• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Husbands!! Ask Before You Use for an Off-Label Use!

I will have to remember that!I'm so glad i'm not the ONLY one who goes thru this! I have fork marks in my executive skillet from my man using a fork to turn bacon - the day AFTER i yelled at him, and he said i was being unreasonable - and he had it under control... next day he came back and said i was right BUT my pan now has a fork mark on it.Amazingly, DH is pretty good with our kichen stuff - though it would not normally be in his nature!
lt1jane
Gold Member
My son openend a bag of microwave carmel corn (before popping it), so my husband decided to go ahead and make it looking for something to make it in. What does he choose? My Rice Cooker! :mad: Needles to say, the kernels got too hot and he damaged the bottom. He thinks he can probably smooth out some of the roughness and the bumps on the bottom. :yuck: :thumbdown:

Why7 I know I was at work, but he could have called me, I would have told him to use the Micro Cooker (it's a LOT cheaper to replace) or some stoneware or anything else!!. Does anyone have just the bottom of a rice cooker they might want to part with?

It's probably still good to use. I have a friend whose aunt-in-law set two of her small micro-cookers (yes, two in the same day) on the stove. The burner is etched into the bottom of each, but they still work.

Yes, I have a micro cooker that's beautifully melty on the bottom from a someone, a male, putting it on the cooktop. Still works just fine.

Yesterday my husband was using our 12"skillet, he normally doesn't have permission. I was getting the proper tools for him to use and told him if he was going to use MY skillet, he had to use the right tools. He says, "Isn't it OUR skillet?" I said, "NO, just like those are not OUR golf clubs in the garage!"

The training continues even after 21 years.:love:

pchockeymom said:
Yes, I have a micro cooker that's beautifully melty on the bottom from a someone, a male, putting it on the cooktop. Still works just fine.

Yesterday my husband was using our 12"skillet, he normally doesn't have permission. I was getting the proper tools for him to use and told him if he was going to use MY skillet, he had to use the right tools. He says, "Isn't it OUR skillet?" I said, "NO, just like those are not OUR golf clubs in the garage!"

The training continues even after 21 years.:love:

That's HILARIOUS! I will have to remember that!

i'm so glad i'm not the ONLY one who goes thru this! I have fork marks in my executive skillet from my man using a fork to turn bacon - the day AFTER i yelled at him, and he said i was being unreasonable - and he had it under control... next day he came back and said i was right BUT my pan now has a fork mark on it.

Amazingly, DH is pretty good with our kichen stuff - though it would not normally be in his nature!

When we get things for the kitchen, he is well aware that these are NICE things we get for the kitchen. Even before PC, I have not been one to buy "disposable" items for the kitchen. I like to buy good - and buy once. If we want nice things, we have to take care of them.

He likes to cook and so he appreciates the nice tools - and he does realize that the PC items are NICE things to own!

I have always made him very aware of the PRICE of the items - so he has always been careful. If he doesn't know - he DOES ask! Sometimes, though, he ASKS OVER AND OVER again!

Hmmm...yes that CAN go into the dishwasher. Next week, yes that CAN go into the dishwasher. Next week, yes, that CAN go into the dishwasher...get the idea?? haha!

So, I will not get frustrated that he keeps asking - it could be SO much worse! :)

I hear you on the dishwasher thing. Husband can't get it straight. He doesn't ask, just puts them in. Since his fingers are incapable of pressing the start button, I take things out if they're not dishwasher-safe.

The "training continues" comment was hilarious!

I completely understand your frustration with husbands sometimes not asking before using our beloved Pampered Chef products for off-label uses. I'm sorry to hear about the damage to your rice cooker. While I don't have a spare bottom for you, I do have a suggestion for preventing this from happening in the future. One of the great things about our products is their versatility, but it's always important to follow the instructions and recommended uses for each item. In this case, the rice cooker is designed specifically for cooking rice and may not be suitable for other foods, especially ones that require high heat like popcorn. I would recommend having a conversation with your husband about the importance of using our products as intended, and perhaps showing him some alternative options for making popcorn, like our Micro Cooker or stoneware. And if he ever has any doubts or questions about using a product, remind him to always ask you or check the product's instructions. I hope your rice cooker can be salvaged, but if not, remember that we have a great warranty and replacement policy for our products. Thank you for being a loyal Pampered Chef consultant and for sharing your experience with us. Let's continue to spread the word about using our products safely and correctly. Happy cooking!

1. What is an off-label use for a Pampered Chef product?

An off-label use is when a product is used for a purpose other than its intended use. For example, using a knife to open a package instead of for cutting food.

2. Why should husbands ask before using a Pampered Chef product for an off-label use?

Asking for permission before using a product for an off-label use is important because it ensures that the product will be used safely and effectively. It also shows respect for the product and the person who owns it.

3. Are there any risks associated with using a Pampered Chef product for an off-label use?

Yes, there can be risks involved with using a product for an off-label use. It may not be designed for the specific task and could potentially cause harm to the user or damage to the product.

4. Can I use a Pampered Chef product for an off-label use if it seems like it would work?

We do not recommend using any product for an off-label use unless it is specifically stated in the product's instructions or by a Pampered Chef consultant. Each product is designed for a specific purpose and using it in a different way could lead to safety hazards.

5. Is it okay to use a Pampered Chef product for an off-label use if I don't have the right tool for the job?

We understand that sometimes you may not have the right tool for a specific task, but we still recommend not using a Pampered Chef product for an off-label use. It is important to use the product as intended to ensure safety and effectiveness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
StewartKerr
Replies
Views
raebates
  • RMDave
  • Products and Tips
Replies