• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Pancakes on LG Bar Pan: Tips & Tricks for Quick Supper

In summary, Sarah recommends making pancakes on Shrove Tuesday. She recommends using a very thin batter and frying them in oil. She also recommends sugar and syrup on top.
peichef
At a show on Sunday a guest (former PC consultant) recommended cooking pancakes on the lg bar pan.

Anyone here who has done that?? If so, what temp & how long?? I have a PC fundraiser at my house tonight. 3 kids home, hubby out-of-town. I'm thinking it's a quick & easy supper with minimal clean-up.

Premade pancakes or from scratch? I'm intrigued...

yep. scratch pancakes. though I don't think it would matter if from scratch or package...

I have heard this and it bakes into one rectangular pancake. It would be fun to cut various shapes out of it after it baked. Get out those cookie cutters!

So anyone know at what temp and for how long?

I found this in the file called "A day in the life of a stoneware bar pan.doc"Pancakes the easy way
2 cups bisquick, 2 eggs, 1 cup milk. Pour batter into bar pan and bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Cut into squares with Pizza Cutter and add your favorite toppings. Use the Apple Peeler Corer Slicer to top the batter with perfect thin apple slices and you will have WONDERFUL apple pancakes!

It would be lots of fun to use the creative cutters to make fun shapes, especially for the kiddos.

its a favorite with bananas too--Great x-mass morning recipe

I am going to have to have breakfast for dinner one night because I have been itching to try it but nobody has time for breakfast in the morning.

update:made the pancakes for supper (before any postings for temp / time). I did them at 375F for awhile (didn't time them). Cut 1/2 the pan into lg stars (the only big cutters I have that aren't holiday related) & the other 1/2 into squares.The kids LOVED it!! The 3 of them ate the entire pan. (2 did most of the eating.) The pan I used wasn't super-well seasoned & I didn't spray first. A few were a little tricky to get out cleanly, other than that no problems.This was a great way to do pancakes b/c they are all ready at once. No running to turn & serve batch after batch. Everyone eats together wile the pancakes are warm.

Geekgirl69 said:
I found this in the file called "A day in the life of a stoneware bar pan.doc"

Pancakes the easy way
2 cups bisquick, 2 eggs, 1 cup milk. Pour batter into bar pan and bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Cut into squares with Pizza Cutter and add your favorite toppings. Use the Apple Peeler Corer Slicer to top the batter with perfect thin apple slices and you will have WONDERFUL apple pancakes!

When I do apple pancakes in the bar pan, I put the apples down first and pour the batter over the top -- so yummy!

Sk8Mom209 said:
When I do apple pancakes in the bar pan, I put the apples down first and pour the batter over the top -- so yummy!

OHHHHH yummm....

I do pancakes in the bar pan all the time. My familiy are pancake nuts so this works well. Little tip.... if you have 2 bar pans you can do Bacon on one and then do pancakes on the other. You have breakfast in no time!

I wonder how it would taste with a little caramel or cinnamon sprinkle over the top before baking....

Ok, that's it!! I'm doing Bar Pan pancakes and bacon for Sunday breakfast at our Ladies' Retreat in September.

Of course, I'll have to practice at home first! I'm thinking of doing a layer of blueberries, and pouring the batter over them. Instant blueberry pancakes - what do you think?

Sarah

I can't wait to do pancakes in the 20cm Sauté Pan, but not the kind of pancakes you guys would be making but real ones! ;)

pamperedthorpe said:
I can't wait to do pancakes in the 20cm Sauté Pan, but not the kind of pancakes you guys would be making but real ones! ;)
real ones!?!?! what are Brit pancakes like vs North American??? Please share your recipe :)

I think you'd probably call them crepes -very thin shallow-fried batter - but we were calling them pancakes before you! ;)

I know what she is talking about - In Ireland they have Pancake Tuesday and its like a holiday or something - no maple syrup either - its like sugar on top - My kids crack up when we are there and my inlaws talk about Pancakes - I now bring over some mix and make them for them - they LOVE Yank Pancakes!! (and the syrup is NOW available......)

PamperedDor said:
In Ireland they have Pancake Tuesday and its like a holiday or something
It's Shrove Tuesday, and it's the day before the start of Lent. The idea was that milk and eggs were two luxury foods that poor people in the feudal ages shouldn't eat, so they mixed them with flour and made pancakes so they would have a luxuryless Lent until Easter!

PamperedDor said:
no maple syrup either - its like sugar on top
Sugar and lemon juice, roll them up into a tube, fabulous!

Yup thats it - forgot the lemon - BUT My inlaws call it Pancake Tuesday -never heard the other term - We had like pancakes at tea time (lunch here in the good 'ole USA) I just like the idea that I didn't have to have a big meal prepared by noon!!! LOL!!!!

What is an LG Bar Pan and how does it differ from a regular pan?

An LG Bar Pan is a stoneware baking pan specifically designed for use in the oven. It is made from natural clay and has a glazed surface that is non-stick and easy to clean. Unlike a regular pan, it is not made from metal and is not suitable for use on the stovetop.

Can I use the LG Bar Pan to cook pancakes?

Yes, the LG Bar Pan can be used to cook pancakes. It is great for making large batches of pancakes at once and the stoneware material helps to evenly distribute heat for perfectly cooked pancakes.

Do I need to prepare the LG Bar Pan before using it to cook pancakes?

Yes, it is recommended to lightly grease the LG Bar Pan with cooking spray or butter before using it to cook pancakes. This will help prevent the pancakes from sticking to the pan.

What are some tips for cooking pancakes on the LG Bar Pan?

To ensure even cooking, preheat the LG Bar Pan in the oven before adding the pancake batter. Use a ladle or measuring cup to pour the batter onto the pan and leave enough space between each pancake for easy flipping. Flip the pancakes when bubbles start to form on the surface and cook until golden brown on both sides.

Can I use the LG Bar Pan to make other dishes besides pancakes?

Yes, the LG Bar Pan can be used to cook a variety of dishes such as casseroles, roasted vegetables, and even desserts. Its versatile design and non-stick surface make it a great tool for all types of cooking in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kewaters
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • mapiklfish
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mapiklfish
Replies