• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Would You Make for Dinner?

In summary, Beth is having a lot of people over for dinner next weekend and she doesn't know what to make. From beginning to end, she usually does a roast or lasagna/manicotti, but she wants something different this time. She even asked her son what he would like and he suggested Chicken
kcjodih
Gold Member
I'm having the outlaws over for dinner next weekend. They're coming for my mother in law's 79th bday and my son's 10th. It will be my DH, myself, my DD who's 12, my son who will be 10 and then my FIL who's 82, MIL who's 79, my SIL, BIL and my neice who's 16 and picky as hell.

I have NO idea what to make. From beginning to end. I usually do a roast or lasagna/manicotti but want something different. We just had turkey for thanksgiving, a ham last week, and roast pork this weekend. I even asked my son what he would like and he suggested Chicken Club Ring (which is his favorite) but I thought of maybe serving that on his actual bday for the four of us not with all 9 of us. But now maybe I will but with what else...HELP!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Do they like Mexican food? You can do a "fix your own" taco bar. Then make some rice and beans and a salad on the side. It's cheap, easy and if there are picky eaters, they can pick and choose what they want on it.

Just a suggestion though.....

My mother and sister visited, and I had ingredients to make a nice variety of great meals (pre-PC so I didn't have as many PC recipes then;) ) and complained and belittled everything I suggested. We ended up eating out. When you can't please them it's not worth the effort.

BUT, if you don't want to do that how about asking them what they enjoy these days. Even if it's ham or pork roast - they didn't just have it. If they won't tell you then just talk with your husband and son and decide. If they don't like it - their loss. ...if you aren't seeing them at Thanksgiving and they like turkey I'd make that (but then we LOVE turkey).

BethCooks4U said:
My mother and sister visited, and I had ingredients to make a nice variety of great meals (pre-PC so I didn't have as many PC recipes then;) ) and complained and belittled everything I suggested. We ended up eating out. When you can't please them it's not worth the effort.

BUT, if you don't want to do that how about asking them what they enjoy these days. Even if it's ham or pork roast - they didn't just have it. If they won't tell you then just talk with your husband and son and decide. If they don't like it - their loss. ...if you aren't seeing them at Thanksgiving and they like turkey I'd make that (but then we LOVE turkey).

Thanks Beth but I'm in Canada and we just had TG and turkey a few weeks ago. It's just really hard with these two senior citizens (him being picky) and the picky neice.

I guess what I'm asking is what is everyone's signature meal to make for company? What does your company love having as a meal at YOUR house? I was raised by my father who wasn't a cook and now don't have any family left - no siblings, grandmother or mother to ask for advice. So I'm turning to my virtual family to help plan a menu if possible.........

My guests love stuffed shells or lasagna here....that's what i make in the colder months...a salad and some italian bread..yummm

See that's what I usually make too! However, now my son can't eat lasagna or spaghetti - mine, store bought or restaurant bought. The last few times he's eaten it he's ended up in the washroom with cramps, not sure why, spices maybe? Sorry if TMI LOL! It's not the cheese since he eats everything else with cheese. So between that and the fact we just had a roast, turkey and ham I'm stuck and looking for new ideas - PC or not. If I DID end up doing the ring whatelse could I serve with it (not that I am doing it but I will if I don't get other ideas)

Here is one of my "signature" dishes.....serve it with a veggie, salad and some warm crusty bread.....

Chicken Ceciliani – serves 4
4 large boneless Chicken Breast
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 garlic clove, pressed
2 scallions, sliced thin (including green)
2 teas. Pantry Italian Seasoning
4 slices bacon
In small batter bowl, thoroughly mix together cream cheese, garlic, seasoning, and scallions. Make a slit ¾ of the way through the chicken breasts, and using a small scoop, fill with cream cheese mixture. Pull top half of chicken over bottom and place in bar pan or deep dish baker. Slice bacon in half and place in an X over the top of each chicken piece. Bake at 375◦ for 30-40 minutes or until internal temp reaches 160◦.

This recipe may be frozen before baking. Prepare as directed, place in freezer containers and freeze. To thaw, place container in refrigerator overnight, and bake as directed.

What about doing a soup, like the Greek Lemon Chicken? I've made that to take to neighbors and such and everyone has really liked it. It's easy and feeds a lot.

4 words -- "Gruyere Chicken En Croute". Sooooo good. So easy & it's a PC recipe:) Yum!

My favorite meal, for informal company meal:Grilled chicken breast (skinless) , with Southwest Seasoning. Big tossed salad (trifle bowl), low carb veggie (probably fresh green beans, steamed). Another seasonal veggie, this time of year, Kabocha squash (a very tasty easy microwaved winter squash).Plus sliced or quartered tomatoes as a side dish , perhaps with a sprinkling of thinly sliced green onions. Bread and/or cornbread for the people who can eat the carbs with impunity. You can bake the squash in the oven, add the cornbread for last 20-25 minutes.Dessert: Fresh fruit and some delicious PC bar cookie recipe.BTW, the SW seasoning isn't 'hot' but flavorful :)

Meatloaf
Mashed Potatoes (you can even do them in the Rice Cooker Plus)
Broccoli or green beans
rolls
tea

pretty simple and plain. If the niece is too picky to eat she just won't eat that night. Know what I mean?!

LOL...my feelings exactly! Guess I'd starve too though since I HATE meatloaf! :D

The niece will eat corn niblet by corn niblet chewing 100 times in between until everyone else is done and she hasn't eaten ANYthing! No potatoes, meat, nuttin'! She weighs about 80 pounds wet but has her parents wrapped around her finger - that's a whole other thread!

Keep them coming please - I'm really intrigued with the two chicken dishes - the PC one and the signature one from Becky. I'll try the southwest chicken tomorrow night for us Mary. Sounds like a nice change from the same old. I haven't even heard of the gruyere chicken - better go look that one up. Is it easy? Which cookbook?

Anyone else have a favorite meal they make for friends and family they'd be willing to share?

Thanks to ALL that have helped already. I'm starting to feel less panicky!

Hugs,

How about a chicken divan dish? I'll share the recipe if you're interested. Serve it up with warm dinner rolls and a fruit medley...delish!

Share the Chicken Divan recipe, please...Haven't had that in ages. Would be great for cooler weather.

I'd love the recipe as well. Thanks so much!

No problem. I had this recipe at a bridal shower a few years back and it was a huge hit. I've made this many times and always get lots of compliments. I believe it's a Campbells Soup recipe. The recipe serves 4, so adjust accordingly.

1 lb cooked broccoli spears (or a bag of thawed frozen broccoli is fine)
1 1/2 c cubed cooked chicken
1 can broccoli cheese soup
1/3 c milk
1/2 c shreded cheese
2 T dry bread crumbs
1 T butter, melted

Preheat oven to 400. In a 2 qt shallow dish, arrange broccoli and chicken. Mix soup and milk and pour over broccoli and chicken. Sprinkle cheese over soup mix. Mix bread crumbs and butter. Sprinkle over cheese. Bake for 25 minutes.

Enjoy!

This would make an AWESOME power cooking recipe. Just don't add the milk, bread crumbs or butter till you bake. YUM!

Thanks for sharing Diane!

I have to admit that as I was typing it I was getting hungry for some. Guess what we're having for dinner tomorrow night? LOL.

Yummy! Brocolli cheese soup is a fav here :)Thanks!

What Would You Make for Dinner?

1. What is the concept behind "What Would You Make for Dinner?"

The idea behind "What Would You Make for Dinner?" is to provide quick and easy meal solutions for busy families. We offer recipes, tips, and products that make meal planning and preparation a breeze.

2. Are the recipes in "What Would You Make for Dinner?" healthy?

Yes, we believe in using fresh, whole ingredients in our recipes. We also offer options for special dietary needs, such as gluten-free or vegetarian meals.

3. Can I use my own ingredients in the recipes from "What Would You Make for Dinner?"

Of course! Our recipes are meant to be customizable to your tastes and preferences. You can use our recipes as a guide and substitute ingredients as needed.

4. Are the ingredients in "What Would You Make for Dinner?" hard to find?

No, we try to use common ingredients that can be found in most grocery stores. We also offer alternatives and substitutions for harder-to-find items.

5. Can I access "What Would You Make for Dinner?" online?

Yes, you can access our recipes and meal planning tools through our website. You can also find our products and recipes on our social media channels.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• GourmetGirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • akrebecca