• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

National Conference More Questions...

In summary, the conversation is about the National Conference for consultants and the potential financial costs. The cost includes registration, tour, airfare, and room fees. The cost is tax deductible and conference club participants are guaranteed the early-bird registration fee. Tips for making the conference more affordable include sharing a room, budgeting meals, and setting aside commission from shows for the conference fund. It is recommended to have a full PC calendar set up before attending the conference. The conversation concludes with the statement that if money is a concern, it may affect the overall experience at the conference.
The only workshop that I ever attended that I didn't learn from was at my first NC. The presenter was clearly nervous. She spoke so quickly that I couldn't understand half of what she said. She kept scolding us for not laughing at her jokes, so I'm guessing that very few of the other people could understand her either. Add to that the facts that it was just after lunch and the room was really, really warm--all I wanted to do was take a nap. Unfortunately I was sitting in the front row so there was no way I could graciously escape the room. Even then, I'm sure she would have taught me something if I'd been able to understand her. Well, I guess I did learn something. Intentionally slow yourself when you're nervous.

I'd recommend staying at conference hotels as well -- for the convenience and time, it's worth it.....Plus, they are all nice hotels ....
As far as airports, we always fly into Midway.

gaddischef said:
I'd recommend staying at conference hotels as well -- for the convenience and time, it's worth it.....Plus, they are all nice hotels ....
As far as airports, we always fly into Midway.

Thank you! I was just about to ask about it myself, since the last response, though very sweet, didn't really answer the question about Chicago airports.

Is Midway cheaper or just an easier airport than O'Hare? I'm wondering if we will drive or fly. I can't stand flying anymore. I need to get on mapquest and see how long it'll take us to drive.ETA: Just checked and it says it's 11 hours to drive there from where I am in PA. My cluster mates were all going to drive together, but since my DH is coming (probably) I'm guessing we'll drive separately or fly.

Whereabouts in PA are you?

Lancaster county

ahhh ok. If you were closer you could ride along with me! Even with the hubby! lol OHHHH and you would have to be in wave 3....geezzzzz in that case....I would have also bought all your meals and paid in full for the hotel. lol

DonnaYork said:
Hello! Newbie here!

Does anyone know which airport would be the best to fly into???

Thanks!

You can fly into either airport. Both have public transportation into the city. You can also pay for a shuttle as well.

Midway is smaller and a bit easier to navigate. Southwest Airlines flies into Midway only, so that might be the cheapest.

But really, O'Hare isn't unbearable.

I have been reading everything - but can't really figure out when conference is... something about waves, I know that much! Help!! I just started a month or so ago, and could use some guidance! My director is such a great lady - but I feel I need more help when it comes to building a business!!!

HO splits the US consultants into 3 waves since there are so many of us. Canadian conference is different.But that brings up a good point - we need a Canadian Conference sub-forum in the Conference area.

okay, 3 waves... which month, do you guys know?

krafty119 said:
okay, 3 waves... which month, do you guys know?

It's different in Canada. I see that you're in Vancouver.
The 3 waves refers to conference in the USA.

Vancouver, Washington! It always gets people!! :)

Thanks for letting me know July. I haven't been able to find a word about it on CC. How strange is that???

Well, then add WA to your location! ;)The dates are also in your 2009 PC calendar.

Since it has been at least 30 years since I have flown. Can someone please explain to me about what an airbus is??? Is it a small plane? Has anyone flown on one?? I will be flying from Baltimore Md. to Chicago and want an non-stop flight. There are several and not badly priced but some say air bus and I was not sure what that ment. So if anyone can answer my questions I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for help.

debbieskitchenhelper said:
Since it has been at least 30 years since I have flown. Can someone please explain to me about what an airbus is??? Is it a small plane? Has anyone flown on one?? I will be flying from Baltimore Md. to Chicago and want an non-stop flight. There are several and not badly priced but some say air bus and I was not sure what that ment. So if anyone can answer my questions I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for help.

airbus details: Airbus A320 | Airliners.net

I read all the posts and didn't see this. What exactly is "dress code" for Conference? I have very little "summer wear" that is dressy... What will the temps be like in Chicago then? I know it is much colder than TN for longer... I have my flight and my HD is booking our room. I joined Conference Club and am putting away $50 a week in a savings account for expenses since "Dave Ramsey" says use cash! LOL! Thanks!

