• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Sausage in the Bar Pan: My Experience

In summary, to prevent sausages from sticking to the bar pan, preheat the pan in the oven and lightly coat it with cooking spray or oil. Frozen sausages can also be used, but cooking time should be increased. The recommended cooking time for sausages is 20-25 minutes at 375°F, but always check with a meat thermometer. Other meats can also be cooked in the bar pan, with adjusted time and temperature. To clean the bar pan after cooking sausages, let it cool and soak in warm soapy water, then gently scrub and rinse. Avoid using metal utensils or harsh cleaners.
pkd09
Silver Member
I absolutely love cooking my bacon in the bar pan but was wondering yesterday morning while I was cooking sausage if it could be done. Has anyone tried sausage links and/or patties?

I do sausage links on my bar pan quite often. I buy the Bob Evans sausage links, and there are directions on the package for doing them in the oven.

Really? I guess I better play closer attention to packaging instructions. Thanks!:)

Oh - just to clarify, these are the raw sausage links in casings, not precooked or smoked.

I've done all kinds on stoneware and they always turn out great.

1. How do I prevent the sausage from sticking to the bar pan?

To prevent the sausage from sticking to the bar pan, make sure to preheat the pan in the oven before adding the sausages. This will create a non-stick surface. You can also lightly coat the pan with cooking spray or oil before adding the sausages.

2. Can I use frozen sausages in the bar pan?

Yes, you can use frozen sausages in the bar pan. Just make sure to increase the cooking time by about 5-10 minutes to ensure they are cooked through.

3. How long should I cook the sausages in the bar pan?

The cooking time for sausages in the bar pan will vary depending on the type and size of the sausages. In general, it is recommended to cook them for 20-25 minutes at 375°F. However, it is important to always check the internal temperature of the sausages with a meat thermometer to ensure they are fully cooked.

4. Can I cook other meats in the bar pan?

Yes, you can cook other meats in the bar pan such as chicken, pork, and beef. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly. It is also important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the meat is cooked to the appropriate temperature.

5. How do I clean the bar pan after cooking sausages?

To clean the bar pan after cooking sausages, let it cool down completely and then soak it in warm soapy water to loosen any stuck-on bits. Use a non-abrasive sponge or brush to gently scrub the pan, then rinse it thoroughly and dry it with a clean towel. Do not use metal utensils or harsh cleaners on the bar pan to avoid damaging its non-stick coating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sandilou
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sandilou
Replies
Views
wcsis