Southwest Salad for my kick off show and it was delicious. We used the Ranch Dressing. I forgot to put the hot peppers and garlic in the corn muffin mix, so she just mixed both with the dressing mixture and my director said it tasted a lot better made that way. She had made it with the hot peppers and garlic in the corn muffin and said the taste of it in the dressing was much better. It looks and sounds weird and I was scared to try it, but it was very good!

Okay - that is a totally different recipe then the 7 Layered Southwestern Salad that I'm talking about.

This is the Seven Layer Southwestern Salad from PC:

Attachments

• SevenLayer Southwestern Salad.doc
    10.5 KB · Views: 463
thanks becky!

esavvymom said:
What about the 7-Layer Southwestern Salad? I think it has been done in the Trifle bowl by others. I've not personally done it- yet...but read of some who have.

Here's a thread where it was discussed too: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f7/7-layer-southwest-salad-trifle-bowl-36297/

Seven-Layer Southwestern Salad

1 ½ cups sour cream

¾ cut thick and chunky salsa

1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed

1 large green bell pepper, diced

2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced

½ cup thinly sliced green onions with tops

1 package (16 ounces) iceberg lettuce salad mix (10 cups)

1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese

1 ½ cups corn chips (optional)

In Small Batter Bowl, combine sour cream and salsa; mix well and set aside

Drain and rinse beans using large Colander. Using Chef’s Knife, dice bell pepper and tomatoes; thinly slice green onions. Layer beans, bell pepper, lettuce, tomatoes and green onions in Simple Additions Large Bowl.

Spoon sour cream mixture over top using Small Mix ‘N Scraper

Spreading evenly. Grate cheese over top using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with corn chips, if desired, and serve

8 servings

I just made this for a pot luck - LOVE IT! :love:
I'll try and post a picture later. THANKS!

1. What is a trifle bowl?

A trifle bowl is a large, clear glass bowl that is designed specifically for creating layered desserts or salads. It typically has a wide opening at the top and a sturdy base to hold the weight of the layers.

2. Can I use any type of cake in a trifle bowl recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cake in a trifle bowl recipe. The most commonly used cakes are angel food, pound cake, or sponge cake, but you can also experiment with different flavors like chocolate or lemon.

3. How do I assemble a trifle bowl recipe?

To assemble a trifle bowl recipe, start by placing a layer of cake at the bottom of the bowl. Next, add a layer of your chosen filling, such as pudding, whipped cream, or fruit. Repeat these layers until you reach the top of the bowl, ending with a layer of filling on top. You can also add additional toppings, like chocolate shavings, nuts, or sprinkles, for decoration.

4. Can I make a trifle bowl recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make a trifle bowl recipe ahead of time. In fact, many recipes recommend allowing the dessert or salad to sit in the fridge for a few hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld together. Just be sure to cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a lid to prevent it from drying out.

5. Are there any non-dessert options for a trifle bowl recipe?

Yes, there are plenty of non-dessert options for a trifle bowl recipe. You can create a trifle bowl salad by layering greens, veggies, and dressing, or even a trifle bowl pasta salad with layers of pasta, veggies, and sauce. The possibilities are endless and can be customized to fit your personal preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchefdt
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • britterg
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
Replies