• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Bacon in a Bar Pan: Frozen or Thawed?

No, the rack has not changed so they can't be removed. Just make sure the bacon isn't touching the grease.
soniascookin
I had a question on making bacon in the bar pan.

I do it all the time and LLOOVVEE it. I'm telling one of my coworkers about it (and hopefully she'll book a show) since she came in complaining about the bacon grease burns and mess.

anyway she mentioned she would have to defrost her bacon to try it.
has anyone ever tried this with the bacon frozen?

thanks!

Sonia

Defrost it first otherwise it will not cook correctly. All you have to do is put the plastic package in a sink full of cold water for about 15-20 minutes. Of course, don't do this if you get your bacon from the butcher or something...butcher paper in water doesn't work!

And if you thaw it on a stone or in cookware, it will thaw quicker b/c it draws the water out.

I just put my bacon in the microwave at 50% power for 1-2 minutes depending on the thicknessof my bacon. It doesn't cook it and it makes it come apart real nice and then I just put my unused bacon in my bacon keeper and use it the next time (if I have any unused bacon!;) :D :rolleyes: ) my hubby loves bacon!

I would recommend definitely thawing it for a minute in the micro before separating them. Also, I would also use the grate of the cooling rack placed inside of the pan so that the bacon can crisp up and not touch the grease when you bake it.

The cooling rack has plastic feet protectors. You probably don't want those in the oven.

DebbieJ said:
The cooling rack has plastic feet protectors. You probably don't want those in the oven.

I've seen a PC consultant take them off and baked the bacon with just the grate... has the rack changed so they cant be removed?

1. Can I cook frozen bacon in a bar pan?

Yes, you can cook frozen bacon in a bar pan. It may take slightly longer to cook than thawed bacon, but the end result will still be delicious.

2. How do I prevent bacon from sticking to the bar pan?

To prevent bacon from sticking to the bar pan, lightly coat the pan with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper before placing the bacon on it.

3. What temperature should I set my oven to when cooking bacon in a bar pan?

We recommend setting your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit when cooking bacon in a bar pan. This allows the bacon to cook evenly and become crispy.

4. How long should I cook bacon in a bar pan?

The cooking time for bacon in a bar pan can vary depending on the thickness and type of bacon. On average, it takes about 20-25 minutes to cook bacon in a bar pan at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

5. Can I use a bar pan to cook bacon in the microwave?

Yes, you can use a bar pan to cook bacon in the microwave. Place a few sheets of paper towels on the bar pan, lay the bacon on top, and cover with an additional paper towel. Microwave for 5-6 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked to your desired level of crispiness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wcsis
  • pkd09
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
rennea
  • Dotty
  • Products and Tips
Replies