• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Sausage and Peppers Brunch Bake

In summary, to make the Sausage and Peppers Brunch Bake, you will need Italian sausage, green and red bell peppers, onion, eggs, milk, Parmesan cheese, dried basil and oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cheddar cheese. You can make this recipe ahead of time and bake it for 30-35 minutes in a preheated 375°F oven. You can also substitute the Italian sausage with breakfast sausage or bacon, and serve the dish with fresh fruit, a side salad, breakfast potatoes, or crusty bread.
mminikus
Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has made the Sausage and Peppers Brunch Bake out of the Stoneware Inspirations cookbook. It calls for toaster hashbrown patties, and my host says she can't find these. Do you think it would effect the recipe if we used just the normal hash brown patties. I am thinking that the toaster ones are probably precooked, so maybe I need to cook the other patties first?
If anyone has a sugestion, I would love to hear it. My show is in the morning. :confused:

Had my show this morning and made the recipe with the regular hashbrown patties. It turned out great and didn't seem to make a difference. But, then I have never made it so I wouldn't know any difference. :D

I have made the sausage and pepper bake many times. I have found the hashbrown patties at Walmart super center and from ore-ida. However, I don't think it will make a difference if you use the regular hash browns. You will have the same results. It is very good for a brunch show. :)

1. What ingredients do I need for the Sausage and Peppers Brunch Bake?

To make the Sausage and Peppers Brunch Bake, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 pound Italian sausage
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • Optional: 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms

2. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the Sausage and Peppers Brunch Bake the night before and refrigerate it overnight. Just be sure to cover it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. When ready to bake, remove from the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before placing it in the oven.

3. How long does this brunch bake need to bake for?

The Sausage and Peppers Brunch Bake will need to bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 30-35 minutes. The bake is ready when the eggs are set and the top is golden brown. If you are using a glass baking dish, it may take a few extra minutes to cook through.

4. Can I use a different type of meat in this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute the Italian sausage with any type of breakfast sausage or even bacon. If using bacon, cook it beforehand and chop it into small pieces before adding it to the bake.

5. What can I serve with this brunch bake?

The Sausage and Peppers Brunch Bake can be served as a complete meal on its own. However, if you would like to add some sides, some great options are fresh fruit, a side salad, or some breakfast potatoes. You can also serve it with some crusty bread for dipping in the juices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bridgetbakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jennyl
  • AnnieBee
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
thecougchef
  • mhrivera