• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Money at Conference...

So, I know it's impossible to know how much money you will spend at conference, but does anyone have any idea how much they've spent in the past? I'm not counting hotel, but things like merchandise from vendors. Just curious...now that we're getting so close!Last year I only spent like $15 with the vendors and I didn't get a surprise box. The year before I got 2 surprise boxes.That's a tough one, because some people have more willpower when it comes to staying away from the vendors.I usually end up spending about $150-200 total at the vendors (that will be WAAAAY down, if not 0 this year). One
jenniferknapp said:
Ewww Krispy Kreme! And the same to Starbucks! I LOVE DUNKIN DONUTS!!!

(Oh, and those double stores, I love Baskin Robbins too!)

Oooh.. I do love Starbucks, though. Mostly because they have a lot of fat free/sugar free choices and when I'm weight watchering (WW?) it, that's a God-send.

Caribou Coffee (CC?) is way more awesome though and their Polar lites are definitley the win!

But -- the rest of the KK is not worth it. DD is where it's at.

(I wonder how many Double letter abbreviations for chain establishments I can get into one post... hmmm I'll think about it after I get back form BB (BlockBuster..):) )

ChefBeckyD said:
That's good to know - it's been so long that now my holes have grown shut.....may have to look into getting them re-pierced!:D

Becky - I used to have the same problem with pierced earrings - I gave up on them before I got married almost 15 years ago - I actually wore clip earrings to my wedding - ouch! I just went this past January and got mine repierced and haven't had a problem since! It's been great being able to wear earrings - one of my friends is a Lia Sophia consultant and I've bought some of their earrings and not a problem! I swear my old earrings were all really cheap. So you never know!:)

Gina M said:
Becky - I used to have the same problem with pierced earrings - I gave up on them before I got married almost 15 years ago - I actually wore clip earrings to my wedding - ouch! I just went this past January and got mine repierced and haven't had a problem since! It's been great being able to wear earrings - one of my friends is a Lia Sophia consultant and I've bought some of their earrings and not a problem! I swear my old earrings were all really cheap. So you never know!:)

The last time I wore earrings was to my wedding 8 yrs ago - and then had to deal w/ infected earlobes all during my honeymoon!:eek:

I did have some really "good" pairs of earrings (not cheap!), but I don't know how "good" they really were.........Who knows, I may show up at conference w/ a couple extra holes!;)

LOL ! sorry ladies to confuse you so early! I was actually thinking to myself "maybe I should write that out,just in case"

reba515 said:
LOL ! sorry ladies to confuse you so early! I was actually thinking to myself "maybe I should write that out,just in case"

Yes - but this way we got to have a great discussion about the virtues of DD vs. KK!:D

yummybytes said:
I ordered three pairs of earrings... Ann is a bad influece but talented jewelry maker.... :)
Aw... you ladies are sweet.

Katie, if you order online, I'll bring it to Conference. I've already got a box with a couple pair for someone. :) And what I'll do is throw in another pair I don't have listed yet to compensate for the shipping (since etsy will include that in your total).

I was so excited to get a "You sold something" email the other day! and I've been communicating with another seller, from whom I bought a pair of earrings, and I put a bug in her ear about having a PC show (she's a SAHM and sells earrings and quilts online for income).

I worked at a DD for 2 summers in college. YUM!!! We'd make our own special donuts: filled ones with both white cream and strawberry jam, double-glazed chocolate cake (which taste like fudge when they're still warm BTW).... mmm..... now I'm hungry for a donut.

ChefBeckyD said:
The last time I wore earrings was to my wedding 8 yrs ago - and then had to deal w/ infected earlobes all during my honeymoon!:eek:

I did have some really "good" pairs of earrings (not cheap!), but I don't know how "good" they really were.........Who knows, I may show up at conference w/ a couple extra holes!;)
Funny I have the same problem with my ears, no matter what type I wear, gold, silver, cheap costume type, my ears always get infected or soar, so I stopped wearing them! HOles are still in tact but tha's because every so often I do put on cutesy -go with my outfit earrings for the night so they have not closed up.

Me too, I can only wear gold.

As for DD, I thought that was "Dear Daughter". I was confused too! But then I laughed when I found out it was Dunkin Doughnuts!!!

chefann said:
Aw... you ladies are sweet.

Katie, if you order online, I'll bring it to Conference. I've already got a box with a couple pair for someone. :) And what I'll do is throw in another pair I don't have listed yet to compensate for the shipping (since etsy will include that in your total).

I was so excited to get a "You sold something" email the other day! and I've been communicating with another seller, from whom I bought a pair of earrings, and I put a bug in her ear about having a PC show (she's a SAHM and sells earrings and quilts online for income).

How do you quilt online?

Maybe I shouldn't have picked today to not make coffee ....

She sells her quilts online. Not actually does the quilting online. LOL (Sells earrings and sells quilts...)

Go have some coffee, Sandy!

MomToEli said:
How do you quilt online?

I've always wanted to learn how to quilt.... I would probably be good at it if it involves a computer;)

hmmm..... virtual quilting....

the laptop would keep you warm!

chefann said:
the laptop would keep you warm!

When I used to stay up til 4am when the internet was first popular, i'd be freezing cold, and my dad would say that he was going to invent a heated keyboard for me.... well, then the laptop was created! It keeps my fingers and lap warm ;)

I love the earrings ANN!! I would love a couple pair, but am not on Etsy. Can I just let you know which pair I want, or do I need to register on Etsy?? I will not be at the Meet and Greet, but can some how meet up with you to get them. My husband and son are coming with me and we are spending Monday night together at Navy Pier.
I want the Black and Green Bumpy earrings on silver hooks, and the Blue beaded loop earrings, silver plated. I think the total is 5.75 plus shipping. Let me know if I need to register on Etsy. I can do it with my paypal card.

jenniferknapp said:
When I used to stay up til 4am when the internet was first popular, i'd be freezing cold, and my dad would say that he was going to invent a heated keyboard for me.... well, then the laptop was created! It keeps my fingers and lap warm ;)

Jennifer - aren't you like, 23 years old?? You were up at 4am when you were 3??? :eek:

:D

Last edited:
Kelly- I just sent you a PM.

MomToEli said:
Jennifer - aren't you like, 23 years old?? You were at at 4am when you were 3??? :eek:

:D

When the internet was first popular because my friends were starting to get computers (My parents spent about 5000 on an IBM Aptiva in 1995) ....so I was 12! hehe

Back to the topic....I talked to my SD today, and she told me that vendors (well, VENDOR) take the TPC debit card...and don't like cash. (HUH??)
SO, now I don't know how much to bring with me! I'll figure it out, though...just thought I would share what I was told (however, she's also told me that Merrill wouldn't be selling clothing either!) SO, I just don't know!

hmm only the TPC debit card, and not a regular bank check or debit card? strange! I will have to dig around to find my actual TPC debit card, otherwise use my TPC credit card, I would think they would accept that one too?

I hope so or no Vendor stuff for me.

Last year I used a combination of cash, and my regular(not PC) credit card......the only thing that went on my PC debit was the UPS shipping to ship everything home. Don't know why you were told the vendors don't like cash......
AND PC is using prepaid Visa Cards to those of us who earned Level 1 conference cash - and we were told that could be used to pay for anything at conference - including vendors!

ChefBeckyD said:
AND PC is using prepaid Visa Cards to those of us who earned Level 1 conference cash - and we were told that could be used to pay for anything at conference - including vendors!

I'm hoping to use it on Michigan Ave ! :)
I still have stuff in the attic from last years suprise box and I can buy from the vendors anytime ;)

psst is there a Coach store on Michigan ?:cool:

ChefBeckyD said:
Ohhhh - okay!

I do know that there is a Dunkin Donuts right down the street from The Palmer House.....we went there last year for Baskin Robbins Ice Cream...... (it's one of those 2 stores in one places) and it's right next door to a Subway.

Yeah!! I miss Dunkin Donuts, too! They were in my hometown in Massachusetts, but all we have here in North Carolina is Krispy Kremes. But I think the nearest DD is 30 minutes away, just haven't ventured to find it yet.

Bren706 said:
Yeah!! I miss Dunkin Donuts, too! They were in my hometown in Massachusetts, but all we have here in North Carolina is Krispy Kremes. But I think the nearest DD is 30 minutes away, just haven't ventured to find it yet.

When I lived in SC - there were no DD - ONLY KK - yuck yuck yuck!

Did I say "Yuck"?

ChefBeckyD said:
Last year I used a combination of cash, and my regular(not PC) credit card......the only thing that went on my PC debit was the UPS shipping to ship everything home. Don't know why you were told the vendors don't like cash......
Good to know, I will use both cash and TPC credit or my regular debit card that's linked to my biz acct!

Just an FYI- the post that the PC debit can be used at vendors in incorrect. That's a proprietary card, and can only be used with TPC. I believe you can use it also to ship surprise packages home, but that's because it is processed by HO.

Merrill does not take cash. A fellow consultant tried to pay with cash at their booth last year and they wouldn't take it.

pcchris said:
Back to the topic....I talked to my SD today, and she told me that vendors (well, VENDOR) take the TPC debit card...and don't like cash. (HUH??)
SO, now I don't know how much to bring with me! I'll figure it out, though...just thought I would share what I was told (however, she's also told me that Merrill wouldn't be selling clothing either!) SO, I just don't know!

Wow, your SD is out of the loop.

1. Only TPC takes the TPC debit card.
2. Vendors take checks, and most credit cards. I know from firsthand experience that Merrill does not take cash. And since they'll be our only outside vendor, cash will get you nowhere fast.
3. Merrill will have clothing. This information was given to us in an earlier email.

<h2>1. How much money should I expect to spend at conference?</h2><p>It's difficult to give an exact estimate as everyone's spending habits and preferences are different. However, it's recommended to budget at least $200-$300 for conference expenses, including merchandise from vendors.</p><h2>2. Are there any expenses that are not included in the conference registration fee?</h2><p>Yes, the conference registration fee covers the cost of attending the event, but additional expenses such as hotel accommodations, transportation, and meals are not included.</p><h2>3. Is there a limit on how much merchandise I can purchase from vendors?</h2><p>No, there is no limit on how much merchandise you can purchase from vendors at conference. However, it's important to stick to your budget and only purchase items that you truly need or want.</p><h2>4. Can I use a credit card to make purchases at conference?</h2><p>Yes, most vendors at conference accept credit cards as a form of payment. However, it's always a good idea to bring some cash with you in case a vendor only accepts cash.</p><h2>5. Are there any discounts or promotions available for purchasing merchandise at conference?</h2><p>Yes, many vendors offer discounts or promotions during conference, such as buy one get one free deals or discounted prices on specific items. Keep an eye out for these offers and take advantage of them if they align with your needs or wants.</p>

1. How much money should I expect to spend at conference?

It's difficult to give an exact estimate as everyone's spending habits and preferences are different. However, it's recommended to budget at least $200-$300 for conference expenses, including merchandise from vendors.

2. Are there any expenses that are not included in the conference registration fee?

Yes, the conference registration fee covers the cost of attending the event, but additional expenses such as hotel accommodations, transportation, and meals are not included.

3. Is there a limit on how much merchandise I can purchase from vendors?

No, there is no limit on how much merchandise you can purchase from vendors at conference. However, it's important to stick to your budget and only purchase items that you truly need or want.

4. Can I use a credit card to make purchases at conference?

Yes, most vendors at conference accept credit cards as a form of payment. However, it's always a good idea to bring some cash with you in case a vendor only accepts cash.

5. Are there any discounts or promotions available for purchasing merchandise at conference?

Yes, many vendors offer discounts or promotions during conference, such as buy one get one free deals or discounted prices on specific items. Keep an eye out for these offers and take advantage of them if they align with your needs or wants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KaryCam
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • PCSarahjm
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefpenny99
  • slapsappyhappy