• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is Your Favorite Part About Conference?

they were so awesome. Overall, I would have to say that my favorite part of conference was the General Sessions. :)
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I thought that since there are probably alot of new consultants and maybe some old on here who haven't been to conference and after reading the Shout Box tonight I thought I would start a thread where we can all take about our favorite part of conference. Get some excitement going on about conference this year!

My favorite would have to be the General Sessions. They are so energetic and motivating. Last year we sat in the front row and to look behind you and see all these people who share the same excitement as you is so fun!

My favorite non conference thing would be the hotel we stayed at. We actually said at a major fancy hotel (it wasn't a conference hotel). From a girl who's used to stay at Best Western, this was a pretty fancy hotel!

Well this is probably minimal for some people but I LOOOOVE the surprise boxes. My favorite part was trading stuff, in fact I was trading stuff for my friends in my cluster. (and I am good at it too so watch out!).

Yes, I keep talking about the surprise boxes to my recruit, she probably thinks I am a nut! But yes, that is my favorite part!

In fact, at some of our meetings we "trade" things, see I did bring something back from conference! :)

(I am a seller at heart!)

I love the freebies we get, the new bag and some suprises!! Love being there when they announce the new products and you get to see firsthand how to use them, tips and stuff. Learning about the new recipes.... there's so much more. Everyone should go.

Personally, I treasure Doris Christopher's speeches each and every conference I'm able to attend. She is just such a warm, caring person, and if you didn't know that beforehand, you sure know it when she's done!

She really reaches the audience, connecting with each Consultant with her heartfelt words and sweet smiles. She is just awesome, and I always come away feeling very fortunate and blessed to have been allowed to be even a small part of her great company!

OK, I guess that sounds a little mushy, but you did ask...! (and it's really true!) lol

Paula

I love being able to hang out with my director, and clustermates...and meeting other consultants from around the country. I also love just people watching. I come away just amazed at the wide variety of personalities who are successful at this business - it reinforces for me that anyone can do this!

gotta go to conferenceone of the neatest things for me about conference was when I finally "saw the big picture". I think by attending conference one can see that the best! I started in Oct. 1998 and went that July 1999 for my first conference. I was soooo clueless about the big picture. I was very successful in those 9 months leading up to conference but after attending it was soooo cool to see it all! What really is out there from the company standpoint....go go go to conference if you can!!!
The other great thing for me is having my downline go for the first time. I have had 2 different girls go. One has gone every year since being in PC...she wont miss it for anything now!!! And the crazy thing is...both of these girls won the shopping sprees the first years they attended...

I love getting to know my director and clustermates too. I also have to say that the General Sessions gave me warm fuzzies and really made me want to WORk my business!! Seeing all the new products were great and the freebies are great too!! The meeting of people from CS was awesome too!!

I love love love conference!!!:DMy favorite Parts are:
General Sessions
Networking w/ other consultants
Hanging out w/ cheffers
Mystery boxes
Taking a vacation I could go on and on. If you are thinking of going it is so much fun!!!!!

I think for me it's the whole experience of it all. Being able to cut loose of the Mom role for awhile and be a big girl myself and get on a plane and to the hotel in a big city without getting lost etc....

It's a great big boost in my self esteem and I come home strengthened and motivated!!

Meeting soooo many people and getting to make new friends. And being AWAY from DH and the kids for a few days!

general sessions get my vote! I also like the overall feeling of being truely appreciated by the company!

Last year was my first time and I loved the General Sessions. As someone else mentioned, seeing "the big picture" was really motivating and impressive. I also loved the Cheffers meet & Greet! The freebies were cool too! I hope I can swing it to go again this year.

My favorite part of conference is hanging out with my bestest PC friends that I only see at conferences and incentive trips.

my favorite parts of conferenceThere are so many things that I look forward to.
Walking into McCormick Center and seeing on the marque "Welcome The Pampered Chef National Conference 2008"
The unveiling of the new products with Lisa's hokey humor.
The drawing of the prizes and singing the song.
The electricity that is in the air from the large amount of consultants in the theater when opening session begins.
Anything with Doris'.
Just being away from home and being me, not wife and mother. (and trying not to feel guilty about it)
The inspirational speeches from consultants - I still remember Duska and Jen Lee from last year.
Seeing my Director walk across the stage again for TPC and then later trying on her ring and dreaming (I absolutely love the older style ring best)
Watching the new Directors walk across the stage and dreaming of when I will do it.
and finally, getting to spend days with my Director not just an hour or two every few months because we live across the country from each other.

• parts of general sessions (there are aspects of them that I could do without, but this is a "what do you like" thread, not a "what do you wish they'd get rid of" thread)
  • new product intro
  • seeing HO staff get all flustered when they get off script and try frantically to get back (except for Jean - she ROCKS at ad-libbing!)
  • playing with the new products in the new product room
  • table gifts
  • meeting other Cheffers
  • learning (or re-learning) things to help my business in the workshops
  • meeting HO staff and getting to thank them in person for everything they do for us
  • rooming with my Director and cluster-mates (we take turns sharing the bed with our Director - we're sleeping our way to the top)
  • recognition for accomplishments (many people at Leadership were treated to my "I have 2 ribbons" song :) )

DebbieJ said:
My favorite part of conference is hanging out with my bestest PC friends that I only see at conferences and incentive trips.

Same here!

