• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Perfect Pancakes: Tips for Cooking in a Large Bar Pan

In summary, the recipe for pancakes in the large bar pan is to mix 3 eggs, 1 tsp. salt, 1 ½ c. milk, 1 t. sugar, 3 t. oil, 1 ½ c. flour, 2 tsp. baking powder, and 1-2 (8 oz) pkg. brown n serve pre-cooked sausage links. Place sausages over batter. Bake 15 - 20 min at 450° until slightly golden.
kewaters
How do you tell customers to make pancakes in the large bar pan? I've heard there are issues with them sticking and coming out very thin. So, any insight into cooking temp/time and type of pancake mix, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks!

I've never tried it myself, but I've always heard you make one large pancake, and cut it into squares.

Here is the recipe I pass on. I also tell them not to use Bisquick because it comes out kinda dry. They can use Aunt Jemima if they don't want to make it from scratch.

Oven Pancake and Sausage Dish
From the kitchen of Angeline Blocher
3 eggs 1 tsp. Salt 1 ½ c. milk
1 t. sugar 3 t. oil 1 ½ c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder 1-2 (8 oz) pkg. brown n serve pre-cooked sausage links
2 tsp. baking powder
Mix all ingredients, except sausage links. Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan. Place sausages over batter. Bake 15 - 20 min at 450° until slightly golden. Serve with butter and syrup. (Note: I sliced the sausages into pieces when I brought it to MOPS, but usually just lay them on top of the batter when making it at home.)
Note : If you don’t have time for homemade pancakes – using your dry mix and “recipe” guide – follow the serving size which generates 2 c. of the dry mix and proceed! DELICIOUS!

I've made pancakes in the large bar pan several times with great success. I've used both box mixes and "from scratch" ones without any noticeable difference in how they cook, look, and/or taste. Mine never come out too thin, in fact, they are a bit thicker than traditionally made pancakes. I usually brush a bit of melted butter on the bar pan and bake them at 400 or 425 degrees for between 15 and 20 mins. I also brush a bit more melted butter on top during the last 5 mins. to make them more browned, but the bottom usually comes out more evenly browned anyway. I tell my customers that no matter how you make pancakes, one side always comes out looking better than the other - just flip the "good" side up when serving. :D
I can get 20 (or 16 4 inch) 3 inch square pancakes out of a bar pan which is far more than hubby & I can eat. I freeze the rest in ziploc bags, already portioned out, so when I want pancakes in a hurry, I just pop a couple in either the microwave or toaster.
I talk about this at every show, pointing out the benefit of having all the pancakes done at once without having to stand at the stove cooking while everyone else eats. It's also a great way to make pancakes if you are "flip-challenged" (like me!) and can't ever seem to flip pancakes over without folding them, having them land on another pancake or making a mess. It's the ONLY way I make pancakes now!:thumbup:

Cathy,
how big a batch do you make from the mixes?

lauriedip said:
Cathy,
how big a batch do you make from the mixes?

I use the standard recipe measurements on the box, which is usually around 2 cups of mix, plus wet ingedients. In other words, I don't halve, double or alter the amount. That amount fills up the large bar pan quite nicely.

thanks everyone!

My husband calls them Stone Cakes...lol

i tried this this morning, mine didn't brown up very well, but i don't think i had enough stuff in the pan, seemed thin, but if i can get it to work, it is interesting

Wheels in head are turning....

What about adding one of our sweet sprinkles to the batter....
OR
thinly slice apple slices, add cinnamon/sugar, microwave for a few minutes to soften then add to batter

1. How many pancakes can I make in the Large Bar Pan?

The Large Bar Pan can hold up to 12 pancakes at a time.

2. Do I need to grease the Large Bar Pan before making pancakes?

Yes, it is recommended to lightly grease the pan with cooking spray or oil before pouring in the pancake batter.

3. Can I use the Large Bar Pan to make other breakfast foods?

Yes, the Large Bar Pan can also be used to make other breakfast foods such as eggs, bacon, and French toast.

4. How do I clean the Large Bar Pan after making pancakes?

The Large Bar Pan is dishwasher safe, but can also be easily cleaned with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge.

5. Is the Large Bar Pan oven safe?

Yes, the Large Bar Pan is oven safe up to 450°F and can be used for baking other dishes besides pancakes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PamperedDor
Replies
Views
urbnk8
  • raebates
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci