• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why is my rice not turning out in the Micro Cooker?

In summary, the customer is having trouble with the rice not turning out. She's using regular ole rice and the directions that come with her rice cooker. The problem is that the rice cooker is not designed to cook regular ole rice. She's going to have to try another type of rice.
naekelsey
Gold Member
I have a customer that was so excited to get the micro cooker, until she used it....She has tried 3 different times, following the directions, but can't get the rice to turn out. I am not sure what to tell her because I haven't had any problems with it. Any suggestions out there?

Thanks

the rice cooker or the micro cooker?

My mistake...Sorry....The Rice Cooker!!!!

What kind of rice is she using? I've tried the minute rice and rice-a-roni in it and it doesn't come out at all. So I got a bag of Jasmine rice and have had really good results with that.

I just buy regular ole rice (store brand), follow the directions that come with the Rice Cooker, and it comes out perfect every time!

What kind of problems is your customer having? Overcooked? Undercooked?

ElizabethPurvis said:
What kind of rice is she using? I've tried the minute rice and rice-a-roni in it and it doesn't come out at all. So I got a bag of Jasmine rice and have had really good results with that.
Those 2 products are not "standard" rice, so they're not what the rice cooker is designed to cook. You could probably do minute rice, but follow the directions on the box, rather than the directions that come with the cooker.

I use my rice cooker for every imaginable kind of rice, with perfect results every time. Ijust use the micro-wave instructions for what ever product I am using. I LOVE my rice-cooker

I use the box directions for for the rice and it comes out right in my micro cooker.

I usually have to use a little bit less water with Minute Rice, but it always turns out. I also use it for Instant Mashed Potatoes, and Stuffing with the BEST results. :)

It take a little while to figure out just what works right... 6 months for me to be exact, after my mom gave up and gave it to me. Now I'm thinking of buying her a new one! :D

I didn't even think to ask if her rice was coming out under or over cooked. I will find out tomorrow.

I've never thought about using it for stuffing... I can NEVER get my stuffing right! I will have to try this sometime when I need a home cooked meal :) thanks for another great use of the rice-cooker!

1. What are the most common problems with the Micro Cooker?

Some of the most common problems reported with the Micro Cooker include warping or discoloration of the plastic lid, difficulty opening or closing the lid, and the handle becoming loose or falling off.

2. Why is the lid difficult to open or close on the Micro Cooker?

The lid may be difficult to open or close if it becomes warped due to high heat or improper use. It is important to use the Micro Cooker according to the instructions and avoid exposing it to excessive heat.

3. Can I use the Micro Cooker in the oven?

No, the Micro Cooker is not safe to use in the oven. It is designed for use in the microwave only.

4. What should I do if the handle on my Micro Cooker becomes loose?

If the handle on your Micro Cooker becomes loose, you can try tightening the screws on the handle using a Phillips head screwdriver. If this does not solve the issue, please contact Pampered Chef customer service for further assistance.

5. How can I prevent the plastic lid of the Micro Cooker from becoming discolored?

To prevent discoloration of the plastic lid, avoid using the Micro Cooker at high temperatures for extended periods of time. Also, make sure to properly clean the lid after each use and avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive scrubbers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedChefTerri
  • Senkimekia
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Senkimekia
  • avelissar