Oh... and the gifts! :)

chefann said:
  • recognition for accomplishments (many people at Leadership were treated to my "I have 2 ribbons" song :) )

I want to hear more about that. :)

I love going out and partying 'til the wee hours in Chicago with cluster members from all over the country after our Executive Banquet! That is ALWAYS a fun night - one guy sets up a big "Happy Hour" for all of us at a fancy/trendy restaurant, we order crazy ****tails and dance/party all night and really have a blast. I love hanging out with and getting to know the other people in my ED's cluster that I never get to see (she's in MI, I'm in PA, the cluster is from all over - CA, TX, SC, you name it!).I also love seeing the new products and hearing about the new promotions - it really helps me at my shows to really understand the products and know how to present them best.I also love meeting people from all over the country and getting tips and ideas from everyone. It's a great "bonding" experience and it's hard to put into words, but it's nice to have people who "get it" when you talk about your shows, recruits, etc.Can't wait for July!

Well, I love everything!
General sessions, seeing the new products, hearing Doris & Jean talk, hanging out & getting to know my clustermates better, meeting consultants from all over the country, learning new skills for my business, love the executive banquet, seeing the sights of Chicago (pretty cool for a small town girl), and for me even just traveling 'by myself' (w/out family) & doing something for me is a big thing.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE conference--ya gotta go!:thumbup:

I love the excitement of being at conference. I think both times I went (I joined PC right after conf. in '05) I cried watching the new directors walk. I know, I'm a big doofus. I just think it's so awesome how PC treats it's consultants & acknowledges accomplishments in such a great way!

Sadly, I won't be at conference this year. :( With my medical stuff going on, I can't be 4 hours from home & not be able to get there if needed (happened last year - I was in the hotel trying to figure out how to get home on a train in the shape I was in).

pamperedposey said:
I want to hear more about that. :)
After several NCs at which I had a "naked" name badge, I was so excited at Leadership to have 2 ribbons (FD, and online training) that I started singing, "I have 2 ribbons" when I was putting them on the badge. It extended from there. Many, many phrases that fit the little tune were sung that week: We have cool roommates; This is the pink stuff; We get new products; We got a bracelet, etc. I was laughed at several times by HO staff for singing about new products in the product preview room.

I agree with what several others have said..

Conference allows you to see 'the big picture'. I went last year for the first time and was way skeptical. It is one of the most amazing experiences (business-wise) I have ever participated in..

Kind of like a revival except with kitchen tools!

Ann, please tell me you are in wave 3....

Ok - read your siggy.. I can't wait to meet you!!

The first time I attended, I was awed at the "Academy awards" like feeling I experienced at opening session. Dancers, theme songs, and women dancing in the audience. It was an undescribable experience that I look forward to every year. The comradery I have with my friends is the best! This is my once a year vacation with just my friends. The first time I attended, the knowledge I gained was amazing. I had two $1000 shows on the same day, the week after attending national conference. To get myself looking forward to my trip, I keep Lake Michigan with Chicago downtown in the background, as my computer background.

conferenceI am debating going to conference b/c i am new and i can't go to the session my group is attending due to a previously planned trip. I feel awkward attending something where I will not know anybody. Have any of you gone to a different session than the rest of your cluster/area. My sister lives in chicago so i could stay with her for free but I am scared to go it alone I guess.

So sad that Ann isn't in Wave 1 with me, this year, but I guess we can't hog her from the rest of you.
My favorite thing is that I get to be around so many people who understand the business. I don't have many fellow PC consultants whom I can talk to in person very often. I love being able to have conversations about it constantly, knowing I'm the topic isn't boring anyone.

shaverdog said:
I am debating going to conference b/c i am new and i can't go to the session my group is attending due to a previously planned trip. I feel awkward attending something where I will not know anybody. Have any of you gone to a different session than the rest of your cluster/area. My sister lives in chicago so i could stay with her for free but I am scared to go it alone I guess.
Don't worry about going alone! Most of the time you take different classes, etc that you don't have much time to hang out. Plus think of all the great new people you will meet. It will be an experience you'll never forget and you'll be glad you did it!

You can also check on the Wave threads to see who on here is in the same wave. I'm betting they would be glad to be your virtual cluster for your wave!

shaverdog said:
I am debating going to conference b/c i am new and i can't go to the session my group is attending due to a previously planned trip. I feel awkward attending something where I will not know anybody. Have any of you gone to a different session than the rest of your cluster/area. My sister lives in chicago so i could stay with her for free but I am scared to go it alone I guess.
I went "alone" last year, but I wasn't alone. I actually met up and hung out with people from here and roomed with other people from here, too. Keep reading and posting and watching for who needs roomies.

I loved the breakfasts for HWC and for walking as a new director! It was great dining with the HO staff!

I also have to say, I am in love with Jean's shoes! She has amazing taste and is such a lady!!!

1. What is the overall purpose of conference?

The main purpose of conference is to bring together Pampered Chef consultants from all over the country to learn, grow, and celebrate their achievements. It's a time to connect with fellow consultants, hear from company leaders, and get inspired for the upcoming year.

2. What kind of training can I expect at conference?

At conference, you can expect a variety of training sessions and workshops to help you improve your business skills and learn about new products and promotions. There are also opportunities for hands-on learning and networking with other consultants.

3. Will there be any special events or guest speakers at conference?

Yes, there will be special events and guest speakers at conference. In the past, we have had motivational speakers, industry experts, and celebrity chefs come and share their insights and experiences with us.

4. Is conference only for experienced consultants or can new consultants attend as well?

Conference is open to all Pampered Chef consultants, regardless of experience level. It's a great opportunity for new consultants to learn from more experienced consultants and get a jumpstart on their business.

5. How do I register for conference and when is the deadline?

You can register for conference through your Pampered Chef consultant account. The deadline for registration varies each year, so be sure to check the conference website or contact your team leader for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kreaser
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • Becca_in_MD
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
ChefCKHall
  • lovenpc