• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Calling All Conference Cash Earners!

In summary, the $300.00 conference cash can be earned and used at the conference. It is a prepaid Visa card that can be used anywhere. It can be activated easily and quickly, and can be used for expenses such as hotel, food, and shopping. It is recommended to track your spending as some people experienced issues with delayed charges. It cannot be used for surprise boxes or supplies. It is suggested to register the card online to track purchases, and there is a possibility of using it for surprise boxes in the future. It is not necessary to call PC about the conference cash.
MissChef
Gold Member
I earned the $300.00 in conference cash this year! What I want to know is... how do you go about getting this and is it easy to use? Isn't it a visa that they put $300.00 on for you, so you can use it anywhere? Right? Because I'd really like to count on this for quite a bit of my expenses at conference! I'm one of those people that think of "well, what if?"! What if they don't have it there for me????:eek: :cry: :eek:..... should I call PC to make sure???? :confused: I don't want to be a pain in the tail and call and bug them, but I am pretty much depending on it for a lot of my cash! I don't plan to take a whole lot of money with me except maybe $150.00 in cash and that is all I have saved for this trip, because as you all know, my DH just gave me the green light last Sunday evening!!
Let me know what you know!!

Last year it was a prepaid visa and we had to go to a special booth to get it. Once you get it you need to call visa and have it activated and you are good to go.

Last year, it was available at the booth conference day 1 in the afternoon. Only minutes to activate, so have enough with you for the travel day and first day. Only minutes to activate and it is ready for use.

ditto, what them girls said.
FYI, I think a bunch of girls on CS had problems with Merrill not charging it right away, so you might want to have cash for them. I used mine for the hotel and food, some shopping.
Love it! :)

It's easy to find the booth to get the card and activation is easy too. You can use it anywhere.

Just be sure to keep track of what you spend. Some people got in trouble last year because they used it at Merrill and Merrill didn't charge the cards until weeks (or more) later and because the card said they still had a balance they spent it again.

BethCooks4U said:
It's easy to find the booth to get the card and activation is easy too. You can use it anywhere.

Just be sure to keep track of what you spend. Some people got in trouble last year because they used it at Merrill and Merrill didn't charge the cards until weeks (or more) later and because the card said they still had a balance they spent it again.

Ditto about tracking your spending on the cards! I had an idea of how much I had spent, but TWO MONTHS LATER I checked the balance and still had $$ left on there. By then, I thought I had made a calculation error, so I used it on a supply order. Another TWO MONTHS go by, and Merrill sends me a COLLECTIONS LETTER! They had tried to use that Visa number and it didn't have any more funds by then. What a mess! Oh...and when I called the VISA place, they had NO WAY of telling what charges went through and when. So, if YOU don't track, you are stuck.

Moral of the story: Keep a piece of paper with that VISA and keep a running total of what you have spent! LOTS of us learned that the HARD way last year!! :eek: :eek:

http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/1226617200

Yep, it's easy to get Cathy! And awesome to have for purchases:thumbup:

If it's a card you can register online, it will track all your purchases but you need to register it, say at the tech support area so you can get online.

Last year you couldn't use it for the surprise boxes, though or the supplies (mini cattys, etc.). I suggested to the financial guy at the gift card booth that they allow us to charge the surprise boxes on that and he said it was a good idea and they'd perhaps work on it...I'm keeping my finger crossed, but not counting on it. He was the head of the Finance department, so you never know.

Koolotus said:
ditto, what them girls said.
FYI, I think a bunch of girls on Chef Success had problems with Merrill not charging it right away, so you might want to have cash for them. I used mine for the hotel and food, some shopping.
Love it! :)
This is what I want it for!!
Thanks everyone for your knowledge!
So you don't think I need to call PC? Remember, I'm anal that way!:rolleyes:

MissChef said:
This is what I want it for!!
Thanks everyone for your knowledge!
So you don't think I need to call PC? Remember, I'm anal that way!:rolleyes:
They would just tell you what we did.

