• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Money at Conference...

So, I know it's impossible to know how much money you will spend at conference, but does anyone have any idea how much they've spent in the past? I'm not counting hotel, but things like merchandise from vendors. Just curious...now that we're getting so close!Last year I only spent like $15 with the vendors and I didn't get a surprise box. The year before I got 2 surprise boxes.That's a tough one, because some people have more willpower when it comes to staying away from the vendors.I usually end up spending about $150-200 total at the vendors (that will be WAAAAY down, if not 0 this year). One
DanielleQ
So, I know it's impossible to know how much money you will spend at conference, but does anyone have any idea how much they've spent in the past? I'm not counting hotel, but things like merchandise from vendors. Just curious...now that we're getting so close!

Last year I only spent like $15 with the vendors and I didn't get a surprise box. The year before I got 2 surprise boxes.

That's a tough one, because some people have more willpower when it comes to staying away from the vendors.

I usually end up spending about $150-200 total at the vendors (that will be WAAAAY down, if not 0 this year). One of my cluster mates usually spends twice that on clothing alone.

If you order the recorded workshops from EKO, they're usually $30 for all (one CD, MP3 format).

Guest speakers usually bring merchandise to sell that's fairly pricey.

And don't forget to bring $1s and $5s for tips and cabs.

Oh, ok! So I won't be broke...I guess that goes without saying since we only have one licensed vendor now. Thanks Carolyn!

Ann--I think you and I are more alike than I thought! I'm okay with $150-$200. I don't have any clothing, so I know I'll buy some, but I don't think I'll go too crazy (she says AT HOME). I was so worried that people were just going nuts ringing up credit cards and spending like $1000.

Tell me about the surprise boxes please. Also, how much does a typical PC shirt cost at Conference--in the past??

A tip I learned to help keep your spending down is to go through the booth area on Day 1, collecting brochures and looking at things - but don't buy anything. If you still want it on Day 3, then go ahead and get it. It cuts way down on impulse purchases, which are those most likely to cause buyer's remorse.

chefann said:
And don't forget to bring $1s and $5s for tips and cabs.
That is a great tip! Thanks!

chefjwr said:
Tell me about the surprise boxes please. Also, how much does a typical PC shirt cost at Conference--in the past??
Disclaimer: anything can change, but this is what it's been in the past. :)

Surprise boxes are full of discontinued products. The last couple of years, they had them at $15, 20 and 30 levels. People open them there and trade items. HO has our shipper (FedEx, this year) there to ship the boxes home, so you don't have to lug them around the center, or on the way home. The boxes can be a way to get items to use for parts (like old choppers) or door prizes.

Shirts at conference are usually the same price as online, although VIP usually offered some sort of deal to attendees, and if they had your size there you wouldn't pay shipping. I'd say anywhere from $10 to $40 for a shirt, depending on the style (tee, dressy blouse, sweatshirt, etc.).

chefann said:
A tip I learned to help keep your spending down is to go through the booth area on Day 1, collecting brochures and looking at things - but don't buy anything. If you still want it on Day 3, then go ahead and get it. It cuts way down on impulse purchases, which are those most likely to cause buyer's remorse.

Good tip...how did you know I have a problem with impulse buying??? http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/innocent0009.gif

DanielleQ said:
Good tip...how did you know I have a problem with impulse buying??? http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/innocent0009.gif
I have a problem with impulse buying.

Hi- my name is Ann and I'm a compulsive shopper.

BethCooks4U said:
That is a great tip! Thanks!

That'll be $5, please.

(Sorry, couldn't stop myself!)

Ann, sorry...I'm already the captain of that ship!!!

<giggle>
I almost posted that myself, Sandy. :D

DanielleQ said:
Ann, sorry...I'm already the captain of that ship!!!
I read someplace that women who are compulsive shoppers tend to purchase cosmetics, jewelry and toiletries. When I find myself in those aisles at Target without a list, I make myself walk away.

Ummmmm....yeah. Those are pretty much my weak areas. And I have to go to Target today for toiletries...where's my pen and paper? I really do HAVE to make a list!

SHOOT!! See this is what I get for going camping all weekend long.. I wasn't' making my list for conference .... I better get on that..... I do not want to forget anything.....

chefann said:
I read someplace that women who are compulsive shoppers tend to purchase cosmetics, jewelry and toiletries. When I find myself in those aisles at Target without a list, I make myself walk away.

Well, I'll have to set my husband straight, next time I go out and buy clothes ... or books ... :D

chefann said:

thats me ! nail polish & hair stuff (clips,wraps,lotions & potions!) my 2 favorites!

reba515 said:
thats me ! nail polish & hair stuff (clips,wraps,lotions & potions!) my 2 favorites!
I was in Meijers last week and they had a bunch of nail polish, eye liners, etc.....marked down, and then they were BOGO! I wasn't even looking for that stuff, but I bought a bunch!:rolleyes:

I have a box full of nail polish. And I hardly wear the stuff - it always wears off the ends of my nails when I wash my hair.

Nail polish? I think the color and the shape of the bottles get me? Okay so maybe I am a freak! I don't wear the stuff much at all but yet I have a whole drawer of it.

Hi, I'm Susan and I am a compulsive nail polish buyer (and other things. The list is too long to state here). :)

Nail polish what's that ... I pay to get my nails done...hehehe!!!!!!

My impulse buys are a little more pathetic..... I can't resist office supplies!!! Post-it Notes are a true weakness!!!! It's nice that I'm an apartment manager, so PART of my "addiction" is taken care of when shopping for office supplies for that ;)

soccermama said:
My impulse buys are a little more pathetic..... I can't resist office supplies!!! Post-it Notes are a true weakness!!!! It's nice that I'm an apartment manager, so PART of my "addiction" is taken care of when shopping for office supplies for that ;)

I LOVE post-its!....And Mechanical Pencils........and cute little notebooks....and colored index cards - especially those post-it index cards! I always think if I have index cards I can organize the world!:rolleyes:

Would it be wrong of me to point out to the other compulsive shoppers that I have a link in my siggy to an online shop where I'm selling some handmade jewelry? ;)

chefann said:
Would it be wrong of me to point out to the other compulsive shoppers that I have a link in my siggy to an online shop where I'm selling some handmade jewelry? ;)

LOL!!
....must....resist.....the urge....to....click....

Wrong? Well, no. Did it get me to click? Well, yes. :)

chefann said:

Ann - I think your earrings are beautiful - wish I could wear them! I have a strange thing w/ my ears - no matter how good/expensive etc.....the earrings are, my ear lobes get infected when I wear them.

BUT what I would really like is for you to bring a Game Catalog with you to conference........(pretty please?)

AND I just turned PINK with that post!:)

woo-hoo! Go, Becky!
I will have games catalogs with me in Chicago. (That's all I'm saying because there is a no self-promotion rule here.) :)

Office supplies? Post It notes? Oh you just had to go there didn't you? I seem to always find a reason to purchase office supplies. It is NOT a good thing that I live so close to that "W" - mart store. A friend of mine calls it the Over $100 store. Yeah, that is about right.

Yeah I had to click too and WOW those are great earrings.

Susan

LOL

See, the makeup, jewelry, clothes, shoes..... well, they just don't interest me! I'm shopping for clothes for Chicago and I'm HATING it!!!! Oh well.... I'll get my office supply fix at Conference, I'm sure ;)

quick tip"re-charge" your DD & Starbucks cards now before you leave! I find it just makes it so much easier than digging through my bag for small bills, especially when trying to travel light. Besides it leaves more ca$h for bigger & better things !:D

ChefBeckyD said:
BUT what I would really like is for you to bring a Game Catalog with you to conference........(pretty please?)

Oh, me, too! We homeschool here and games are a great educational tool!

reba515 said:
"re-charge" your DD & Starbucks cards now before you leave! I find it just makes it so much easier than digging through my bag for small bills, especially when trying to travel light. Besides it leaves more ca$h for bigger & better things !:D

Maybe it's too early ... I'm trying to figure out what DD is ...

MomToEli said:

...me too....:confused:

MomToEli said:

Me too........:confused:

Doodle Dogs
Dangling Dinglehoppers
Diner Dash (love that game)
Dang Doofus

Hmm... ok

i give up !!

ChefBeckyD said:
Ann - I think your earrings are beautiful - wish I could wear them! I have a strange thing w/ my ears - no matter how good/expensive etc.....the earrings are, my ear lobes get infected when I wear them.

Becky -- I had this problem for a loooooong time. I stopped it by dipping the backs of the earring into neosporin before I put them in. Problem gone!! I keep the tube in my jewelry box and it's an easy thing to travel with as well.

yummybytes said:
Becky -- I had this problem for a loooooong time. I stopped it by dipping the backs of the earring into neosporin before I put them in. Problem gone!! I keep the tube in my jewelry box and it's an easy thing to travel with as well.

That's good to know - it's been so long that now my holes have grown shut.....may have to look into getting them re-pierced!:D

DD must mean Dunkin Donuts!!!

jenniferknapp said:
DD must mean Dunkin Donuts!!!

Ohhhh - okay!

I do know that there is a Dunkin Donuts right down the street from The Palmer House.....we went there last year for Baskin Robbins Ice Cream...... (it's one of those 2 stores in one places) and it's right next door to a Subway.

Jennifer you totally rock. My head was hurting form that.

I so miss Dunkin' Donuts. All of ours closed because of a HUGE influx of Krispy Kreme (KK?) and THEN all the Krispy Kreme's closed down because after the original novelty of them being here wore off they didnt turn a business and everyone was eating low carb haha!

Anywho -- I wish dunkin' donuts would come back.

Ewww Krispy Kreme! And the same to Starbucks! I LOVE DUNKIN DONUTS!!!(Oh, and those double stores, I love Baskin Robbins too!)

Soozeeq said:
Office supplies? Post It notes? Oh you just had to go there didn't you? I seem to always find a reason to purchase office supplies. It is NOT a good thing that I live so close to that "W" - mart store. A friend of mine calls it the Over $100 store. Yeah, that is about right.

Yeah I had to click too and WOW those are great earrings.

Susan

I'm glad to know there are other people that get weak in the knees in office supply stores. My DH thinks it is just me! What makes my addic... er, um, NEED for office supplies even worse is the FREE shipping we get from Office Depot. I know the prices are sometimes a bit high, but ya gotta love having it come right to your door!

yummybytes said:
Jennifer you totally rock. My head was hurting form that.

I so miss Dunkin' Donuts. All of ours closed because of a HUGE influx of Krispy Kreme (KK?) and THEN all the Krispy Kreme's closed down because after the original novelty of them being here wore off they didnt turn a business and everyone was eating low carb haha!

Anywho -- I wish dunkin' donuts would come back.

I lived in SC for 5 years....2 of those years, I lived 1 block behind a KK - NEVER understood the fascination w/ KK! (the smell of frying doughnuts used to nauseate me.) There is only one (fairly new) KK here in the GR area, and many DD's (now that we know what that means!) But KK has a kiosk for their doughnuts in every grocery store in town......I sure hope they don't take over this area!

chefann said:

Ooooo, Ann, the new stuff you added is BEAUTIFUL! If I pick out something I like, can you bring with with you to conference or would you rather me order it and ship it after you get back?

I ordered three pairs of earrings... Ann is a bad influece but talented jewelry maker.... :)

katie0128 said:
I'm glad to know there are other people that get weak in the knees in office supply stores. My DH thinks it is just me! What makes my addic... er, um, NEED for office supplies even worse is the FREE shipping we get from Office Depot. I know the prices are sometimes a bit high, but ya gotta love having it come right to your door!

Katie... my husband and I wanted to register at Staples for our wedding. Yes... we are geeks :p

<h2>1. How much money should I expect to spend at conference?</h2><p>It's difficult to give an exact estimate as everyone's spending habits and preferences are different. However, it's recommended to budget at least $200-$300 for conference expenses, including merchandise from vendors.</p><h2>2. Are there any expenses that are not included in the conference registration fee?</h2><p>Yes, the conference registration fee covers the cost of attending the event, but additional expenses such as hotel accommodations, transportation, and meals are not included.</p><h2>3. Is there a limit on how much merchandise I can purchase from vendors?</h2><p>No, there is no limit on how much merchandise you can purchase from vendors at conference. However, it's important to stick to your budget and only purchase items that you truly need or want.</p><h2>4. Can I use a credit card to make purchases at conference?</h2><p>Yes, most vendors at conference accept credit cards as a form of payment. However, it's always a good idea to bring some cash with you in case a vendor only accepts cash.</p><h2>5. Are there any discounts or promotions available for purchasing merchandise at conference?</h2><p>Yes, many vendors offer discounts or promotions during conference, such as buy one get one free deals or discounted prices on specific items. Keep an eye out for these offers and take advantage of them if they align with your needs or wants.</p>

1. How much money should I expect to spend at conference?

It's difficult to give an exact estimate as everyone's spending habits and preferences are different. However, it's recommended to budget at least $200-$300 for conference expenses, including merchandise from vendors.

2. Are there any expenses that are not included in the conference registration fee?

Yes, the conference registration fee covers the cost of attending the event, but additional expenses such as hotel accommodations, transportation, and meals are not included.

3. Is there a limit on how much merchandise I can purchase from vendors?

No, there is no limit on how much merchandise you can purchase from vendors at conference. However, it's important to stick to your budget and only purchase items that you truly need or want.

4. Can I use a credit card to make purchases at conference?

Yes, most vendors at conference accept credit cards as a form of payment. However, it's always a good idea to bring some cash with you in case a vendor only accepts cash.

5. Are there any discounts or promotions available for purchasing merchandise at conference?

Yes, many vendors offer discounts or promotions during conference, such as buy one get one free deals or discounted prices on specific items. Keep an eye out for these offers and take advantage of them if they align with your needs or wants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KaryCam
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • PCSarahjm
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefpenny99
  • slapsappyhappy