• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dcb Breakfast Casserole in the Microwave

I was thinking about that too! I think that the cheese probably thickens the grease a bit, but that's just a guess. I'm going to try using 1/2 and 1/4 of the cheese next time.
ChefPaulaB
Okay, I finally broke down and tried it. Here is the recipe that I used... We used Breakfast sausage and chorizo to make a Mexican type dish, but you could use just plain sausage or bacon or ham or whatever meat you like best. It was good, but could use a little tweaking. Next time I'll add more potatoes on the bottom. I took out my husband's serving first and it was in this nice little casserole block, then I took out my serving and it just fell apart in a puddle of grease. So we're not sure what happened there. It had good flavor and everything was cooked good with good texture (at least on my DH piece), just not sure what to do about the grease factor, that's why I was thinking more potatoes and maybe try to drain the sausage better to start with. Maybe less cheese :eek:, IDK. Anyway, we also thought that adding some chopped red peppers and a little cilantro would be great additions. I will definitely make again and I'll probably try the bacon version. All in all, a quick breakfast that'll serve a lot. You can do all of the prep the night before, cook the meat, crack all the eggs and whip, chop any veggies you want to add... Then throw it all together in the morning and less than a half hour your eating breakfast. Here is what I did:

5 thawed frozen hash brown patties, crumbled (would use more next time or use the bagged kind)
1 lb breakfast sausage (Bob Evans) (can also use bacon or ham)
1 tube Chorizo (optional for Mexican style)
2 cups colby/jack cheese (not sure exact amount really, just to taste I think)(or cheese of choice)
1 dozen eggs
salt and pepper to taste

Cook the sausage and chorizo in Family Skillet. Crumble the hash browns in the bottom of the Deep Covered Baker. Top with cooked meat, then shredded cheese of choice. Beat eggs in Classic Batter Bowl and beat with Stainless Whisk, add salt & pepper to taste. Pour over cheese, I then added additional cheese on top of eggs. Cover and place in microwave. Cook on high for 13 minutes. Serve and enjoy. We served with sour cream and salsa.

THANK YOU! Paula, for being the brave woman to do this first! :D:chef:

Now, I have a basis to go by to do it. I'm wondering, after reading yours, if I could just use the Brunch Squares recipe, and modify it a bit? Hmmm....

Interesting about the grease part. That's why I was wondering about the brunch squares, and how you bake that one....

Yeah, I thought about that too, I'm sure that recipe would work. I thought the greasy would make it better, not so dry, but it was too greasy, but that could have been from the chorizo... I don't know... but I think the 13 minutes was a good time line for the microwave...

Okay, I warmed it up for breakfast today and it is much better. I think I just had a bad piece yesterday that was saturated in grease, todays piece isn't greasy at all... not sure why, but just know that it's good for leftovers!

You have to remember 1 thing...Chorizo is VERY GREASY!! Maybe use 1 or the other. Also 2 cups of cheese (as much as I LOVE cheese) will also make it greasy. There is something about the DCB & greasy items. Even the 30 minute chicken, If you look at the dietary(sp?) break down the fat grams are very high, everyone thinks its juice from the chicken, but its also fat from the skin. I lso noticed since I cook my Corned Beef in the oven, when I tried it in the DCB it came out the same until I let it cool down to slice it, I noticed it had a slight greasy taste & it was a lean piece.....HTH

Ginger428 said:
You have to remember 1 thing...Chorizo is VERY GREASY!! Maybe use 1 or the other. Also 2 cups of cheese (as much as I LOVE cheese) will also make it greasy. There is something about the DCB & greasy items. Even the 30 minute chicken, If you look at the dietary(sp?) break down the fat grams are very high, everyone thinks its juice from the chicken, but its also fat from the skin. I lso noticed since I cook my Corned Beef in the oven, when I tried it in the DCB it came out the same until I let it cool down to slice it, I noticed it had a slight greasy taste & it was a lean piece.....HTH

Yep, I know that Chroizo is greasy, we usually use that combination to make our breakfast burritos so that's why I used both, looking for a mexican twist to the breakfast casserole. So that's why I'm thinking that if you just used the sausage alone or bacon or ham that it would be good. And I thought the same about too much cheese (as hard as saying "too much cheese" is for me)... should've skipped one of the layers. Anyway, will definitely make again, probably try bacon next time...

i have swapped the simply potatoes fresh shredded ones for the frozen hash browns in the ham n cheese brunch squares... think they will work in this one too with much less grease so you can have more cheese :)

1. How long does it take to make the DCB Breakfast Casserole in the microwave?

The total cooking time for the DCB Breakfast Casserole in the microwave is approximately 20 minutes. This includes both preparation and cooking time.

2. Can I use frozen hash browns in the DCB Breakfast Casserole?

Yes, you can use frozen hash browns in the DCB Breakfast Casserole. Just make sure to thaw and drain them before adding them to the casserole.

3. Can I substitute the sausage for a different type of meat?

Yes, you can use any type of meat you prefer in the DCB Breakfast Casserole. Just make sure to fully cook and drain it before adding it to the casserole.

4. Can I make the DCB Breakfast Casserole ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the DCB Breakfast Casserole ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to cook. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time to account for the casserole being cold.

5. Can I use a different type of cheese in the DCB Breakfast Casserole?

Yes, you can use any type of grated cheese you prefer in the DCB Breakfast Casserole. Cheddar, mozzarella, and pepper jack are all great options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB