• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Demo-Ready Recipe: Trifle & Salad Spinner

In summary, the trifle bowl can be used to show off the trifle and the salad spinner can be used to do the strawberries.
PCSarahjm
I am need of a recipe to show off the trifle bowl and the salad spinner! I just got the trifle and the host would like to use that as a demo.

Make the Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle - and use the Salad Spinner to do the strawberries...

Or I know ChefAnn has done the 7 Layer Southwestern Salad in Trifle Bowl.....

Layered BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad

I think you could do the Jerk Chicken Salad in it to.

You could do the Colossal Salad but I think you would have to make it smaller b/c I do not see it all fitting in the trifle.

I made a Cornbread Salad in the Trifle that was AWESOME. You have lettuce on the side in a SA bowl to serve as a topper to it.

As Becky pointed out, the Southwestern Layered Salad is good and it just fits in the Trifle Bowl. You can use the salad spinner for the lettuce (and the berry insert as a colander to drain and rinse the beans).

It's super easy:
1 can black or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 1 lb. bag iceberg lettuce mix
1 pint carton grape tomatoes, cut in half (I just realized I forgot to put those on the recipe cards I included with show receipts I sent out yesterday)
1 16 oz. carton sour cream mixed with
1 16 oz. salsa
8 oz. shredded cheese
sliced green onions (I usually forget these)

To layer in the Trifle, use half of each, so you get 2 sets of layers.
Serve with corn chips.

Ive done the Jerk Chicken salad.
You could use the large basket for the lettuce and the smaller one for the beans since you have to rinse and drain them (i would test this at home first to see if it smushes them though)

ChltNCRenee said:
Ive done the Jerk Chicken salad.
You could use the large basket for the lettuce and the smaller one for the beans since you have to rinse and drain them (i would test this at home first to see if it smushes them though)

Nope! I use the small, bowl for beans quite often! It works great, and you don't get soupy bean juice in the bottom of your salad!

I've used the large bowl for Rotini Pasta for Pasta Salad too!

Can someone help me find a recipe for the Layered BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad that was mentioned above? I looked several places and can't locate it and it sounds really, really good. Thanks!

What ingredients do I need to make the trifle?

To make the trifle, you will need pound cake, strawberries, blueberries, whipped cream, and vanilla pudding mix.

How do I assemble the trifle?

To assemble the trifle, start by cutting the pound cake into cubes and placing them at the bottom of your trifle dish. Then, add a layer of sliced strawberries and blueberries on top of the pound cake. Next, prepare the vanilla pudding mix according to the package instructions and pour it over the fruit. Finally, top with a layer of whipped cream and repeat the layers until you reach the top of the dish.

What is the best way to clean the salad spinner?

The best way to clean the salad spinner is to disassemble it and wash the parts separately in warm soapy water. Be sure to dry all parts thoroughly before reassembling.

Can I use any type of fruit in the trifle?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit in the trifle. Some other popular options include raspberries, blackberries, and sliced peaches.

How long will the trifle stay fresh?

The trifle will stay fresh for about 2-3 days if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
  • chefcharity
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
chefcharity
  • elizabethfox