• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares -Question

In summary, the conversation is about making a recipe using shredded potato hash browns. The participants discuss whether to use shredded or patty hash browns, how to add flavor to the dish, and what type of meat to use. Some people have had success with using the shredded hash browns, while others prefer the patties for their seasoning. The conversation also includes suggestions for using different types of meat and adding seasoning to enhance the flavor. Some participants have had success with making the dish for a party and receiving positive feedback from their guests. The conversation ends with a question about making cinnamon rolls using PC pizza crust and the host planning to serve this dish at an upcoming brunch.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
Has anyone made these with shredded potato hash browns? I couldn't find the patties today, I'm wondering if I should do anything to the shredded potato to make it more like the crumbled patties. Or are they pretty much the same thing? I'm wondering about spraying them with some oil once in the bar pan, for crispness. But on the other hand, the cheese already has a ton of fat... I'm probably overthinking this!

TIA!

I'll let you know how it turns out... Trying it out for dinner... :chef:

I use the shredded bagged one all the time. Works great. I even used the cheesy ones last time and that worked.

Never had a problem with them sticking.

I remember the test kitchen guy at conference saying they reccommend the patty ones because they are already seasoned. If you use shredded, you may have to add some seasoning sprinkled on top of them...

Glad to hear why they choose patty & not shredded. I drove to two different stores trying to find patty & they only had shredded. Plus I don't like having to crumble them. :)

Well, I tried these, and I was a bit disappointed. They were quite bland, definately needed some salt. I thought the ham and cheese would give them enough flavour, but I think they would be much better with sausage or bacon. I think the seasoned hashbrown patties would help too, but I wish I had put a bit of salt and pepper on my plain shredded hashbrowns before the cheese.

One more question... Should the hashbrowns be a bit crispy before the egg mixture is added? It seems that that a little crunchiness would make these even better. Mine were not really crispy, just a slightly browned. I think maybe they were not thawed enough. Or are they supposed to just be fairly soft.

I know people have loved these, so I'm trying to figure out why mine weren't that great... It's not that hard a recipe!! :)

Try the southern style hashbrown, they are like also called home fries. They are little chunked potatos. Thats what i use

My hashbrowns are golden brown and definitely crispy/crunchy before I add the egg. I used the patties every time though. I also tried it once with ham, once with sausage and once with bacon and definitely prefer the last two versions the most. YUMMO! Also with sausage or bacon I didn't need and the patties we didn't need any extra seasonings.

I found them to be a little bland with ham. But with a little salsa on them... yum!

Thanks for the ideas - I will have to try these again, definately with bacon or sausage though.

Hopefully I'll find the patties next time, or the southern style.

Thanks again,

Annabel

Well, I finally tried this again tonight with sausage and I thought it was about a million times better than with ham. I did use the shredded hash browns again (couldn't bring myself to buy the patties - they're so much more expensive) but this time I sprinkled on a little Lawry's seasoning salt before I put the cheese on, and I think it helped alot. Very yummy! A tasty and easy "breakfast for dinner" meal :)

I had a show yesterday and this recipe is the one I fixed - the host decided on it about 10:15 pm the night before - it was my cousin and I didn't mind at all - her shows are always over $1,000. This one right now is at $936 and will close next Friday, about 7 or 6 more orders to come

But anyway, I remembered reading on here that the deli ham didn't have enough taste so my other cousin - her sister (she lives closer to me) and I went to the market and tasted ham - we came up with the brown sugar ham.

Yesterday before the show, because she was having a lot of people, I wanted to fix a 2nd one first, plus I have never made the squares before.

So after the demo and I asked them to tell me how the suqares were

WELL let me tell you, all them couldn't believe how easy it was for me to fix this recipe and they just LOVE it

I told them that they could change up the meat and cheese and they started rambling off different combinations

It was a good show

just wanted to share

:chef:

Thanks everyone. I have a brunch on May 3rd and thought of these. I'll definiately do the sausage or bacon not the ham. The host is also asking for like a coffee cake (she likes apples). I read on here somewhere about the cinnamon rolls using the PC pizza crust. are they easy to make. If so I'll make it before the guests come vs a coffee cake.

They were a hit at my show as is. I prefer the shredded hash browns personally for anything.

I did not taste them, so, I cannot say if I liked them or not. I am just now getting to where I can stand the taste of an egg. It took 4 months to be able to smell them, so, I guess almost 9 to taste isn't too bad, HAHAH!!!!:D Poor hubby, had to close the kitchen off to cook his breakfast:eek:

i made them with the shredded hash browns also. and i dont like ham so i made it with italian sausage & didnt season the hash browns. it is now one of my favorite meals out of the seasons best.

What ingredients are needed to make Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares?

To make Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares, you will need:

• 1 sheet of puff pastry
  • 6 slices of ham
  • 6 slices of cheese
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • Salt and pepper

Can I use a different type of meat for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of deli meat you prefer such as turkey, chicken, or even bacon. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares the night before and refrigerate them. Just bake them in the morning for a delicious and easy breakfast.

Do I need to thaw the puff pastry before using it?

Yes, it is recommended to thaw the puff pastry according to the package instructions before using it in this recipe. This will help prevent the pastry from becoming too brittle or breaking during assembly.

Can I add vegetables to this recipe?

Yes, you can add your favorite vegetables to the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares. Some popular options include diced bell peppers, onions, or spinach. Just make sure to sauté the vegetables before adding them to the squares to ensure they are cooked through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • sarahsellcm
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cindylpal
  • chefmoseley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies