• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Iso Seven-Layer Southwestern Salad Recipe

In summary, the conversation is about a recipe for a Seven-Layer Southwestern Salad that was made in a trifle bowl and requested by a friend. The recipe includes ingredients and instructions for a strawberry cheesecake trifle as well.
Chefstover2
I did this in the trifle bowl at a show last June and my host from then, just e-mailed me asking me for the recipe...It's not in my Super Salads card collection. Can anyone help me by posting it?

TIA.

Seven-Layer Southwestern Salad
Prep time: 25 minutes1 ½ cups sour cream
¾ cup thick and chunky salsa
1 can (15 oz) black beans
1 large bell pepper (any color)
2 medium tomatoes
4 green onions
1 package (16 oz.) iceberg lettuce salad mix (10 cups)
4 oz. cheddar cheese (block)
1 ½ cups corn chips (optional)1. In Small Batter Bowl, combine sour cream and salsa; mix well and set aside.
2. Drain and rinse beans using Large Colander.
3. Use Chef’s Knife to dice Tomatoes, and Green Onions.
4. Use Food Chopper to chop bell pepper.
5. Layer ingredients in Simple Additions Large Bowl:
a. Beans
b. Bell Pepper
c. Lettuce
d. Tomatoes
e. Green onions
6. Spoon sour cream mixture over top using Small Mix ‘N Scraper, spreading evenly.
7. Grate cheese over top using Deluxe Cheese Grater.
8. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
9. Top with corn chips, if desired, and serve.Yield: 8 servingsCook’s Tips:
• For a heartier main dish salad, add 2 cups of diced cooked chicken between bell pepper and lettuce layers.

Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle Recipe:Ingredients:- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened- 1/2 cup powdered sugar- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract- 1 cup heavy whipping cream- 1/4 cup granulated sugar- 1 pound angel food cake, cut into cubes- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional)Instructions:1. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.2. In a separate bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream and granulated sugar until stiff peaks form.3. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until well combined.4. In a trifle bowl, layer half of the angel food cake cubes on the bottom.5. Top with half of the sliced strawberries, followed by half of the cream cheese mixture.6. Repeat with another layer of angel food cake, strawberries, and cream cheese mixture.7. Sprinkle the top with toasted sliced almonds, if desired.8. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.9. Serve chilled and enjoy your delicious Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle!

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Iso Seven-Layer Southwestern Salad?

The ingredients for this recipe include lettuce, corn, black beans, red bell pepper, avocado, cherry tomatoes, shredded cheese, and a homemade dressing made with Greek yogurt, lime juice, and spices.

2. Can I make any substitutions for the ingredients?

Yes, you can customize this recipe to fit your preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use kidney beans instead of black beans, or add in additional vegetables like cucumbers or onions. You can also use a different type of cheese or swap out the Greek yogurt for sour cream.

3. How do I assemble the layers of the salad?

To make the layers, start with a bed of lettuce at the bottom of a large serving bowl or trifle dish. Then, layer the ingredients on top in the following order: corn, black beans, red bell pepper, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and shredded cheese. Finally, drizzle the dressing over the top.

4. Can I make the salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare this salad a few hours in advance by chopping and layering the ingredients in an airtight container. Keep the dressing separate until you are ready to serve, and then mix it in right before serving.

5. How long will the salad last in the fridge?

If stored properly in an airtight container, this salad can last for up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator. However, it is best to add the avocado and dressing right before serving to prevent the salad from becoming soggy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefcharity
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
chefcharity
Replies
Views
Jfoster
  • elizabethfox
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies