• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Non-Dessert Recipe for Trifle Bowl

In summary, does anyone have a layered salad or even main dish for the trifle bowl? I am trying to use mine with some more versatility. I make a layered salad that my family loves but I don't have a written recipe for it. I rarely measure anything so this isn't exact but it's hard to mess up. You can add or delete ingredients to your taste. This is really good with diced, cooked chicken added. Any salad - Strawberry Spinach salad is truly awesome. The trifle bowl is also a good smaller punch bowl for a tea or ladies gathering... float a frozen ring with fresh mint and freshorganic flowers for umph. Or do the same thing with the silicone cupcake pan and have a couple different
pcrae
Does anyone have a layered salad or even main dish for the trifle bowl? I am trying to use mine with some more versatility.

I make a layered salad that my family loves but I don't have a written recipe for it. I rarely measure anything so this isn't exact but it's hard to mess up. You can add or delete ingredients to your taste.

Fill bowl 1/2 to 2/3 full with lettuce torn in bite-size pieces.

Layer 1/2 of a 10 oz package of frozen baby green peas, thawed
One small can of sliced black olives, drained
One can of water chestnuts, drained
Sliced red onion
Sliced fresh mushrooms. I use about a cup but you can use as much as you like.
You can top with cherry tomatoes cut in half or whole grape tomatoes if you like.

Mix a cup or so of real mayo with 2-3 tsp chicken bouillion granules. You want it to be flavored but not overpowering and the bouillion will make it too salty if you add too much. Thin the mixture down with enough milk so it will spread but isn't runny. Spread over the salad. Cover and chill overnight or several hours. Just before serving, toss the salad so the dressing is mixed in well.

This is really good with diced, cooked chicken added. I've used the precooked fajita chicken strips and they're yummy in it.

Any salad - Strawberry Spinach salad is truly awesome. The trifle bowl is also a good smaller punch bowl for a tea or ladies gathering... float a frozen ring with fresh mint and freshorganic flowers for umph. Or do the same thing with the silicone cupcake pan and have a couple different floaters. It is tempered glass, so you could possibly also serve a cream soup in it - but there are better containers for that. (Wouldn't be pretty as the soup was gradually consumed, though). Possibly a [cringe?!] layered jello salad that you scoop out. Definitely good for a fruit salad that wasn't too liquid-y.

God Bless You!

-praying for Paige and her family-

Seven-Layer Southwestern Salad
Prep time: 25 minutes

1 ½ cups sour cream
¾ cup thick and chunky salsa
1 can (15 oz) black beans
1 large bell pepper (any color)
2 medium tomatoes
4 green onions
1 package (16 oz.) iceberg lettuce salad mix (10 cups)
4 oz. cheddar cheese (block)
1 ½ cups corn chips (optional)

1. In Small Batter Bowl, combine sour cream and salsa; mix well and set aside.
2. Drain and rinse beans using Large Colander.
3. Use Chef’s Knife to dice Tomatoes, and Green Onions.
4. Use Food Chopper to chop bell pepper.
5. Layer ingredients in Simple Additions Large Bowl:
a. Beans
b. Bell Pepper
c. Lettuce
d. Tomatoes
e. Green onions
6. Spoon sour cream mixture over top using Small Mix ‘N Scraper, spreading evenly.
7. Grate cheese over top using Deluxe Cheese Grater.
8. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
9. Top with corn chips, if desired, and serve.

Yield: 8 servings

Cook’s Tips:
• For a heartier main dish salad, add 2 cups of diced cooked chicken between bell pepper and lettuce layers.

I have done many salads in mine, I use my mandoline and slice the tomatos, and place them around the bowl. Then layer 1/2 of each ingredient at a time.

ShanaSmith said:
Seven-Layer Southwestern Salad
Prep time: 25 minutes

1 ½ cups sour cream
¾ cup thick and chunky salsa
1 can (15 oz) black beans
1 large bell pepper (any color)
2 medium tomatoes
4 green onions
1 package (16 oz.) iceberg lettuce salad mix (10 cups)
4 oz. cheddar cheese (block)
1 ½ cups corn chips (optional)

1. In Small Batter Bowl, combine sour cream and salsa; mix well and set aside.
2. Drain and rinse beans using Large Colander.
3. Use Chef’s Knife to dice Tomatoes, and Green Onions.
4. Use Food Chopper to chop bell pepper.
5. Layer ingredients in Simple Additions Large Bowl:
a. Beans
b. Bell Pepper
c. Lettuce
d. Tomatoes
e. Green onions
6. Spoon sour cream mixture over top using Small Mix ‘N Scraper, spreading evenly.
7. Grate cheese over top using Deluxe Cheese Grater.
8. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
9. Top with corn chips, if desired, and serve.

Yield: 8 servings

Cook’s Tips:
• For a heartier main dish salad, add 2 cups of diced cooked chicken between bell pepper and lettuce layers.

I have done many salads in mine, I use my mandoline and slice the tomatos, and place them around the bowl. Then layer 1/2 of each ingredient at a time.

This is key! If you only do one layer of each ingredient, it's hard to get some of every layer when you scoop it out!

This isn't a recipe, but I've been promoting this as an ice bucket (without the pedestal). That line has put them at my #1 seller all fall. People love the versatility.

I third the SW salad. If you use grape tomatoes, you can cut them in half and place them around the outside edge. SOOOOOOO good!!

somewhere in another thread I posted my cornbread salad recipe if you want to search for it, sorry don't have time to type it now.

Here;s my Cornbread Salad--always gets rave reviews! Confetti Cornbread Salad1 Jiffy cornbread mix
3 tomatoes (chopped)
1 4 oz. chopped green chilies (undrained)
1 green pepper (chopped)
1/8 t. cumin
1 cup green onion (chopped)
1/8 t. oregano
1 pkg. bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup mayonnaise
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
2 cans pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
1 env. ranch dressing mix
2 cans corn (drained)Prepare cornbread batter according to package directions. Stir in chilies, cumin, and oregano. Spread in greased 8 x 8 square baker. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes. Cool. Meanwhile, use food chopper to chop green pepper, salad scissors to chop tomatoes, and santuko knife to thinly slice green onions. Open corn & beans using smooth-edge can opener, and drain using can strainer. In small-batter bowl combine mayo, sour cream, and dressing mix; set aside. Crumble 1/2 of cornbread into trifle bowl. Layer with half of the beans, mayo mixture, corn, tomatoes, pepper, onions, bacon, and cheese. Repeat layers (dish will be very full) Cover and refrigerate 2 hrs. Can be made 1-2 days ahead.

I made a centerpiece using the trifle bowl at Christmas shows - cranberries, water, greenery, floating candle, orange slices. I sold more trifle bowls this way than using it for a dessert or salad.

Beckycooks said:
I made a centerpiece using the trifle bowl at Christmas shows - cranberries, water, greenery, floating candle, orange slices. I sold more trifle bowls this way than using it for a dessert or salad.
Do you have a pix of it?

trifle bowl centerpieceNo, unfortunately I did not take a photo! I can try to recreate it if I can find some fresh cranberries.

:)

If you search the files section there is a TrifleSalads document with a variety of salad ideas.

Heatherkiss on here makes a delicious one with apples, cranberries and blue cheese. Obviously there is lettuce but I am not sure what else. Its a nice light recipe, with a homemade vinegarette.

thanks for all the great ideas! I am off to search for a punch recipe to use in it for my kickoff show tomorrow.

pcrae said:
thanks for all the great ideas! I am off to search for a punch recipe to use in it for my kickoff show tomorrow.

What about the Cran-Raspberry Fizz in the SB? That one is totally yummy!

Related to Non-Dessert Recipe for Trifle Bowl

1. Can I use any type of cake for a non-dessert trifle in a trifle bowl?

Yes, you can use any type of cake for a non-dessert trifle in a trifle bowl. Some popular options include pound cake, angel food cake, or even brownies.

2. Can I make a savory trifle in a trifle bowl?

Yes, you can make a savory trifle in a trifle bowl. Some delicious options include a layered salad trifle or a Mexican-inspired layered dip trifle.

3. Do I have to use whipped cream in a non-dessert trifle?

No, you do not have to use whipped cream in a non-dessert trifle. You can use other creamy fillings such as pudding, custard, or even savory dips.

4. Can I use fresh fruit in a non-dessert trifle?

Yes, you can use fresh fruit in a non-dessert trifle. It can add a refreshing and healthy element to your dish.

5. What are some non-dessert ideas for a trifle bowl?

Some non-dessert ideas for a trifle bowl include layered dips, salads, pasta dishes, or even breakfast options like a yogurt and granola parfait or a savory breakfast casserole.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• britterg
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • elizabethfox
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • pamperedchefdt