• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Steel Cut Oats in the Micro Cooker?

In summary, the Micro Cooker is a microwave-safe container made of durable plastic and a vented lid for steaming. It is perfect for cooking steel cut oats in the microwave, allowing for toppings to be added before or after cooking. It is also dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash the lid.
Kandio
I had customer at a show last night who bought the micro cooker to cook steel cut oats. I have a couple of customers who use theirs for regular oatmeal, but I have no idea of a cooking time for the steel cut oats, I'm told they take much longer to cook than regular oatmeal.

Does anyone know how long it takes in the micro cooker?

Another customer at the show said she uses her's to make hot tea - I had never heard of that, but it's a great idea! I just wanted to pass it along.

Thanks,

Kandi

thanks for the info

For steel cut oats: I imagine they'd take the same amount of time as the stovetop. The microwave will boil water faster than the stove, but cooking the grain itself won't be done any faster. That's why rice takes the same time in the Rice Cooker as it does on the stove.

What is the Micro Cooker?

The Micro Cooker is a specialized microwave-safe container designed for cooking and reheating food quickly and efficiently. It is made of durable plastic and has a vented lid for steaming.

Can I cook steel cut oats in the Micro Cooker?

Yes, the Micro Cooker is perfect for cooking steel cut oats in the microwave. The vented lid allows steam to escape, preventing the oats from becoming soggy.

How do I cook steel cut oats in the Micro Cooker?

To cook steel cut oats in the Micro Cooker, simply combine 1/4 cup of oats with 3/4 cup of water or milk in the container. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, stirring halfway through. Let it sit for a few minutes before serving.

Can I add toppings to my steel cut oats while cooking in the Micro Cooker?

Yes, you can add toppings such as fruit, nuts, and spices to your steel cut oats before or after cooking in the Micro Cooker. Just make sure to stir them in well to evenly distribute the flavors.

Is the Micro Cooker dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Micro Cooker is top-rack dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing the lid to prolong its lifespan and prevent warping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• taterbug
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • tracyt
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • chefsusantaylor