1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: What to use in place of small micro cooker?

1. tracyt

tracyt Novice Member

I am going to do the following recipe at an upcoming brunch, but I don't have the small micro cooker. I will probably need to at least triple the recipe to have enough also. I'm trying to keep my costs down and really don't want to have to buy it. Has anyone done this recipe in the microwave with something different? Would the Classic Batter Bowl work? Anything else?

Thanks,
    Tracy

Extra-Special Hot Chocolate
    3 cups milk
    1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
    3 tablespoons powdered chocolate drink mix
    Miniature marshmallows (optional)

1. Combine milk and chocolate morsels in Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave on HIGH 3 minutes; whisk until thoroughly blended using Stainless Steel Whisk. Add powdered drink mix; whisk until combined.
    2. Microwave on HIGH 2-2 1/2 minutes or until hot. Pour into mugs; top each serving with miniature marshmallows, if desired. Serve hot.

Yield: 4 servings

Oct 23, 2009
  2. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

I would think the Batter Bowl would work ok for this, but you may want to test this out at home first. If you're tripling you'll have to adjust the cook time but I would probably micro for 2-3 minutes, stir, and repeat 2 more times. Just to be sure that the chocolate melts evenly.

Oct 23, 2009
  3. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

If you are going to triple this recipe, it won't fit in the Batter Bowl. the Batter Bowl is only 8 cups.

Oct 23, 2009
  4. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

The Batter Bowl should work, but as Ginger pointed out, you'll need to make it in 2 batches. Use the lid, but be sure it just rests on top and isn't "sealed" closed. If you secure the lid and microwave, it will warp the lid.

Try a practice run at home so you can adjust accordingly.

Have a great show!

5. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

The micro cookers are smaller than the batter bowl, so you'd need 2 batches anyway.

You MAY want to put a paper towel over it as you microwave and point out that if you'd had the micro cooker you wouldn't have to worry about making a mess ...

Oct 26, 2009
  6. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I agree with everyone else... I haven't tried it but thanks for posting the recipe, I will be trying this out, my son just loves hot chocolate, I usually just use the powdered kind that you mix with hot water but I'll give this a try for a special treat!

Oct 26, 2009
Have something to add?