• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking With Bacon and Pancakes: A Delightful Dinner Adventure!

In summary, the author cooked bacon and brownies in a large bar pan. The author prefers them cooked at a lower temperature. The author thinks that this is how bacon should be cooked. The author also recommends that bacon be cooked in a way that the consumer likes it.
Jenni
Ok so tonight we had breakfast for dinner...YUM-O
I really wanted to try bacon in the large bar pan myself before talking about how great it was to guests at a show. I heated over to 400 and it took almost 30 minutes.. I did not use parchment, thought I had some but didn't. The Cd I have been listening to with selling tips said 20 minutes. Anyone have any input?

Also... I wanted to try the pancakes but the cook at 375...different temp then the bacon. Has anyone ever used to large bar pans and cooked them at the same time???

I was just stone happy tonight. I also made the brownies with the nuts and rolos... I used two boxes of brownie mix, since last time they were so thin with one. It seem to take forever to bake almost 40 minutes does that sound right?

I've never made the brownies with two boxes of brownie mix. It took me a long time to cook bacon, too.

I've made bacon before, it depends on how you like your bacon. I usually put it in for longer but have learned to take it out before it's done. It always crisps up more after it's off the pan.

As for the brownies, I only do 1 box. Find the box that says for 9x13 pans. They will be thin but they are still good.

I don't know about the bacon, but I have made the Pancakes in the Large Bar Pan and they were a hit with my kids.:) I let them use cookie cutters to cut the pancakes into the shapes they wanted.

I cook the bacon at 425 for about 18 - 20 minutes. I have a gas oven so I like to keep the rack rather low for cooking bacon.

My thoughts are you must like your bacon the same way I do, well done! My husband likes his what I call soggy. His takes 15-20 min mine at least 30 or more. I always explain it just like this at my shows with a joke and tell people to watch it the first time they try it and then after that they can set a timer and not have to check it until it is done. Everyone likes their bacon differently. I do sell alot of bar pans because of this though.

Jenni said:
Ok so tonight we had breakfast for dinner...YUM-O
I really wanted to try bacon in the large bar pan myself before talking about how great it was to guests at a show. I heated over to 400 and it took almost 30 minutes.. I did not use parchment, thought I had some but didn't. The Cd I have been listening to with selling tips said 20 minutes. Anyone have any input?

Also... I wanted to try the pancakes but the cook at 375...different temp then the bacon. Has anyone ever used to large bar pans and cooked them at the same time???

I was just stone happy tonight. I also made the brownies with the nuts and rolos... I used two boxes of brownie mix, since last time they were so thin with one. It seem to take forever to bake almost 40 minutes does that sound right?
I'm not kidding here, I double took on your post, and then let out a sigh of relief! I thought it said, "I was just stoned & happy tonight!" :eek: :eek: :blushing: LOL!:D Well, I'm going now, off to bed! Because I'm obviously having trouble reading!:D :rolleyes:

MissChef said:
I'm not kidding here, I double took on your post, and then let out a sigh of relief! I thought it said, "I was just stoned & happy tonight!" :eek: :eek: :blushing: LOL!:D Well, I'm going now, off to bed! Because I'm obviously having trouble reading!:D :rolleyes:

I wasn't stoned for real but I meant it as a little fun haha play on words! :D

I bake bacon at 425 for about 15 minutes. I love it this way!

how do you do the pancakes in the bar pan? very curious my whole family loves pancakes. and the idea of being able to cut them into shapes is even better for my children who would love to be able to do that.

That's how it is for me and bacon too. It depends on the bacon (thick sliced, etc) and how well you like it done. If you want it to get done a little faster, try upping it to 425. Just make sure you check it more often.

1. Can I use any type of pancake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of pancake mix for this recipe. However, we recommend using a mix that calls for milk instead of water for a richer and fluffier pancake.

2. Can I substitute turkey bacon for regular bacon?

Yes, you can substitute turkey bacon for regular bacon in this recipe. Just keep in mind that turkey bacon tends to be leaner and may not crisp up as much as regular bacon.

3. How do I prevent the pancakes from getting soggy from the bacon grease?

To prevent the pancakes from getting soggy, we recommend cooking the bacon separately and draining the excess grease before adding it to the pancakes. You can also pat the cooked bacon with a paper towel to remove any excess grease.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it?

While the pancakes and bacon can be made ahead of time and reheated, we recommend cooking them fresh for the best flavor and texture. If you do need to make it ahead of time, store the pancakes and bacon separately and reheat in the oven or microwave.

5. Can I add other ingredients to this recipe?

Yes, you can add other ingredients to this recipe to make it your own. Some delicious additions could be diced apples or bananas in the pancake batter, or shredded cheese and green onions on top of the cooked pancakes. Get creative and have fun with it!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kewaters
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pkd09
Replies
Views
wcsis
Replies
Views
PamperedDor