• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Micro-Cooker Residue: Causes and Solutions

In summary, the customer is concerned about a film coming off her Micro-Cooker and whether or not it is safe to use. The customer has had the same issue with the Micro-Cooker for years and is not sure if she would buy it again if she were a customer.
chefsusantaylor
At my both this weekend I had a question posed to me from a customer who has a Micro-Cooker. She said it has a filmy resudue and is concerned about continuing using it. Does anyone know anything about this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!:

Sounds like it could be hard water issues.

Mine has that, too. I've been told it's from heating it too long in the microwave. It doesn't look pretty, but it still works. Someone from CS posted something about it, and HO said that the microcooker was still use-able.

I appreciate the information. She was concerned about platic in the microwave being unsafe. Something she read I think. I told her that Pampered Chef would notify us of anything dangerous. I wanted to be able to reassure her that it was safe. I assume there is nothing she can do to take this film away. I didn't acutally see the product so I don't know what it looks or feels like.
This web site is such a tremendous help and resource. So glad I signed on!:love:

I've had a couple of people ask lately about the safety of using plastic in the microwave. I have assured them that, while there are issues with heating foods in some plastics, our micro-cookers are heat safe. There is no safety issue with them.

Does she wash it in the dishwasher? Mine gets a white film from the dishwasher (top rack)....

She didn't say anything about the dishwasher, but I plan to call her later today with all the great info I got here so I will ask that question. Does the white film on yours not come off? Can you feel it?

I have the micro-cooker. I use it to heat up sauce or to melt butter in the microwave but can not bring it to shows. There is a ring around the inside from the sauce and it will not go away no matter how much scrubbing I do. Like the product for my purposes but not sure I would if I were a customer.

You can feel the film... it feels waxy to me... but I usually just give a good wipe with a paper towel. I'm sure it's just because of the kind of detergent used in dishwashers.... same reasons we're not supposed to put our cookware in there, probably. I've done this for years and it doesn't seem like any of us have suffered ill effects from it.

1. What is the size of the 2776 Small Micro-Cooker®?

The 2776 Small Micro-Cooker® has a capacity of 1 quart or 1 liter, making it perfect for small portions or side dishes.

2. Is the 2776 Small Micro-Cooker® safe for microwave use?

Yes, the 2776 Small Micro-Cooker® is made with microwave-safe materials and can be used in the microwave to cook or reheat food quickly and easily.

3. Can I use the 2776 Small Micro-Cooker® for other purposes besides cooking?

Absolutely! The 2776 Small Micro-Cooker® is versatile and can also be used as a storage container or to steam vegetables, melt chocolate, or make popcorn in the microwave.

4. How do I clean the 2776 Small Micro-Cooker®?

The 2776 Small Micro-Cooker® is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. It can also be hand washed with warm soapy water and a soft sponge.

5. Is the 2776 Small Micro-Cooker® BPA-free?

Yes, the 2776 Small Micro-Cooker® is made with BPA-free materials, ensuring that your food is safe and healthy to eat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• taterbug
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • DessertDivaFL
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
  • Kandio