• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Micro Cooker Keeps Boiling Over

that is so funny a fellow ALFer! The whole time we were dating I kept going ALF, my maiden initials were ALS, so my DH would call me Amanda Sue AS*. Oh it would irk me, then one day we were at the grocery store and there was a girl named Amanda Sue, we just walked out laughing so hard. My DH said I hope her last name doesn't start w/ an S. Thanks for the laugh!:D
andiphant
:eek: Help, I recently read all the great ideas for how to use my micro-cooker. I've had it for years and only used it for canned veggies til now! Anyway I put in some pasta and water for about 5 minutes and it boils over everywhere making the biggest mess in the microwave. I don't think it was overfull, it wasn't even half-full. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks!

I don't have that problem, but what i would do is to just keep checking it every few minutes.

Did you have the lid on when cooking the pasta, I have found with the lid it boils over, I only use the lid to drain with pasta.
I hope that helps!

Aha! That sounds like a good solution. I did have the lid on it.

PS I always think you are me because I am an "ALF" too, lol. That's the first thing I considered when I met my husband. I thought "oh, great if I marry him my initials will be ALF" Guess he was worth it ;)

andiphant said:

PS I always think you are me because I am an "ALF" too, lol. That's the first thing I considered when I met my husband. I thought "oh, great if I marry him my initials will be ALF" Guess he was worth it ;)

I am an ASH...I always told my mother that I wouldn't be able to marry a man with a last name that started with an "S"...or I would be an AS(you get the picture)!!!

my son's initals are BTW (by the way) and my daughter is PAW the things we realize when we have too much time on our hands.

My step daughter has the initials WEB. I used to work with a girl that had the initials KKK :eek: We had to use a stamp with our initials and employee number on all the orders that we handled. I think if I was her I would have just left out the middle name, or made one up for the stamp.

soonerchef
Quote:
Originally Posted by andiphant

PS I always think you are me because I am an "ALF" too, lol. That's the first thing I considered when I met my husband. I thought "oh, great if I marry him my initials will be ALF" Guess he was worth it

I am an ASH...I always told my mother that I wouldn't be able to marry a man with a last name that started with an "S"...or I would be an AS(you get the picture)!!!
That is so funny a fellow ALFer! The whole time we were dating I kept going ALF, my maiden initials were ALS, so my DH would call me Amanda Sue AS*. Oh it would irk me, then one day we were at the grocery store and there was a girl named Amanda Sue, we just walked out laughing so hard. My DH said I hope her last name doesn't start w/ an S.
Thanks for the laugh!:D

1. Why does my micro cooker keep boiling over?

There are a few potential reasons for this. First, make sure you are not filling the cooker beyond the max fill line. Also, check that the lid is securely closed and the vent is open. Another possibility is that the food you are cooking is too high in liquid content. Try reducing the amount of liquid or using a different recipe.

2. How can I prevent my micro cooker from boiling over?

To prevent boiling over, be sure to follow the instructions for filling and using the micro cooker. Also, try using a lower power setting on your microwave and stirring the food halfway through cooking. If needed, you can also place a paper towel or microwave-safe plate on top of the cooker to catch any potential spills.

3. Can I use the micro cooker on the stovetop?

No, the micro cooker is designed for use in the microwave only. It is not safe to use on a stovetop or in the oven.

4. Is the micro cooker dishwasher safe?

Yes, the micro cooker is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, it is recommended to wash it by hand with warm, soapy water to prolong its lifespan.

5. Can I cook frozen foods in the micro cooker?

It is not recommended to cook frozen foods in the micro cooker, as this can cause uneven heating and potentially lead to boiling over. It is best to thaw frozen foods before cooking in the micro cooker.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefLAM
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • tracyt
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • wadesgirl