1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Shallow Micro-Cooker bent/twisted

1. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

I just used the Shallow Micro-Cooker (the rectangle one) for the first time for bacon yesterday. The bacon turned out WONDERFUL!

After using, I rinsed it out and set it in the sink for a little while until I could empty the dishwasher so I could place the cooker into the dishwasher.

When I went to put it in the dishwasher, the pieces had "twisted" - like how a thin baking sheet will do in the oven. The bottom and the "grate" part are definitely askew...I think the lid is fine.

Has anyone had this happen???

It is past the 30 days unfortunately. :(

May 22, 2016
  2. Mine did the same thing. When I put it together it lays flat so I don't worry about it. Maybe if you put it back together while it is cooling then it won't do that.

3. Is this normal or is PC working on the problem? Sounds like a defect?

May 24, 2016
  4. I didn't call on it so I don't know. Mine works fine when the cover is on.

5. kam

I put it through the dishwasher hoping that would help, but it did not. The cover did not "twist" so when I put it together, the base and the grate are "askew" together and the lid won't go on since it is still straight.

I am not sure if this is a defect or not. But, I don't think I am going to chance it with another one. I bought this only for the purpose of cooking bacon. Oh well.

May 25, 2016
  6. It may be past the 30 days for free return shipping but if you don't like how it works you should call HO.

7. thov99

thov99

Mine did the same thing, but it still works.

May 26, 2016
  8. kam

Glad (kind of) that it just isn't me. But I am shocked that they are continuing to sell this if this is happening.

If I exchange it, I am thinking the next one will do the same thing.

May 26, 2016
  9. If you read the instructions, which I finally did after mine bent, when making bacon, you're supposed to take it out of the microwave and flip the bacon. This brief opening of the baker allows slight cooling and thus prevents the twisting caused by excess heat.

May 31, 2016
  10. Glad to read all these. I thought I was the only one. I figured I had done something wrong so I did not call HO. But I don't want to sell it either because it isn't the normal Pampered Chef standard.

11. kam

Yes, I did do this! Though, I did cook the whole pound of bacon. I did take my time getting the cooked bacon off and the new bacon on, too.

I agree with you that it really isn't up to PC standard. If I got this anywhere else for around $10 and this happened, I wouldn't have thought twice about it. But, I do expect more out of a PC product. I will not hesitate to spend more on something if I think it is going to last.

After only one use, it looks like some old thing I used over and over again years ago and shouldn't even still have!

Jun 1, 2016
  12. I think if it still works then I'm not going to worry about mine twisting. I don't use it at shows though.

Have something to add?