• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick and Easy Lunch Recipe for Your Lunch Hour Show

In summary, the host is preparing a spinach carbonara pizza for her lunch and a microwave cake to go with it.
ChefPaulaB
Hi, I have a show coming up that I'm doing during lunch hour. I'm going to have the dish already prepared (something that will be their lunch) and when they get there they'll start eating and looking through the catalogs while I do a quick demo (UM with a potato, food chopped, the oohs and ahhs stuff), then they order and go back to work. We had talked about doing the fajitas in the DCB, but now that she's decided to make it a lunch hour show, I think these will be too messy for a quick eat while you browse, listen and talk... So, I need to come up with a good recipe to serve for lunch, maybe a finger food kind of thing. Any thoughts? I thought I could have the Lemon Tartlets or Brownie Truffles for dessert, easy to pick up and pop in mouth... But just drawing a blank for the lunch part. TIA!!! :D

I did a snack mix for a teacher's lounge show one time. I think it is in ATB. It has popcorn, pretzels and chex mix and ranch mix. It was a hit. I also did a chip and dip tray and brownies on the 3-tier stand. That way I displayed products with the food in it. And I did not do a demo, Idiplayed more products for them to look at. Most did not order while I was there but took a catalog with them to order with the host later.

hmmm, that sounds good, except this is supposed to be their lunch, so I don't think that would fill them up much. I need something that is more of a main dish, but not super heavy or messy. I'm also going to suggest that she has a fruit tray or something to go with whatever I make, but it still needs to be something with a little more subtence to it. But thanks!

how about the quick turkey chili in dcb. Make it at home and pop it in the microwave when you get there, if needed. And make some corn bread mini muffins, and have a salad ready in your collapsible bowl, or trifle bowl.

Asian Noodle Skillet, or Creamy One Pot Pasta. Bonus - they're both inexpensive to make. And if you needed to, you could prepare it completely at home and reheat there.

Last week I did a show at my husband's office. They brought their own brown bag lunches and ate them at a conference table while I did the catalog walk through and they followed along. I displayed all my kit items in the center of the table and we passed around/played with tools as I talked about them. For dessert, I brought a trifle. People checked out while others got dessert. They loved it and I thought it went well for an hour show. (Had to wash everything afterwards though. :rolleyes:)​

I have a new consultant on my team who had an "after school" show with some teachers yesterday. It was a one hour show.

She had the Chicken Satay Pasta ingredients already prepped and ready to go - So she just assembled it there for them quickly, and as she assembled it, she talked a little about the steps for preparing it, and passed around the tools she used for each step. She said it was all kinds of fun - and right now it's at $500 in sales with 1 booking.

What if you make it a brown bag lunch and just do a desert? A spice cake in the microwave will draw everybody from the office in ... and you can still chop nuts in the chopper and melt frosting in the micro cooker ....

Satay Chicken Salad would be awesome for this. It's so darn good!

Thank you all for the great ideas! I'll definitely bring these to my host and figure it out!:D

What about the deluxe cheeseburger salad?

The host decided on the Spinach Carbonara Pizza from the new SB... then she's going to make a salad to go with and we're going to do a microwave cake in the fluted stone. Should be a good lunch... I have never made the Spinach Carbonara Pizza... any hints or advice? Luckily I'll be putting it together before I go and baking it before guests arrive, but any thoughts would still be appreciated. Thanks for all of the suggestions, she loved them all!

ChefPaulaB said:
The host decided on the Spinach Carbonara Pizza from the new SB... then she's going to make a salad to go with and we're going to do a microwave cake in the fluted stone. Should be a good lunch... I have never made the Spinach Carbonara Pizza... any hints or advice? Luckily I'll be putting it together before I go and baking it before guests arrive, but any thoughts would still be appreciated. Thanks for all of the suggestions, she loved them all!

Have her measure the oven - front to back and side to side - to make sure it will fit the bar pan. I've been in some community buildings, and common rooms, and apartments, where the oven was teeny-tiny. Sounds like this is going to be in a lunch room - so I would just check!

Good thinking, but she lives close to her work so we're doing it at her home during the lunch hour, so we should be all set! Otherwise I would've just baked it at home first... but thanks for the tip, sometimes you don't think about those things, like making sure the microwave is big enough for the DCB...

ChefPaulaB said:
hmmm, that sounds good, except this is supposed to be their lunch, so I don't think that would fill them up much. I need something that is more of a main dish, but not super heavy or messy. I'm also going to suggest that she has a fruit tray or something to go with whatever I make, but it still needs to be something with a little more subtence to it. But thanks!

Don't forget, its a "Sample" serving ---- not an entire meal! We are not caterers!! ;)

Well, I guess in this case, I kind of am... I am making the pizza and it is going to be part of their lunch, the host is also making a salad to go with it and we're going to kind of make the dessert together. She was going to do the cake in the fluted stone in the oven if she had time and I told her to have it ready and we'd do it in the microwave and have it ready when they're ready for dessert... she didn't know she could do them in the microwave. I know that under normal circumstances, we aren't supposed to be caterers, but sometimes it works out that way, and it's not like I'm paying for any of the ingredients... so I'm okay with it.

Paula, Sounds like a great show. They will be so pleased. I agree with measuring the oven for size so there are no surprises. Other than that.. It'll be a piece of cake. LOL Sorry the hurricane (Ike) has gotten the best of me. Good luck and mega sales!!! Let us know how it turns out!!!!!!

I have made the deli wraps in the past. I have all the ingredients ready and just leave a little bit to demo each thing. Some people don't eat meat so you can make one w/o. People love that recipe and so do husbands. I've had people call me later to tell me how impressed their husbands were with it. The last lunch time show I did with that recipe closed at $800.

What are the deli wraps? I don't think I've seen that recipe... sounds good though... But I'm doing the show today and have everything bought... but I'd like to know for future reference... Thanks!

Thanks Ann, I just saw this. Those are the ones!! A big hit at lunch time shows or for hosts who don't want to use the oven or do outside shows.

wow I love the wrap idea - I never saw this on CC - thanks ANN!!

I did a lunch show at a office - we did the cheeseburger salad, but I would do the chicken satay pasta salad next time!

Thanks for sharing, those sound good, maybe I'll try those next time. The show was yesterday and a big success... I ended up making the Spinach Carbanara Pizza (yummo!), I made 2 and there was less than a half one left, although one would've been sufficient, they had seconds & everyone was happy. We also made the microwave cake and got lots of oohs and aaahs, booked a party because of it. Actually, booked 2 parties and a maybe and she's at $753 right now and has a couple more orders coming, so all in all a great success! Thank you all for your input!

What about Chicken Barbeque sandwiches in the dcb? People will be awed at how easy it is to make. While the chicken is baking, you can demo how to make barbeque sauce. Since this is everyone's lunch, I would supplement with chips and fruit (i.e.grapes). A light lunch for about 10 people.

1. What is a Lunch Hour Show Recipe?

A Lunch Hour Show Recipe is a quick and easy recipe that can be made in under an hour. It is perfect for busy individuals or families who want a delicious and satisfying meal in a short amount of time.

2. Are Lunch Hour Show Recipes healthy?

Yes, all of our Lunch Hour Show Recipes are created with health and nutrition in mind. We use fresh and wholesome ingredients to create meals that are both delicious and nutritious.

3. How can I access Lunch Hour Show Recipes?

Our Lunch Hour Show Recipes can be found on our website, in our catalog, and in our monthly newsletters. You can also attend one of our Lunch Hour Show cooking demonstrations to learn how to make the recipes in person.

4. Can I modify a Lunch Hour Show Recipe to fit my dietary restrictions?

Yes, our Lunch Hour Show Recipes are versatile and can be modified to fit your dietary needs. We offer substitutions for ingredients, such as gluten-free or dairy-free options, and our consultants can provide tips on how to make the recipes suitable for your dietary restrictions.

5. Can I purchase the tools needed to make a Lunch Hour Show Recipe?

Yes, all of the tools needed to make our Lunch Hour Show Recipes are available for purchase through our catalog or website. Our consultants can also assist you in finding the right tools for your cooking needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns