• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Christmas Dinner Ideas: Beef Noodles, Ham, Brunch Squares & More!

In summary,DH's son is coming to our house tomorrow evening for Christmas. What do I fix? I don't want to be fixing something that we will be having in the next few days. So throw some ideas my way! TIA
PCSarahjm
For Christmas Dinner. DH's son is coming to our house tomorrow evening for Christmas. What do I fix? I don't want to be fixing something that we will be having in the next few days. So throw some ideas my way! TIA

Sunday-Beef Noodles
Monday-Ham
Tuesday-Brunch squares, Soups, and Ham/Turkey Noodles

How about something completely off the wall, like tacos? Or sloppy joes?

Well I will start celebrating on Sunday with my inlaws, who serve the Italian Fishes, and since I havent ate shell fish in almost a year, I will be eating chicken. Stuffed mushrooms.

Monday, I am serving up a brunch with my cousins. Making a casserole (night before) with eggs, spinach, cheese etc. Everyone is bring a dish.

Christmas eve we go to my dad's sister's house where she makes a ham, lasagna, chicken franchaise or marsala, rice, kelbasi and sauerkraut, etc

Christmas day we go to brunch at my mom's house, similiar casserole is served w/sausage.

Christmas dinner at my grandmothers, where she cooks a lavish dinner with Prime Rib, Yorkshire pudding (she was born in England so its the best), au gratin potatoes, green beans, carrots w/sauteed onion, mashed and roast potatoes, I can go on and on, but I think you get the drift.

So in January I will be on a massive diet. LOL

vwpamperedchef said:
<snip>...So in January I will be on a massive diet. LOL
Please see my post in the Humor thread about holiday dining. :)

I was thinking totally off the wall too. Maybe lasgna....I can always make it early in the morning and still have time to get the house in order.

I almost posted lasagna! Heck- you can make it the day ahead, if you wanted to. :) And with a salad and a veggie, it's a great dinner.

One year we ordered subs from a local sub shop. It was Christmas Eve though when they were open. I know on Christmas, my brother is making a turkey. Christmas Eve is all appetizers. I don't know what Sunday's dinner will be or the other Christmases I have to go to.

I would love to just order out. Maybe we could do pizza my son would love that.

After the Thanksgiving fiasco this year at my aunt's house, who wouldn't let anybody bring anything but then said that they weren't going to host next year, I opted for pizza next year. Quick easy and show me a kid or adult who doesn't like pizza. Now her yucky stuffing on the other hand... well, I don't eat stuffing normally but nobody ate it that day! :D

We are having stuffed Calamari on Christmas along with a ton of other food.
Usually its appetizers and cold cuts, etc...

Christmas dinner is Prime Rib!!! MMMM I can't wait!!!

Well I do Christmas Day my Sister-law is making stuffed shells. I am making
Prime rib ( love the digital thermomitor)
broccoli casserol
mashed potatos
anti pasta

I am making crab cakes for my cousin for Christmas eve ho has a good recipe for Crab Cakes

See you all at leadership in a few weeks

Tomorrow night with my dad's family, we're having chicken of some sort.
Monday with DH's family we're having Chinese.
Tuesday with my mom and bros, we're having pork loin or roast.

ThANKS for the ideas....It is all making me hungry!!

We'll start our holiday celebrations off tonight with a Yule dinner to welcome in the winter solstice... with potato kugel, corn pie and mac n cheese (we have at least 2 kids attending who won't eat anything else pretty much)... also will make biscuits and I cheated and bought a cake for dessert... though I may also let the kids make pretzel wreaths to munch on... depends on how ambitious I end up being. LOL.. My mom will do Xmas Eve and Day food... a traditional turkey and/or ham spread (depending on what Dad requests) with Day being a buffet of Eve's leftovers and new stuff added too... I'm looking forward to my mom's sweet potatoes on Eve and her cheese puff thingies on Day... melt in your mouth goodness all the way! Then we'll spend a week eating normal until we have a 3 course fondue party at a friend's NYE and pork and sauerkraut somewhere on NYD... probably my mom's again. LOL...

Tonight's our first Xmas get-together with dh's dad; his stepmom is making Mexican food:thumbup:
I think we're doing soups at my grandma's on Sunday....& my mom's annual catfish chowder on Christmas Eve.:chef:
Geez, I'm not sure if we're even having a "traditional" meal this year!

We are busy all weekend with programs at church - so Saturday, I have homemade veggie-beef soup in the freezer, and we'll have that w/ grilled cheese sandwiches. Sunday, I have homemade sweet & sour ham balls(it's a Dutch thing) in the freezer, and we'll have those with mashed potatoes and a green veggie.
Christmas Eve is at the Inlaws - and they always have pizza (eewww - Little Caesar's!:yuck: ) so I'll probably make a couple appetizer thingys and then a tray of goodies to share. Christmas morning, we will have Breakfast Casserole after we open gifts, and then go to my Mom's in the afternoon. My SIL is making a turkey, and I am making a squash casserole, and pigs in the blanket for all the little boys.

redsoxgirl said:
Tomorrow night with my dad's family, we're having chicken of some sort.
Monday with DH's family we're having Chinese.
Tuesday with my mom and bros, we're having pork loin or roast.
The last couple of years, DH and I have gone out on Christmas day with our Jewish friends for Chinese food. mmm.... Christmas egg roll...

Tomorrow is with my mom, step-dad & brother at our house. I'm doing Mexican. Homemade enchiladas, santa fe rice, nachos, etc. :)

Christmas Eve is at my in-laws where who know what we'll have. Probably something strange. ;)

Christmas Day - get this! - we aren't going anywhere!!! YAY! We're staying home to let the kids play. My oldest dd (Emily) will be in Canada with her dad. We'll be having breakfast casserole & biscuits & gravy for breakfast. My mom & brother will be coming over.

Next Saturday (the 29th) - we'll do Santa & presents with Emily here, then go to my in-laws for lunch, then that night we have Christmas with my family & a wedding reception to go to. Yikes!

ChefBeckyD said:
We are busy all weekend with programs at church - so Saturday, I have homemade veggie-beef soup in the freezer, and we'll have that w/ grilled cheese sandwiches. Sunday, I have homemade sweet & sour ham balls(it's a Dutch thing) in the freezer, and we'll have those with mashed potatoes and a green veggie.
Christmas Eve is at the Inlaws - and they always have pizza (eewww - Little Caesar's!:yuck: ) so I'll probably make a couple appetizer thingys and then a tray of goodies to share. Christmas morning, we will have Breakfast Casserole after we open gifts, and then go to my Mom's in the afternoon. My SIL is making a turkey, and I am making a squash casserole, and pigs in the blanket for all the little boys.

Sad thing is that is one place I miss since we moved to middle of no where. Its crazy the things you miss. Mt dad calls little ceasars card board box with cheese and pepperoni.

For Christmas Eve dinner we will be doing chicken, potatoes and a veggie and Christmas day we will have a ham to munch on its just me hubby and the kids. so nothing to special. I am also planning on making a cheesecake ball.

chefann said:
The last couple of years, DH and I have gone out on Christmas day with our Jewish friends for Chinese food. mmm.... Christmas egg roll...

That reminds me of that scene in A Christmas Story where they end up at a Chinese restaurant for "Chinese Turkey" aka duck after their neighbor's dogs attack their half-cooked turkey. LOL.. love that movie "You'll shoot your eye out kid!"..

Exactly!! :)

I'm making RESERVATIONS
my kids begged me not to do the traditional (traditional for us is prime rib) dinner this year. They don't want the fussy china etc so we are going somewhere nice to eat

If it's Christmas eve, it must be lasagna! That's the rule!!!

Christmas morning, a baked french toast receipe that I got from Paula Dean some years ago. It's one of those make ahead things that starts with 2 sticks of butter!!

For me, I love turkey for Christmas day, but the daughter wants ham, so we are having both. Normal side dishes: mashed potatoes, etc. But for dessert... peppermint ice cream, as well as egg nog ice cream. Oh, yes, and pie: apple and cranberry/walnut.

Almost forgot... egg nog!!!! I have a great recipe for it, but after years of doing it myself, I know buy it from a small dairy farm downriver that makes AWESOME stuff. It's so rich, that I just pour it into the ice cream maker and viola, ice cream!! Have to get some to drink and some to make ice cream with.

Merry Christmas to all. All this talk about food is getting rid of my inner grinch!!!!

:angel: We are doing a fish fry, with all the trimmings. YUM YUM. everyone is kinda of tired of ham and turkery, my husband and boys caught a BUNCH of catfish earlier this year at Lake Eufalua. Today it got really cold and so I did a big pot of chili. We having a quite Christmas at home, some family will be coming by Chirsitmas eve. We are making candy and cookies tonight:chef:

I'm hosting Christmas Dinner and have 18 people coming over. We are having:

Ham
Turkey
Dressing
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
Steamed Green Beans
Roasted Root Vegetables
Sauted Brussel Sprouts
Cherry Salad
Pineapple Casserole
Herb Yeast Rolls (my sister makes these and they are yummo!)

Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Pineapple Cheesecake

And, I'm starting off with my grandfather's Champagne Punch recipe ;) (2 glass limit or you'll be crawling on the floor!)

pamperedlinda said:
I'm hosting Christmas Dinner and have 18 people coming over. We are having:

Ham
Turkey
Dressing
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
Steamed Green Beans
Roasted Root Vegetables
Sauted Brussel Sprouts
Cherry Salad
Pineapple Casserole

Herb Yeast Rolls (my sister makes these and they are yummo!)

Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Pineapple Cheesecake

And, I'm starting off with my grandfather's Champagne Punch recipe ;) (2 glass limit or you'll be crawling on the floor!)

recipes pretty please?

kcjodih said:
recipes pretty please?
Here they are:

(I haven't made the cherry salad before, but it sounds good)

Cherry Salad

Ingredients
1 (16-ounce) can pitted dark sweet cherries, undrained
1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, undrained
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 (6-ounce) package cherry-flavored gelatin
1 cup cold water
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Lettuce leaves
Garnish: fresh cherries (optional)

Drain all fruit into a bowl; stir well. Reserve 1 1/2 cups fruit juice mixture; set fruit aside. Bring reserved juice mixture to a boil in a saucepan. Add gelatin and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat. Stir in cold water. Chill until the consistency of unbeaten egg white.
Fold in fruit and pecans. Pour mixture into a lightly oiled 6-cup mold. Cover and chill until firm. Unmold onto a lettuce-lined serving plate. Garnish, if desired.

Note: To unmold with ease, run a knife around edge of mold to break the suction. Gently pull salad away from sides of mold using fingers. Wrap mold in a damp, warm dish towel. Place a serving platter on top of mold and invert. Remove mold.

Pineapple Casserole

1 cup sugar
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups grated sharp cheddar
2 (20-ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained, and 6 tablespoons pineapple juice reserved
1 cup cracker crumbs (recommended: Ritz)
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted, plus extra for greasing pan

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease a medium-size casserole dish with butter.

In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and flour. Gradually stir in the cheese. Add the drained pineapple chunks, and stir until ingredients are well combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.

In another medium bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, melted butter, and reserved pineapple juice, stirring with a spatula until evenly blended. Spread crumb mixture on top of pineapple mixture. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.

For us it is ALWAYS prime rib for Christmas Dinner!
You know I have mine packaged in the meat dept. tomorrow awaiting my arrival! A good bottle of wine too!!:love: :thumbup: :balloon: :)

Christmas started early this year. Tonite we had freinds and family over for fried turkey, ham, mash potatos, green beans, salad, ect., .....Dessert was homemade cookies a friend brought. I'm soooo fortunate. Strawberry pizza, Blueberry cheese pie and various candy and junk food.Tomorrow is the 7 fishes at my side of the family. My husband is making spicy shrimp. So so so so so so good!Christmas on his side..... I'm thinking it will be something overcooked and weird. Ack! That is me up chucking. I think I'll make french toast, omelets and fried potatos for breakfast to hold us over.Merry Christmas everyone! Happy Birthday Jesus! I think I'll make a b-day cake...............

1. What is the main ingredient in the Beef Noodles dish?

The main ingredient in our Beef Noodles dish is tender beef strips, cooked with a flavorful blend of herbs and spices, and served over a bed of egg noodles.

2. Can the Ham dish be made in advance?

Yes, our Ham dish can be made in advance. You can prepare the ham glaze and marinate the ham the night before, then simply bake it on the day of your Christmas dinner.

3. Are the Brunch Squares suitable for vegetarians?

No, unfortunately, our Brunch Squares are not suitable for vegetarians as they contain ham and bacon. However, you can easily adapt the recipe by omitting the meat and adding your choice of vegetables.

4. Can I substitute the beef in the Beef Noodles dish with another protein?

Yes, you can substitute the beef with chicken, pork, or tofu for a delicious alternative. Simply adjust the cooking time accordingly.

5. How many people does the Ham serve?

Our Ham dish serves approximately 8-10 people, depending on portion sizes. You can easily adjust the recipe to serve more or less by increasing or decreasing the amount of ham used.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • purrbal
  • Pampered Chef Shows