Good for you, Jane. That's the way to do it. Just to let you know for the future, you can over-contribute to Conference Club. Once you've paid your registration the excess amount comes to you in your next commission check. I do this to help save the amount of cash I want to take along.As for the dress code, they'll post that with all of the other NC info. If it's the same as in the past, it will be business casual. No jeans. No shorts. Wear comfortable shoes. There's lot of walking. My experience with Chicago in July is that it's mostly hot and humid during the day, chilly at night. The conference rooms can be very chilly or very warm, so layers are a good idea.

Rae is right about the dress code but don't be shocked (I WAS!) when you see people in shorts, sneakers, tee shirts (other than cluster made ones), etc. I went out and bought clothes so I had them just for conference and was annoyed that people ignored what business casual meant. I wore khakis and a nice shirt, or a skort (yes its shorts but you don't see them, you see the skirt- hee hee!), or capris.
I agree- the rooms all varied in temps, so layers is good.

Overall, its a great experience and glad I did it last year. I'm now just waiting on the military to tell us whats up so I can plan my summer! :)

<h2>1. Is National Conference worth attending?</h2><p>National Conference is definitely worth attending for new and experienced consultants alike. It is an exciting and informative event that can greatly benefit your business. You will have the opportunity to learn new skills, network with other consultants, and get a sneak peek at upcoming products and promotions.</p><h2>2. How much does it cost to attend National Conference?</h2><p>The cost of attending National Conference varies depending on location and any additional events or activities you choose to participate in. The registration fee is typically around $200, and there may be additional fees for optional tours or workshops. Additionally, you will need to factor in the cost of travel and accommodations.</p><h2>3. Is the cost of attending National Conference tax deductible?</h2><p>Consultants should consult with a tax professional for specific advice, but in general, expenses related to attending National Conference may be tax deductible as a business expense. Keep track of your receipts and consult with a tax professional for more information.</p><h2>4. Do I need to participate in Conference Club to attend National Conference?</h2><p>No, you do not need to participate in Conference Club to attend National Conference. However, registering for Conference Club can save you money on your registration fee and provide other benefits such as early access to product launches.</p><h2>5. What can I expect from National Conference as a new consultant?</h2><p>As a new consultant, National Conference is a great opportunity to learn from more experienced consultants and gain valuable skills and knowledge to help grow your business. You will also have the chance to meet and network with other new consultants, as well as attend training sessions and workshops specifically designed for new consultants.</p>

1. Is National Conference worth attending?

National Conference is definitely worth attending for new and experienced consultants alike. It is an exciting and informative event that can greatly benefit your business. You will have the opportunity to learn new skills, network with other consultants, and get a sneak peek at upcoming products and promotions.

2. How much does it cost to attend National Conference?

The cost of attending National Conference varies depending on location and any additional events or activities you choose to participate in. The registration fee is typically around $200, and there may be additional fees for optional tours or workshops. Additionally, you will need to factor in the cost of travel and accommodations.

3. Is the cost of attending National Conference tax deductible?

Consultants should consult with a tax professional for specific advice, but in general, expenses related to attending National Conference may be tax deductible as a business expense. Keep track of your receipts and consult with a tax professional for more information.

4. Do I need to participate in Conference Club to attend National Conference?

No, you do not need to participate in Conference Club to attend National Conference. However, registering for Conference Club can save you money on your registration fee and provide other benefits such as early access to product launches.

5. What can I expect from National Conference as a new consultant?

As a new consultant, National Conference is a great opportunity to learn from more experienced consultants and gain valuable skills and knowledge to help grow your business. You will also have the chance to meet and network with other new consultants, as well as attend training sessions and workshops specifically designed for new consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Admin Greg
  • National Conferences and Meetings
2 3
Replies
Views
Tenille V.