...last year I did call HO and that's what they told me. :blushing: :p

Thanks Beth! Nice to know I'm not the only one that is anal!! LOL!:p J/K, you know I love ya!:love: I appreciate all of your help!;)

MissChef said:
Thanks Beth! Nice to know I'm not the only one that is anal!! LOL!:p J/K, you know I love ya!:love: I appreciate all of your help!;)
Yep that's me. :eek: I need to know what to expect.

Last conference I had earned the San Fran trip but a cluster mate had the visa card - she too had been turned down at a few places and had to keep track of transitions etc. Thats why i opt to take it early for 250 this year - (even though I thought I would go to NC and have changed plans) I used it towards a shopping spree for myself at my fav store!

I think the reason it was turned down for supplies is that you have to use a PC credit card or PC debit card for those. The Visa gift card is neither. Also, I know my hotel told me that they freeze a debit card for something like 24 hours. (That probably protects them for the time it takes to process it so you can't clean out the account, thereby stiffing them.) That meant I couldn't use it on the way home.As far as having to keep track of the balance, to me that's no different than using my standard debit card. i just record the transactions on my envelops where I keep my receipts.

Small highjack but still a question about the conference cash?? I had checked that I would be at conference and wanted the $300 conference cash, but now am unable to go so I know I will only get $250 but does anyone know when I will get the card???

raebates said:
I think the reason it was turned down for supplies is that you have to use a PC credit card or PC debit card for those. The Visa gift card is neither. Also, I know my hotel told me that they freeze a debit card for something like 24 hours. (That probably protects them for the time it takes to process it so you can't clean out the account, thereby stiffing them.) That meant I couldn't use it on the way home.

As far as having to keep track of the balance, to me that's no different than using my standard debit card. i just record the transactions on my envelops where I keep my receipts.
Exactly why I couldn't understand at first how people could have spent the money twice but then not everyone does things the same as I do and I don't always do things the easiest or smartest way either. I think those that had problems had them because it took so long for Merrill to charge the accounts (and I bet it was a mistake on someone at Merrill's part - misplaced paperwork or something). After a while, you second guess yourself and think maybe I didn't spend as much as I thought...

We're all human. :chef:

nicki25 said:
Small highjack but still a question about the conference cash?? I had checked that I would be at conference and wanted the $300 conference cash, but now am unable to go so I know I will only get $250 but does anyone know when I will get the card???
I would call HO and ask them. I think that they said that they will issue those cards (people who said they wanted conference cash and then don't end up going) after conference so I am thinking you'll get it around the end of July.

What is "Calling All Conference Cash Earners!"?

"Calling All Conference Cash Earners!" is an incentive program offered by Pampered Chef for consultants who attend and earn a certain amount of sales at the annual conference. It rewards consultants for their hard work and dedication to their business.

How can I participate in "Calling All Conference Cash Earners!"?

In order to participate in "Calling All Conference Cash Earners!", you must be a Pampered Chef consultant and attend the annual conference. You must also meet the sales requirements set by the company during the designated timeframe.

What are the sales requirements for "Calling All Conference Cash Earners!"?

The sales requirements for "Calling All Conference Cash Earners!" vary each year and are announced at the beginning of the incentive period. Typically, consultants must reach a certain amount of sales during the designated timeframe in order to qualify for the incentive.

What are the rewards for "Calling All Conference Cash Earners!"?

The rewards for "Calling All Conference Cash Earners!" also vary each year and are announced at the beginning of the incentive period. Past rewards have included cash bonuses, exclusive products, and recognition at the conference.

When will I receive my rewards for "Calling All Conference Cash Earners!"?

The rewards for "Calling All Conference Cash Earners!" are typically distributed at the annual conference or shortly after. If you are unable to attend the conference, the rewards will be mailed to you. Please note that rewards may take some time to process and distribute.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedtracy
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • ChefCKHall