• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forThose of You That Had Conference Cash!!

In summary, the conversation is about the $300 conference cash that attendees receive and how it can be used. It cannot be used at the Merrell area or for surprise boxes, but can be used at the conference speakers' booths and for hotel check-out, although some people have experienced issues with the hotel placing a hold on the entire amount. It is in the form of a preloaded debit card and can be used for various purchases, such as mini catalogs, Starbucks, gas, and meals. However, last year Merrill did not accept the card and caused confusion and issues for consultants. Some individuals have had negative experiences with Merrill and are looking forward to giving feedback in the conference survey.
pamperedtracy
Gold Member
I am getting pretty excited about conference. This is the first time that I have been in Wave 3. I am usually in Wave 1.

I wanted to know how the $300 conference cash worked. Where do you pick it up? Is it like a credit card? Can you use it at Merrell area or Surprise boxes? Hotel checkout?

Just trying to figure out what I will be able to use it on, so I know how much money to plan for.

Thanks,
Tracy
:chef:

pamperedtracy said:
I am getting pretty excited about conference. This is the first time that I have been in Wave 3. I am usually in Wave 1.

I wanted to know how the $300 conference cash worked. Where do you pick it up? Is it like a credit card? Can you use it at Merrell area or Surprise boxes? Hotel checkout?

Just trying to figure out what I will be able to use it on, so I know how much money to plan for.

Thanks,
Tracy

You can't use it at Merrill, but you can use it for supplies and at the conference speakers booths - I didn't do surprise boxes, so I don't know about that one. You can use it for check-out - but some people were having a problem with the hotel putting a hold on the entire amount when they did that.....so I opted not to.

And where are they? Is there an area to get them at? Is it in my reg. packet?

I am bummed that you can't use it at Merrill. It worries me now about using it for checkout. I earned the reward, I should be able to use it easily and at the places I would like to use it at.

Oh well, I am done venting.

Tracy

pamperedtracy said:
And where are they? Is there an area to get them at? Is it in my reg. packet?

I am bummed that you can't use it at Merrill. It worries me now about using it for checkout. I earned the reward, I should be able to use it easily and at the places I would like to use it at.

Oh well, I am done venting.

Tracy

It's in the same area as registration, it's right next to the Merrill Booth.

I know - it was a little frustrating to not be able to use it everywhere easily....but I've been enjoying it nonetheless!

What kind of things did you use it on, Becky?

pamperedtracy said:
What kind of things did you use it on, Becky?
Some mini catalogs & recipe cards.....White Chocolate Mocha at Starbucks....gas for the trip home.....treated DH & DS to supper last night......still have plenty left to spend on me too!I was going to use it to buy a book at Pat Pearson's booth - but never made it back there! She was so good - I'll have to go to Barnes & Noble and get the book!

Well that is good that you got to spend it on some nice goodies.

So is it in a credit card form?

pamperedtracy said:
Well that is good that you got to spend it on some nice goodies.

So is it in a credit card form?

Yeah - it's a preloaded debit card.

I used mine for Pat Pearson materials (fabulous!) and my hotel. I just waited until Friday night after the Executive Banquet to switch my hotel room over to the Visa gift card. That way the hold didn't bother me.

Just a disclaimer that the last day of Wave 1 Merrill wouldn't even take cash - just credit cards (but you could use a non-PC credit card).

frozenchef said:
Just a disclaimer that the last day of Wave 1 Merrill wouldn't even take cash - just credit cards (but you could use a non-PC credit card).

I make it a point to always be positive about things....but I'm sorry - I can't find anything positive about Merrill......Merrill sucks.

I didn't care for them before, and after my experience with them this conference, I won't be doing business with them ever again. I can't wait until we get our email regarding the conference survey.....HO is going to get an "earful" from me about Merrill!

Why wouldn't Merrill take the Conference Cash Card? Isn't it just like a preloaded Visa?

wadesgirl said:
Why wouldn't Merrill take the Conference Cash Card? Isn't it just like a preloaded Visa?

Yep, but last year, they took them......and then didn't process them for MONTHS afterwards! By that time, there were a lot of consultants who, thinking they still had $ on their cards, used it all...and then Merrill was calling people telling them they owed them money - it was a huge mess!

ChefBeckyD said:
Yep, but last year, they took them......and then didn't process them for MONTHS afterwards! By that time, there were a lot of consultants who, thinking they still had $ on their cards, used it all...and then Merrill was calling people telling them they owed them money - it was a huge mess!

So they just decided this year not to take them? What a bummer. I wasn't planning on taking any extra money with me but I guess I will since I cannot use the conference cash there. It's their fault, why are they making us suffer?

wadesgirl said:
So they just decided this year not to take them? What a bummer. I wasn't planning on taking any extra money with me but I guess I will since I cannot use the conference cash there. It's their fault, why are they making us suffer?
Because they are Merrill, and we have no other choice. They can do whatever they want....and they do.

ChefBeckyD said:
Because they are Merrill, and we have no other choice. They can do whatever they want....and they do.

Interesting... Glad to know this a head of time!

ChefBeckyD said:
Some mini catalogs & recipe cards.....White Chocolate Mocha at Starbucks....gas for the trip home.....treated DH & DS to supper last night......still have plenty left to spend on me too!

I was going to use it to buy a book at Pat Pearson's booth - but never made it back there! She was so good - I'll have to go to Barnes & Noble and get the book!

Not to hijack, but what is the name of the book? What is the book pertaining to?

Humble Beginnings said:
Not to hijack, but what is the name of the book? What is the book pertaining to?

There were 2 that I was interested in....

Party With A Purpose

and

Stop Self-Sabotage

I do have to agree that Merrill is ridiculous. It should not take weeks and weeks for purchases to post to credit/debit card accounts, it should be automatic. We should be able to use conference cash. It's their issue that they don't run them there. Pampered Chef is running your cards for surprise boxes, seems to me it wouldn't be that hard for Merrill to have a machine too. They are essentially a "monopoly" in the PC world and are the only ones we can do business with to get licensed merchandise. Because of this, they can do whatever they want, and unfortunately at this time there is nothing we can do about it. I do think we need to let home office know how unhappy we are.

And as far as Pat Pearson goes, I purchased Stop Self Sabatoge and have started reading it. I'm telling you she wrote that book to me...it's like she is inside my head :) :) I'd highly recommend it!!

ChefBeckyD said:

Sounds like our Walmart, ha!:D

Well, I am glad that they are running the card for surprise boxes.

I agree, Merrill has us between a rock and a hard place.

Tracy

iteachurkid said:
And as far as Pat Pearson goes, I purchased Stop Self Sabatoge and have started reading it. I'm telling you she wrote that book to me...it's like she is inside my head :) :) I'd highly recommend it!!

We're obviously twins separated at birth. LOL!

Can you explain what conference cash is. How did you earn it? Who gives it to you? Thanks Deb

Conference cash is from last yrs inentive trip rewards. When you got 23000 points then you earned level 1. You could chose conference cash or just take the gift card. The GC was 250 instead of 300.

raebates said:
We're obviously twins separated at birth. LOL!

Hahaha...I'll be your twin, I'm not sure my feet are as beautiful as your's though :) :)

They're only beautiful at NC. I always get a mani/pedi before going. It's important to be pampered before going to NC, you know. :)

I was so annoyed that we couldn't use it at Merrill there! Now I have to pay shipping for what I want...

Oh, & the Pat Pearson books, my friend told me she got them on Amazon for half the price. That's where I'm buying!

lacychef said:
I was so annoyed that we couldn't use it at Merrill there! Now I have to pay shipping for what I want...

Oh, & the Pat Pearson books, my friend told me she got them on Amazon for half the price. That's where I'm buying!

Try half.com. used copies there. Probably even cheaper.

1. What is "for Those of You That Had Conference Cash!!"?

"For Those of You That Had Conference Cash!!" is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef for consultants who attend our annual conference. It allows consultants to earn cash to use towards purchasing products or business supplies.

2. How do I earn Conference Cash?

To earn Conference Cash, you must attend our annual conference and participate in specific activities and training sessions. These activities will be outlined and explained during the conference.

3. How much Conference Cash can I earn?

The amount of Conference Cash you can earn depends on your level within the Pampered Chef compensation plan. Typically, higher levels earn more Conference Cash, but the exact amount may vary from year to year. Stay tuned for updates and announcements during the conference.

4. When and how can I use my Conference Cash?

Your Conference Cash will be available for use immediately following the conference. You can use it towards purchasing products or business supplies through the Pampered Chef website or at any future events. Please note that Conference Cash cannot be redeemed for cash or transferred to another consultant.

5. Is there an expiration date for Conference Cash?

Yes, Conference Cash must be used within a certain timeframe, typically within 90 days after the conference. It is important to use your Conference Cash before it expires, as it cannot be extended or reissued.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MissChef
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • ChefBeckyD
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
SUZIEQCONSULTANT
  • lkspeir