• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Cook Bacon in the Bar Pan?

Oh no, parchment paper definitely makes a HUGE mess. I've never used it and never will. The splattering in the oven is probably because the bacon is so thick - it doesn't stretch and the pieces don't move around as much. Some people just feel like it's easier to use parchment, I'm not sure why. It definitely depends on your preference!
nickywsn
I know I've seen this on here before, but how do you cook bacon in the bar pan? I have my first show Thursday and wanted to try it out before then so I could tell about it. Thanks!

I do it for about 18 minutes at 425. :D HTH!

It depends on your oven!And it depends on if you like it chewy, crispy or burnt. I know burnt...yuck but my friend loves it that way.

400 degrees for 20 minutes up to a pound.

Debbie

I just lay it out pretty close together and bake at 400 degrees for 15 -20 mins. I usually make turkey bacon, but reg comes out great too. You an line the pan with parchment paper to help with clean up!!!

Oh yeah, the parchment paper makes all the difference! Cleanup is a breeze:D I love baking my bacon in this pan; don't have to worry about splatters when you're flipping it.

lacychef said:
Oh yeah, the parchment paper makes all the difference! Cleanup is a breeze:D I love baking my bacon in this pan; don't have to worry about splatters when you're flipping it.

DO NOT cook withOUT parchment. I did it once and will NEVER do it again. Unless you are tying to season the stone, then it gets lots of fat on it, but clean up is horrible.

I LOVE it with the parchment though!

bacon tip for your shows: when you pull the bacon out of the fridge, make a wave with it (lift lboth sides up then both sides down (like a u, then an n) then like a wave). The pieces will keep thier shape when you pull them apart and will not stretch.

So, you just cook the whole package without seperating the pieces?

No -- sorry -- you pull apart and cook as ususal. they just don't stretch out when you pull them apart after you ruffle the bag.

ok. I was getting EXCITED about just being bale to throw it in the ban! ha!:D

Thanks!Thanks guys! I knew I could count on you!

I love making bacon in the bar pan - I wouldn't cook it any other way! I never use parchment paper and I don't find it difficult to clean. seperate the pieces and cook!! 425 - for about 15 minutes.

I tell anyone that buys their first stone - to go home an either make bacon or meat loaf and they have a beautifully seasoned stone!

love itI also LOVE baking bacon on my Bar Pan. I usually bake at 400 for about 15-20 minutes, depending on the thickness. I prefer not to use parchment, just because I make a bigger mess getting the parchment off the bar pan (don't ask me how, lol). I just clean my stone with baking soda after I make bacon. Keeps it squeky clean! :)

I have to try this!! Sounds easier than making that huge mess on the stovetop!!!!

I've done this too and love the no fuss part of it, but my oven was already dirty. Does this cause splattering in the oven? Also, why do some of you feel it is easier to use parchment paper? I've done it both ways and off the top of my head, I can't see that there was much difference.

Related to How Do You Cook Bacon in the Bar Pan?

1. How long should I cook bacon in the bar pan?

It typically takes about 15-20 minutes to cook bacon in the bar pan, depending on the thickness of the bacon and your desired level of crispiness.

2. Do I need to preheat the bar pan before cooking bacon?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat the bar pan in the oven for about 5 minutes before adding the bacon. This helps to ensure even cooking and prevent sticking.

3. Can I use the bar pan to cook bacon in the microwave?

No, the bar pan is not suitable for use in the microwave. It is designed to be used in the oven for best results.

4. Do I need to flip the bacon while cooking in the bar pan?

No, you do not need to flip the bacon while cooking in the bar pan. The heat from the oven will cook the bacon evenly on both sides.

5. How do I clean the bar pan after cooking bacon?

The bar pan is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water for best results. Let it cool down before washing and avoid using harsh scrubbing pads to prevent damaging the non-stick coating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Dotty
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • Shari in TX
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
Replies